Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 3:40 pm

I'm curious. Do you like to take *really* long showers? They make me feel so much better, but I've been looked at as an oddball for this by those who've known me. My brother does the same thing (which I found out when he came to visit).

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 3:42 pm

I'm sure its very therapeutic which is why I think you may enjoy a long shower or even a bath. I dont take long ones but I'd understand why you'd like to 8)

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 3:44 pm

I'm talking 2 hours or so...

sitting down, for me.

Last edited by YowlingCat on 20 Feb 2007, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 3:51 pm

When I had a shower to use where the water temperature stayed constant and had enough pressure, my showers pissed off the rest of the family because I'd forget all about the time going by and stay there a *really* long time. If I had been allowed, it could have amounted to a couple of hours. As it was, I could only acquire an hour. After that, it kind of defeated the purpose since I'd have to deal with more anger coming from outside the bathroom the longer I stayed in.

Now that I don't have a "safe" shower (due to temperature fluctuations and being highly sensitive to those changes); plus, not enough water pressure, I take baths with the water level as high as I can have it without it overflowing and will lay there for a *really* long time. It's one of those things I've fought hard to keep for myself because only I know how therapuedic it is for my nerves.

The ultimate best though is basking in a hot (over 200 degrees F), wood-fire heated sauna; followed by a jump into some cool water outdoors! Not enough of that around anymore. :(

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 4:11 pm

i like to think in the shower. i cut my showers short after 30 min. that is the longest i will allow myself.

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 4:54 pm

I used to, but I only have about 30 minutes of hot water. Otherwise I'd stay in there all day.

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 5:46 pm

I used to lie in the bath reading for long periods. But I have a shower here and in all honesty, I am usually in a hurry to get onto the next thing, so I am only 10 minutes in there. But then I believe I have ADHD too so I am always with this sense of urgency.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 Feb 2007, 6:11 pm

i still take baths. the whole point atleast in my opinion anyways is to relax. standing up isnt relaxing to me. i cant masturbate standing up either, it just feels so unatural. haha
:?

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 6:13 pm

Yeah, me too. I also have a tendency to run the shower but plug the drain (in a bathtub).

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 6:17 pm

Yeah. Used to do more when I was depressed. Haven't got 2 hours of hot water. Haven't got 1.

- Emerson

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 7:13 pm

matt271 wrote:
i like to think in the shower. i cut my showers short after 30 min. that is the longest i will allow myself.

I'm with Matt. Half hour is all I'll allow myself in the shower. But, I did have the builder put in this really cool jacuzzi garden tub and I lay in that thing like Filly with the water as high as it can be without overflowing. I also like the water really hot. In the shower, I don't turn on any cold water. I wonder what that's about?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 7:14 pm

I take long showers, sometimes for as long as 20 minutes, even on weekdays when I have to be at work early. As a result, I have get up much earlier than I would have to if I took short showers. My parents are usually tolerant about it, although they ask me to do it either before they get up or after they're done showering.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 7:14 pm

My IEP says that I can take a shower whenever I get really stressed at school. I have never had to use that opportunity but I could if I wanted to.

paranoid_android
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2007, 7:19 pm

matt271 wrote:

Same here. The first 15 minutes i just think about random things until I remember that I'm supposed to be doing something.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2007, 7:21 pm

How many of you guys sit-down in the shower?

20 Feb 2007, 10:23 pm

I take long ones but now I try to shorten them due too keep down the water bill.