Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

aspieZim
Raven
Raven

07 Jun 2014, 11:44 am

probably way too much
i don't recognize the concept of a bad word. they're all just words in the english language. most of them are very useful in describing how i'm feeling in one word or statement. why are they bad? i can hurt and assault people much more with ordinary words and never involve a 'bad' word.
i have to control myself carefully so not to accidentally say one when talking to my parents. although when i'm mad or irritated i don't care what they think and my language is full of swears.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 2:46 pm

I swear more in real life than online. In real life swear words can just slip out. Online words can't just slip out because you have to think about it and type it in. I also usually reread things before I post them.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 2:06 am

Klowglas wrote:
Only when I'm especially angry. In my later adololescence I adopted some more playful words to use casually, "good gravy" being my favorite. I use that one when I'm annoyed, but nothing blows off steam like explicit curse words, though i only use them when I'm furious.

Heheh...I say "holy smoke" rather than "holy $#!+" when I'm in a situation where cursing wouldn't be appropriate, such as around my grandparents. There was a comics character -- in Spiderman, maybe? -- who used to say "Great Caesar's Ghost!"

Sometimes I find that the rhythm and number of syllables matters in swearing as much as the words themselves. That might be why so many swears are multi-syllabic. "Sh*t" just doesn't have the same feel as "Motherf***er!! !"

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 3:11 am

Heavens no.... :twisted:

Actually yeah, though usually not at people though I've gotten mad enough to do that....I usually use profanity to express frustration at inanimate objects, if I die in a video game I might but not really out of anger like I'll still be enjoying the game, but its still like 's**t I died' or in general conversation like to empathize things for instance 'That was a f*****g amazing concert!' expresses a bit more enthusiasm than ' that was a good concert'. I do censor myself around some family and such though it will still slip out even around them at times but I am 24 so I don't think that's a huge deal.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 3:17 am

Webalina wrote:
Heheh...I say "holy smoke" rather than "holy $#!+" when I'm in a situation where cursing wouldn't be appropriate, such as around my grandparents. There was a comics character -- in Spiderman, maybe? -- who used to say "Great Caesar's Ghost!"

Lol I remember watching like the old live action bat-man series from I don't know sometime in the past with the animated 'boom', 'pow' ect signs popping up during fights. His side kick dude would always say something like 'holy bannanas batman' whenever something was going down or a number of other random words though I imagine it was to replace the phrase 'holy s**t' I just remember me, my sister and my cousin laughing so hard at all the different words he'd come up with.

Jabberwokky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2014, 4:06 am

I did military service once and have worked on or in relation to heavy industrial sites all of my working life. I swear profoundly when it is useful for social acceptance and similarly, when in a family or corporate setting I can be immensely patrician in my general demeanour (that means no swearing for a start). As is true of aspies I have learnt the technique of being socially chameleonesque.

YankeeRose
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2014, 4:32 am

I swear all the time.I have all my life,My mother said the first word out of my mouth was the F word.When I get angry it is really vile.It shocks people & I got thrown out of church once for swearing at a Pastors wife in her home..... :oops: she insulted my husband & it wasn't the first time....sooo,i let it fly....I live in a very small town & everybody seemed to know I was the "one who cussed out Pastor so & so wife".I don't care tho.

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2014, 5:02 am

I used to not swear unless I get strongly angered while stressed out or tired.

While being in the military I learned that most of my peers could not understand me unless I used a cuss word for every other word.

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 7:33 pm

I remember swearing a lot when I was 3- or 4-years old. But my parents shouted at me and I stopped. I've never really sworn since, and it feels weird to try, like there's a mental block stopping me. Part of me is worried if I start I won't be able to stop and end up swearing in front of people I shouldn't.

Atom1966
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jun 2014, 9:02 pm

I swear all the time to let of steam.