Page 278 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 358  Next

ImNOTBatman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Dec 2014, 3:55 am

LadyDaemontus wrote:
What is your first name? Krystle

Hobbies and Interests: Haha. TONNES!

Why are you here? I'm here to find likeminded individuals who I can relate to and hopefully expand my small social circle.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed around the age of 7/8 so I had early intervention and counselling.

Favorite subjects: English, Science, Mathematics, Technology, Art, Drama, History, nearly everything.

Year/Grade: I am actually in TAFE now however, I am completely my high school finals through TAFE )which is like college).

Favorite music: Celtic, Pagan, 80s goth, 80s/70s rock music, post hardcore, hard rock, ethereal music + lots more.

BOOKS: I'm mostly a fantasy, non fiction, drama, crime, horror, dark romance, occult and supernatural kind of person. Think of Anne Rice, J.K Rowling, James Patterson authors. I LOVE Skullduggery Pleasant. And, I read a tonne of pagan, mythology, fae, spiritual books, too.

TV shows/Movies: I'm a drama/crime/action person. I love CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds. I love horror movies. I love the occult and supernatural so shows like The Walking Dead, Supernatural, True blood, Twilight etc.

Instrument: I wanted to play Piano/Keyboard if that counts. If I could, I would learn violin.

Do you like sports? Depends. I enjoy swimming, skipping, dancing, soccer, volleyball. A bit of hockey but I am not a crash hot sports star, no :P But, I do it because it's fun.

Family: My mother's side is Dutch/German, and they immigrated to Australia from Holland. Both my mum's brothers were born overseas but my mother and myself were not. My father's family are from Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales. I used to live in a house of 3 people. Only child. Now, my parents are divorced. Mum has a boyfriend overseas she will be seeing next July and my dad has a partner who has 4 kids who have become my step siblings. My non-biological family consists of a friend whom is like an older brother plus another man who my friend has recently been dating (yes, this guy is gay. If you have a problem with that, then tough).

Clothing: A variety. I can go belly dancer styles, fetish styles, goth styles, Hawaiian, pastel, just plain black, metal, Arabian, pagan/hippy/new age...

How did you find this website? I found it on Google when looking for Aspies who were goth, too.

Job: I was working at my local gift shop/New Age store for 4 weeks. I am now once more unemployed. I am seeking work in the funeral/death business just because I like to dabble and learn. I might also work in the entertainment and spiritual businesses, too.

Plans for the future? Lots! I have a whole entire world to explore. Lots and lots of plans. I plan on having my own apartment which will be decked out to represent who I am and what my life is about. I have plans to travel to the UK and America in the near future. I want to go to college or do more educational courses. I have books and shows and movies lined up for me to complete. I want to find someone worth spending my life with and explore the world with them. Maybe have two kids and have a handfasting. I want to live life until I die. I don't want to settle down because my senses just tingle to explore!

Any comments? Just read my profile which is featured in the 'Website' section of my WrongPlanet profile. Also, feel free to talk to me. Warning: I don't do well with trash/teen/bad spelling and grammar talk, either. I think that unless you have a legit reason to be typing like that, if you're going to do it for no reason other than to be a twat, it makes you look bad and it kills any form of romance or friendship. I love languages and literature, so I fall in love with vocab, beautiful narratives and poetry. :)

Hi Krystle, I don't know if you've already seen it but if you like crime dramas I recommend watching Perception or Elementary. You might have already seen them but if you haven't there great.

LadyDaemontus
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2014, 6:07 am

ImNOTBatman wrote:
LadyDaemontus wrote:
What is your first name? Krystle

Hobbies and Interests: Haha. TONNES!

Why are you here? I'm here to find likeminded individuals who I can relate to and hopefully expand my small social circle.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed around the age of 7/8 so I had early intervention and counselling.

Favorite subjects: English, Science, Mathematics, Technology, Art, Drama, History, nearly everything.

Year/Grade: I am actually in TAFE now however, I am completely my high school finals through TAFE )which is like college).

