Rant - ugh. Autism is behavioural, apparently.

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Iced
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 May 2014, 7:45 am

I might have learned to cope better over the years but that doesn't mean it's gone.

Just because I'm not having a meltdown in public because of 'everything going on around me' overload doesn't mean that I don't still wish that a mothership would come by and finally, finally, FINALLY beam me up and away and take me back 'home' because BOY does living on this world SUCK at times.

I'm good at hiding my worst days and I can even 'fake it' at times simply because of all the mental rubrics I have accumulated over time, but it doesn't mean I've 'outgrown' it.

Perhaps the only reason I'm not so bothered by the whole, "You'll outgrow it," business is because I already deal - and have had to deal - with that sort of crap regarding another lifelong genetic disorder that - like being on the spectrum - is 'invisible' and has been the focal point for many, "It's not that bad!" and "You'll outgrow it!" and "You can't even tell so it must not exist!" and "You look perfectly normal so you must be normal!" discussions and misunderstandings.