Has anybody ever met an actual Sociopath?

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

WhatHazard
Raven
Raven

23 May 2014, 11:41 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
WhatHazard wrote:
I know a friend of a family member who I think may be a sociopath but I also think maybe he has bad anxiety as well or it could be that he has both, I don't know it's hard to imagine a sociopath with anxiety disorder but maybe?

I don't let him near my things, and neither does the rest of the family, he's very charming and he can lie to you while looking you in the eye and take you things while your in the same room with him, however I still consider them a friend in a somewhat weird way even though I would never let him in my home or close to anything I cared about. I think he's fascinating because we both have similar experiences with feeling nothing at times, and we have similar interests. I think he knows I don't really trust him with anything, not sure if he cares or not.

Why do you bother with this person?? The only anxiety he's feeling is the fact that you know what he is. They don't like to be found out.

I only bother with him because he's somewhat a part of the extended family, kind of half-assedly adopted into it so I can't avoid him all the time though I usually do for long, long periods. If he wasn't I would have nothing to do with him. The entire family knows he's like this and it's no secret; he lives with some of them but doesn't cause much trouble for them because they keep a close eye on him, I think he mostly stays with them out of convenience, it may not end well for them in the long run but I have no say in it. He has no clue I think he may be a sociopath, he only knows I won't let him near my things or house but I think I'm far enough out of his circle that it doesn't matter to him and I play dumb and boring while he's around (usually when I visit said families house) so he doesn't get anything of use from me. For all I know he may have horrible anxiety which can make a person look like a sociopath, he also had a terrible childhood from what I've gathered and that could cause him to act out, I'm not proper doctor so I don't claim to know what the hell his issue really is, I think it's interesting but I also don't care that much.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 4:21 pm

Yeah...my ex friend Chrissy that I've known for 30 years.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 4:36 pm

Sociopath:

S - Self interest excludes concern for anyone else
O -Others, contempt for
C - Conscience bypass
I- Inflated sense of self worth and importance
O - Outrageous behaviour
P - Perverse
A - Arrogant
T - Taker, never reciprocates
H - Hateful - literally filled with hate for others (though may disguise it with charming smile.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 5:37 pm

I was raised by sociopaths, actually malignant narcissists. Not fun. I finally went "no contact" with all but one sister.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 5:47 pm

During my years in high school, I knew quite a few kids that exhibited antisocial features. I sometimes wonder if these kids are really our future.

BritAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2014, 6:33 pm

I am one (no joke) I exhibit all the symptoms: I lie habitually, I feel little for most people, most of my facial expressions are face value only the list goes on. I'm happy like this. Some would say I'm sick in the head but screw em who knows maybe they're the ones sick in the head.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 9:05 pm

seahawksfan46 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
A guy I grew up with mightve been. Knew him from junior high through college. Havent seen him for years.

He was a thrillseeker, drug user, and womanizer.
I suspect that he probably had adhd. He was very manipulative. Which in retrospect made me wonder if he was a sociopath.

Not sure he was really a textbook sociopath or not. But he was certainly a singular individual.

It sounds like he could've been one, but the drugs might've manifested his behavioral patterns as well. Did he take one that's as mild as Marijuana or as strong as Cocaine?

He was heavily into pot (his brother was into alcohol). He did drop acid once in a while. But come to think of it he didnt do harder stuff like coke that I recall.

JerryM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 May 2014, 11:09 pm

Come to think of it, yes. I knew a guy in school who would constantly tell me he'd fall asleep daydreaming about invasions wiping out people and envisioning mangled corpses. He told me that he doesn't care if he dies as long as he gets to take out as many people as he can before then. He even told me that he very nearly killed a few people because they were standing in front of his car and he hit the gas. I'm sure a lot of it was all talk but it was pretty scary. Not to mention that his overall goal in life was to take over the US by tricking people into the "freedom of choice" and robbing them of their freedoms to turn the world into a totalitarian state. He ended up joining the marines to try and "work his way up into the system". Not sure what's happened to him since. Probably got kicked out.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 11:19 pm

Nope

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 12:27 am

My alter ego, Kill.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 12:30 am

I suppose I work with one or two. They're of the corporate variety.

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2014, 6:49 pm

My mother is a narcissistic sociopath and she was very hard to live with while I was growing up. She has to have control of everybody and everything and doesn't do anything for anyone unless it benefits her, then she also expect's praise and admiration (worship) 10X what she does for the other person and you better not forget it. The lies and subtle put downs are also unbearable. I no longer have anything to do with either of my parent's because mother is unbearable and mean and father is supporting whatever she say's, does or want's.

Also my grandmother (mom's mom) was narcissistic. She has been deceased for some time now. It isn't that I cared nothing for her but I also don't miss her at all. I do miss my other grandmother though.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 7:27 am

I am a sociopath.

Does that make me a bad person?

I don't really care if it does to be honest.

I've only got myself anyway.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 7:53 am

Society is overrun with mild/moderate level sociopaths that are usually passed off as being NT their entire lives. Most appear normal on the surface because they don't say what they're really thinking most of the time, or at least until they get angry like when they feel their ego is under attack.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 9:13 am

babybird wrote:
I am a sociopath.

Does that make me a bad person?

I don't really care if it does to be honest.

I've only got myself anyway.

:o Are you diagnosed?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 9:21 am

No, I'm not but I seem to fit the criteria of what people are saying.