Favorite music: Celtic, Pagan, 80s goth, 80s/70s rock music, post hardcore, hard rock, ethereal music + lots more.

BOOKS: I'm mostly a fantasy, non fiction, drama, crime, horror, dark romance, occult and supernatural kind of person. Think of Anne Rice, J.K Rowling, James Patterson authors. I LOVE Skullduggery Pleasant. And, I read a tonne of pagan, mythology, fae, spiritual books, too.

TV shows/Movies: I'm a drama/crime/action person. I love CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds. I love horror movies. I love the occult and supernatural so shows like The Walking Dead, Supernatural, True blood, Twilight etc.

Instrument: I wanted to play Piano/Keyboard if that counts. If I could, I would learn violin.

Do you like sports? Depends. I enjoy swimming, skipping, dancing, soccer, volleyball. A bit of hockey but I am not a crash hot sports star, no :P But, I do it because it's fun.

Family: My mother's side is Dutch/German, and they immigrated to Australia from Holland. Both my mum's brothers were born overseas but my mother and myself were not. My father's family are from Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales. I used to live in a house of 3 people. Only child. Now, my parents are divorced. Mum has a boyfriend overseas she will be seeing next July and my dad has a partner who has 4 kids who have become my step siblings. My non-biological family consists of a friend whom is like an older brother plus another man who my friend has recently been dating (yes, this guy is gay. If you have a problem with that, then tough).

Clothing: A variety. I can go belly dancer styles, fetish styles, goth styles, Hawaiian, pastel, just plain black, metal, Arabian, pagan/hippy/new age...

How did you find this website? I found it on Google when looking for Aspies who were goth, too.

Job: I was working at my local gift shop/New Age store for 4 weeks. I am now once more unemployed. I am seeking work in the funeral/death business just because I like to dabble and learn. I might also work in the entertainment and spiritual businesses, too.

Plans for the future? Lots! I have a whole entire world to explore. Lots and lots of plans. I plan on having my own apartment which will be decked out to represent who I am and what my life is about. I have plans to travel to the UK and America in the near future. I want to go to college or do more educational courses. I have books and shows and movies lined up for me to complete. I want to find someone worth spending my life with and explore the world with them. Maybe have two kids and have a handfasting. I want to live life until I die. I don't want to settle down because my senses just tingle to explore!

Any comments? Just read my profile which is featured in the 'Website' section of my WrongPlanet profile. Also, feel free to talk to me. Warning: I don't do well with trash/teen/bad spelling and grammar talk, either. I think that unless you have a legit reason to be typing like that, if you're going to do it for no reason other than to be a twat, it makes you look bad and it kills any form of romance or friendship. I love languages and literature, so I fall in love with vocab, beautiful narratives and poetry. :)

Hi Krystle, I don't know if you've already seen it but if you like crime dramas I recommend watching Perception or Elementary. You might have already seen them but if you haven't there great.

Sounds sort of like a Sherlock thing. Haha. I go for anything that has interesting murders in it. Some of my favorite episodes often contain freakshows, BDSM, sadist type murders or sexual sadists since such crimes fascinate me.

''I can be the villain to your whore~''

becky72
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2015, 6:43 pm

What is your first name?
Becky

Hobbies and Interests:
Internet, gaming, may start playing mtg

Why are you here?
This is an interesting website. I feel like I could learn from it.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects:
I'm studying accountancy at the moment. I enjoy that.

Year/Grade:
In college

Favorite music:
Alternative rock mainly
MCR, All time low, Mayday Parade

Books:
Don't read fiction much. Paper towns and a stuff of nightmares were both good books.

TV shows/Movies:
Buffy the vampire slayer, How I met your mother, Merlin, House
Harry potter, Mr. Nobody, Princess Bride

Instrument:
I used to play guitar but I gave up

Do you like sports?
Not particularly. Some are alright to watch a little bit

Family:
Parents, a grandparent, 2 brothers, 1 sister. That's all the family I actually see.

Clothing:
I've been told I dress like a boy

How did you find this website?
I typed things into Google wondering if they were just things I did and this website came up a lot so I decided to look around it.

Job:
Well I have a paper round. Not quite sure I have the social skills to get myself a real job yet.

Plans for the future?
Pass AAT exams. Move in with my boyfriend at some point. Get a job. Find some more hobbies.

Any comments? No. Except for the word "no" and the sentence I am now typing...

NotAnEvilRobot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jan 2015, 2:19 am

First name: Brian

Hobbies/interests: paleontology, computers, science fiction, non fiction, reading in general, physics, electronics in general

Why I'm here: I was diagnosed with Asperger's, and I have an unassailable suspicion that I have some form of chronic depression. With that out of the way, I'm here to converse, make friends, and be part of this community.

When I was diagnosed: I was determined to have Asperger's Syndrome when I was 3, and I don't disagree with that assertion given my preferences and behavior.

Favorite subjects: science, history, mathematics (very recently), computer science, nanotechnology (I have a cursory interest in many things).

Grade: Freshman in college

Music: I have eclectic taste, but I prefer classical, jazz, electronic, and classic rock.

Books: Foundation trilogy, Flowers for Algernon, non-fiction and hard science fiction in general.

TV Shows/Movies: Jurassic Park, Star Trek, Breaking Bad to name a few.

Instrument: Played trombone for 4 years and took a piano class (intend to follow up).
Sports: Somewhere between no and meh, with meh reserved for soccer and hockey.

Family: Mom, Dad, and Sister. My dad's on the spectrum too, and my mom and sister are more than willing to accommodate me, even if they don't know how all the time.

Clothing: Mostly casual: t-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts and sweaters. Jeans are sometimes acceptable.

I found this website when I was searching for more information about autism on the Web, and it's much more thoroughly understood than when I was younger, but that's not saying too much.

Job: Never had one before. Planning on at least one internship in the near future.

Plans for the Future: Unclear at this point. I've started to purge my depression, and there seems to be a great deal of subjects and professions I could become enamored with while in college.

No other comments.

"As buds give rise by growth to fresh buds...so by generation I believe it has been with the great Tree of Life, which fills with its dead and broken branches the crust of the earth, and covers the surface with its ever branching and beautiful ramifications." - Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species

Reidy1987
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2015, 7:00 am

What is your first name? Jim

Hobbies and Interests: Computing, walking, cycling, photography (not very well)

Why are you here? To find out more about Asperger's and interact with others.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not officially diagnosed but self-diagnosed recently.

Favorite subjects: Math, languages.

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Classic rock, 60s Psychedelia.

Books: Lord of the Rings, crime thrillers.

TV shows/Movies: NCIS and similar.

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? Yes - soccer and tennis.

Family: Married with two daughters.

Clothing: Casual preferably.

How did you find this website? Surfing around

Job: Retired - previously computer operator, data analyst, computer programmer, systems analyst, project leader, customer centre advisor, project leader (again), help centre team leader, project leader (again), and town planning technician.

Plans for the future? Enjoy my retirement

Any comments? Although I haven't officially been diagnosed with Aspergers I took the various quizzes that are available and confirmed my suspicion (and that of my wife) that I probably have it.

SydFurry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2015, 7:27 pm

What is your first name?: Syd!

Hobbies and Interests: Animation; Animals; Video Games; Music; Drawing.

Why are you here?: To meet other ND people!

Favorite subjects: English; Art.

Year/Grade: Graduated high school in '11.

Favorite music: Alternative Rock; Foreign Pop; Electronica.

Books: God's Word Translation of The Bible.

TV shows/Movies: WALL.E; Edward Scissorhands; Juno; The Goonies.

Instrument: Don't play any!

Do you like sports?: No.

Family: One mom and one dad (divorced); one younger brother; and whoever my mom is dating at the time.

Clothing: Graphic Tees; Jeans or Slacks; Hoodies (weather permitted); and Snapback Hats.

How did you find this website?: I don't remember, honestly.

Job: Unemployed.

Plans for the future?: To move in with my partner!

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 11:15 pm

Hobbies and Interests: books, video games, writing.

Why are you here? I wanted to find other people with Asperger’s Syndrome and similar disorders.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Asperger’s Syndrome.

Favorite subjects: art.

Year/Grade: Graduated High school in 2002

Favorite music: all sorts really.

Books: Everything but romance.

TV shows/Movies: Horror movies are my favorite.

Instrument: Only if a kazoo counts.

Do you like sports? No not at all.

Clothing: Just jeans and shirts.

How did you find this website? Recommended by someone on another forum.

Job: Bottle return clerk.

Plans for the future? Pay off the house.

Lightligurua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2015, 12:09 am

What is your first name? Gary

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, listening to music, exploring, fantasy, space and oceans

Why are you here? I was seeking people that I could relate with and understand the pillars of life much more.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2007

Favorite subjects: Science

Favorite music: Progressive

Books: Fantasy/sci-fi

TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who

Instrument: Keyboard

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: Sisters, Dad, mom and cats

Clothing: Shirt, coats and jeans

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Currently unemployed

Plans for the future? To be self employed and find one piece.

Tommy3477
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm

What is your first name? Tommy

Hobbies and Interests: None, really. I like to think.

Why are you here? To see if there are others like me out there.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Undiagnosed

Favorite subjects: Math, physics, astronomy.

Year/Grade: Currently enrolled in online school.

Favorite music: Rap, metal, pop, easy listening, country, Motown, doo wop, R&B, soul, classic rock

Books: Not much of a reader.

TV shows/Movies: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek TNG, Jeopardy, WWE

Instrument:

Do you like sports? Watching college football

Family: Married, no children

Clothing: Shorts and T shirts. Don't like too much fabric against my skin.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Letter Carrier

Plans for the future? Will let you know when I complete my degree.

DarkShiva
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Feb 2015, 1:34 pm

What is your first name?: Carolyn

Hobbies and Interests: video games, collecting, sculpting & figure customization, music, movies

Why are you here?: To join a community really. Maybe feel a little less isolated.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Age 20! I'm autistic

Favorite subjects: Art!

Year/Grade: None

Favorite music: Lots - rock, metal, pop and some dance stuff

Books: Sabriel (Old kingdom trilogy), Millennium series by Stieg Larsson, Battle Royale, Generally fantasy and crime/mystery stuff.

TV shows/Movies: Lord of the rings, Bourne, Resident evil, Hunger games series, Horror and crime stuff (even though i can't look! :lol: )

Instrument: None unfortunately

Do you like sports? Nope

Family: I have parents, an older sister, Opa, Aunt and my sis' boyfriend (who i see as my brother pretty much). I have other family members but i never see them.

Clothing: I like cute stuff but i mostly wear comfortable warm things, like jumpers and such. Or cute and comfortable things if i can. Onesies are awesome.

How did you find this website? My Mum

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future? Not sure. End goal would be to get better with sculpting and customizing figures. And maybe get back into drawing/painting again.

Any comments?

CountFabula
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2015, 10:07 pm

What is your first name? Legally Marina, decidedly Mirin

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, reading, character developing

Why are you here? To get more information on the autism spectrum, and maybe talk to people?

Favorite subjects: English, art

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: Indie/pop/rock

Books: The Mortal Instruments, The Lunar Chronicles, The Alchemyst

TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who

Instrument: vocal cords??

Do you like sports? nah

Family: an older sister and two step-brothers, both parents

Clothing: comfortable things, like sweats, t-shirts, jeans

How did you find this website? A Yahoo! Answers page about "How can I tell if I have Asperger's?"

Job: searching

Plans for the future? Bachelor's degree in communications, then become a book editor. Marriage would be cool. As to how I'll achieve any of that... well that's the real question isn't it?

Any comments?

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2015, 9:21 am

What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: writing, drawing, computer RTS games, climbing trees, exercising, english tutoring, watching sh***y movies.

Why are you here?: a few more dream job rejections and it just hit me how behind I am with my Peers, I knew I had aspergers for some time, but I never tired to seek help, just thought I could power through... (its like that lyric, "i'd walk with my people if I could find them")

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): In elementary school, but back then, apergers=ret*d, so in spent most of my early years thinking that i was incapable of learning...

Favorite subjects: History, Science, Philosophy, Narrative,

Year/Grade: graduated

Favorite music: Motown and Grunge.

Books: anything by Pratchett, Salvatore, Lovecraft, Heinlein, Asimov, Rowling, Tolkien, Orwell, etc

TV shows/Movies: I only watched TV when I was young... favorite movies is still Jaws, my favorite movie since I was five (my parents had to fire the baby sitter)

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? Martial Arts

Family: My sister and my mother, my father is deceased.

Clothing: whatever fits?

How did you find this website? blind luck, searches...

Job: Retail, but hopefully quitting that to become an electrician apprentice (its better than minimum wage)

Plans for the future?: still trying ti figure that out. I still want to go to japan, but maybe I should wait while and build up more money before doing that...

Any comments?

Ashley2193
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2015, 3:50 am

Ashley

Massachusetts

Six Flags, RCT3, Sims 3, video/computer games, harry potter, tv shows, environment, animals, internet, college, photography

looking for friends in my area

When were you diagnosed? April 2014 (3 months before turning 21.)

Favorite subjects: changes

college

Favorite music: changes; mainly Christian, Wizard Rock, and Country, but suggest something an I will probably enjoy it.

Books: Harry Potter (all) wishbone, No flying in the house, some of Twilight, Goosebumps, and a bunch of things i cant remember.

TV shows/Movies: Parenthood, Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, 7th Heaven, Switched at Birth, Scooby Doo, Bones, House, Forensic Files, and others.

Instrument: piano

Do you like sports? Soccer & Baseball are ok but im not obsessed and dont watch them unless its in person. i really like Quidditch but we all know it isnt real.

Family: important

How did you find this website? watching "United States of Autism"

Job: looking

Plans for the future? boyfriend, dog, parrot, graduating college. (im majoring in Pre-Vet an Photography)

rallalamusic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Feb 2015, 1:28 pm

What is your first name?
Mon nom est Robert
Hobbies and Interests:
Listening to music, shopping, writing music and books
Why are you here?
To get to know others
Favorite subjects:
French
Year/Grade:
Favorite music:
Madonna, MJ, George Michael, Kylie Minogue, Sia, Taylor Swift, Andrea Bocelli, and Queen
Books:
The Great Gatsby, The Color Purple,and Harry Potter series
TV shows/Movies:
American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, 2 Broke Girls, (I'll watch anything but these are my favorite shows)
Spirited Away, The Color Purple, The Pianist, Frozen, Finding Nemo, and Her
Instrument:
Piano
Do you like sports?
Not really though I do enjoy watching the Super Bowl Halftime Show
Family:
I have here, in Florida, and in Brownsville
Clothing:
Calvin Klein
How did you find this website?
I do personal research
Job:
Unemployed as of now
Plans for the future?
Yes I'm an aspiring music artist, model, author, film writer, and autistic friend of anyone
Any comments?
N/A

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 3:03 pm

welcome to wp everyone! 8)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

kenya2k1
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2015, 9:49 pm

What is your first name?Erin

Hobbies and Interests:i like jigsaw puzzles,bike riding and nature and i love animals

Why are you here?to be socialable and meet cool people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):in November 2014 with aspergers

Favorite subjects:not sure

Year/Grade:high school graduate

Favorite music:country,hip-hop, pop,r&b,and some alternative

Books:fiction and some non fiction

TV shows/Movies:cartoons, action, and fantasy

Instrument:played the piano a lil bit when I was younger

Do you like sports?yes love baseball

Family:youngest of three

Clothing:loose and comfy if i could wear sweats all day i would

How did you find this website?my therapist suggested it

Job: assistant manager at universal studios Orlando

Plans for the future? Just to be myself and happy :lol:

Any comments? I have a small dog named cuddles and he is the best. He gets me through my day. I cant imagine life without him :heart: