Page 275 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 358  Next

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 8:36 pm

Nice. You used to live only a short distance from my neck of the woods. I've been a West Sider my whole life. Only a few minutes out from Springfield.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

19 Nov 2014, 5:29 pm

What is your first name? Rick. That is my real name. Not Richard, because my dad didn't want anyone to call me Dick. Personally, I would like Dick better. It is better suited

Hobbies and Interests: cars, boats, motorcycles, guns. Stuff like that. I enjoy the mechanics of things. I like making things. I enjoy watching a good movie too.

Why are you here? I'm trying to come out of the closet I guess.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Need one. Hopefully I will come out normal if I ever get one, but I'm doubting it. I need money.

Favorite subjects: my hobbies, and interests of course.

Year/Grade: 12+1+1&1/2 to finish the first 12

Favorite music: stuff like megadeath, Primus, cake, eminem, old metallica, pantera, jimmy hendrix, led zepplin, bach, limp bizkit, prince, tool, korn.

Books: Carlos Castaneda. It really gets me thinking about stuff.

TV shows/Movies: no Tv shows really. Some of my favorite movies are Clint Eastwood flix, purple rain (he is fom here), monty python, young guns, goodwill hunting, the fisher king, men who stare at goats, smokey and the bandit, powder, the matrix, as good as it gets, kill bill, the lawnmower man, big trouble in little china, bullworth, hearts in atlantis, gangs of new york. I will stop there :D

Instrument: I played a trumpet in high school I was horrible. Something about the connection between my brain, and fingers just don't work like most people. I failed a one year typing class too.

Do you like sports? Not really.

Family: none of my own

Clothing: Mostly stained. I have fancy clothes I never wear. I look too good in them anyways. Way too many compliments. 8)

How did you find this website? A search about the stuff I was going through.

Job: currently self employed, and fairly broke.

Plans for the future? My options are open. Other than that, I think I found myself, and that to me is my future.

Last edited by yournamehere on 19 Nov 2014, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2014, 5:30 pm

Updated November 2014

What is your first name? Martin

Religion: Atheist. I think about god or gods in the same way as I do about Santa Clause, The Tooth Fairy and "The Flying Spaghetti Monster": while theoretically they could exist, in the absence of any objective and rational evidence for them, the only reasonable conclusion is that they almost certainly do not.

Politics: Right-of-center. What I want is for the UK to have control over our own laws, a criminal justice system that prefers victims over criminals and, in general, our National Sovereignty back from the EU. Is there anybody I can safely vote for other than the Raving Loonies? :(

Hobbies and Interests: Astronomy, heavy rock music, information technology, walking and the cat fancy. I have some interest in mathematical philosophy, foundations of mathematics and so on, but am strictly an amateur. I have an electrical engineering and computer science background and still find those interesting, up to a point.

Why are you here? Primarily to find a partner: the pool of single women with Asperger Syndrome in my segment of Real Life is very small. I would also like to share experiences: both for cathartic reasons and to help others like myself.

When were you diagnosed? A few years ago. First by a GP while experiencing depression and stress, confirmed by a psychiatrist a year or so later. Where I live, the NHS did not at the time fund diagnosis for adults; I have thus not been able to take the usual battery of psychometric tests; however, looking back at my history and considering my emotional and psychological state prior to recovery, it all makes sense and it is pretty clear that I have Asperger Syndrome.

Favorite subjects: Astronomy, cosmology and computer science.

Year/Grade: BSc (2/i) in Computer Systems in the late 1980s; MSc in microelectronics in the early 1990s.

Do you keep pets? A ginger cat. A big ginger cat. I am keeping him on a diet, as he would eat all day if he could :)

Favorite music: Heavy Rock (e.g., Hawkwind and Raven); Heavy Metal (e.g., Agent Steel and Overkill); Baroque (e.g., Bach and Handel).

Books: My life is in such flux and I am so busy that I barely have time to read. Previously, and I hope subsequently: Science-Fiction (e.g., Jack of Shadows, an interesting fusion of SF and Fantasy); "sword and sandals" Fantasy (e.g., The Knight & Knave of Swords); Non-fiction, the more eclectic the better, (e.g. Medieval Russian Laws, Irrationality - The Enemy Within, Honourable Cat (poetry); and, though not strictly a book, Wikipedia's articles on mathematical philosophy, astronomy and cosmology).

TV shows/movies: TV: Stargate SG-1, Star Trek Enterprise, The Sky at Night, Great British/European Train Journeys, The Code (and anything else by Professor du Sautoy), Horizon (anything involving Cosmology or Physics), What We Still Don't Know (a bit old, but groundbreaking for its time, great stuff from Professor Sir Martin Rees) and for pure entertainment: Midsomer Murders. Boxed DVD sets: The History Channel: Egypt, Barbarians, Engineering an Empire and my favourite, Clash of the Gods). I have also watched my way through most Agatha Christie detective series, Morse, Lewis, New Tricks and Endeavour. Movies: Dredd 2D (2012), The Punisher (2004).

Instrument: Piano - I can play a little by ear. As a child, I could read music up to a point.

Do you like sports? To watch: Football, Cricket. To play: no.

Family: I have been single nearly all my life and have no children. I am on good terms with most of my birth family and we all keep in touch, primarily with Facebook.

Clothing: I prefer soft, comfortable clothes coloured black, dark blue or deep red.

How did you find this website? I can't remember, it was all too long ago :)

Job: Various roles with Asperger East Anglia at the Beccles Project. Primarily Book Sales Co-ordinator (paid) and Social Media Co-Ordinator (volunteer). I also run the local social group for adults with Asperger Syndrome.

How do you get around? I have a full, clean UK driver's licence and a car. I prefer to walk, catch the bus or take the train; however, East Anglia is very rural; most of my social life requires private transport to reach. I hope also to buy a bicycle at some point; I used to enjoy riding.

Plans for the future? Find a really sweet-natured and truly nice woman who has Asperger Syndrome with whom to share lifelong true love, or as close an approximation to the ideal of true love as actually exists; own a home of my own; show cats in competition; speak about astronomy to the general public. The latter is scheduled for February next year and I have already spoken about autism to the general public, though I hope to do more of that in the future.

What do you look like?

Any comments? To get a fuller idea about me, just click the find all posts link on my profile; however, here's a brief summary.

* I have always been looking for "others like me" since secondary school but didn't know exactly what that meant. I thought things would change at University, but even at postgraduate level, most of the people that I met were clever NTs rather than Aspies; Iwas quite surprised that nobody else wanted to sit quietly over tea and discuss philosophy and logic. I did start a mini campaign that year to replace some droll electrical engineering module on our course with "Formal Methods pt 2"; I guess that was a small victory for reason and science :)

* I did have a job for ten years, but it all went wrong due to the work changing; it was really the wrong job to begin with, but was all I could get, given my then-unknown AS and the depression of the early 1990s.

* I spent all but the last year or so recieving ESA, a disability based social security benefit; I took part in various employment rehabilitation programmes; leaned to drive; and got something of a social life. I improved slowly but surely, both in employability and in my personal life; my volunteering in a customer-facing role helped a lot; however, due to lack of effective support I became stuck in a rut.

* Meanwhile, after a couple of years admiring her from a distance and lacking the social skills to romance her, I developed enough to fall in love a year or so ago with a really nice woman I knew who was obviously on much the same wavelength as myself. It didn't work out for various reasons, not least because of her insecurity about her own eccentricities.

* Being otherwise well adjusted and hiding her Asperger Syndrome very cleverly, it was a shock for me to realise just after she had turned me down that yes, she really was in many ways a "female version of me". I had given up hope that such a person existed, the whole idea seemed too good to be true and, apparently terrified of being "outed" as being autistic, she had been hiding under my nose all that time.

* The shock and pain of rejection did at least catalyse me into action; a bit like Pearl Harbour bringing the USA into WWII; it awoke the sleeping giant. I just started, out of desperation, to do something about the personal flaws I perceived; it was very slow at first, but I just kept on going where the younger me would have given up. As a result, many life skills and knowledge patterns, the kind NTs take for granted, suddenly made sense all at once; it was as if I had just walked out of an endless bank of fog and into the sunlight.

* After nearly a year, I am almost down to my correct weight, have massively improved life and employability skills; have a much-better personal life; am getting physically fit again and have a job at last. It was an utterly horrible experience, but it paved the road to recovery. I now want to enjoy the things I have missed out on in life so far; things that NTs take almost for granted.

* Most importantly, I am over the woman I spoke of; she and I have sometimes talked to each other almost normally. I hope that somebody exists out there with whom I can be at a good match.

* I would like to find that person and it is primarily to that end that I am here on Wrong Planet.

ImNOTBatman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Nov 2014, 12:35 pm

What is your first name? Danny

Age? 17

Location? For this website, unknown

Hobbies and Interests? Videogames (Tomb Raider's and Metal Gear Solid are the best), Movies, Music (Arctic Monkeys and Paramore), Maths and Science

Why are you here? To try to talk to people like me and hopefully make some friends.

Favorite subjects? Maths, Physics, Biology

Year / grade? 13

Favorite music? Rock and Indie. Arctic Monkeys, Paramore, Jake Bugg, Fall Out Boy etc....

Books? Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Enders Game, Maze Runner

TV shows? Pushing Davies, Perception, Elementary, Forever, House

Movies? Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Batman's, Spiderman's, any superhero really.

Instrument(s)? Guitar

Do you like sports? Tennis, Skateboarding/Snowboarding

How did you find this website? Google

Job? Student

Plans for the future? Mathematics BSc

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Nov 2014, 12:01 am

What is your first name?
Allen

Hobbies and Interests: Metal, Punk, Martial arts, guitar, Art, Drums, Gaming, Comic, Manga, Computer, Cooking, watching the sunset.

Why are you here? To get to know one another that had aspergers as much as i do to form a friend or beyond.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): somewhere around my childhood.

Favorite subjects: Music, Math, Art and psychology.

Year/Grade: Sophomore in college

Favorite music: Heavy Metal, Doom Metal, Thrash/speed metal, Black Metal, Black/Thrash, black/Death, Death/Thrash, Power metal, Grindcore, Old School Death Metal, Sludge Metal, Crust Punk, 80s Hardcore Punk,
Swedish hardcore punk, Punk, anarcho punk, Dark Ambient.

Books: The Book of Five Rings, various of books. Manga: Vagabond, Fist Of The North Stars, Rurouni Kenshin, Blade of the Immortal, TMNT.

TV shows/Movies: Sailor Moon, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Batman TOS, Superman TOS, Gundam Wing,
Mobile Suit Gundam, G Gundam, Ronin Warriors, Fist Of The North Stars, Samurai 7, Slayers.

Instrument: Mostly Electric Guitar but sometime Drums and Bass Guitar.

Do you like sports? NOPE (unless it's martial arts)

Family: 1 older Brother and 1 younger Sister, my mother and father.

Clothing: mostly wear black band t-shirts, Jeans, and black shoes. Also Leather bracelet (sometimes spikes) and ancient necklaces like Baphomet and Sun cross.

Job: Musician.

Plans for the future? Form a home studio, travel around the world.

Any comments? n/a

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 3:44 pm

Kenya wrote:
ReticentJaeger wrote:
Clothing: T-shirts and soccer shorts?jeans when it's cold, but I hate them.

Welcome to Wrong Planet and I totally understand. I've hated jeans my whole life. I just wear sweatpants. You ever tried sweatpants before? They're really comfortable.

Lol, I've been on WP for nine months, but thanks for the welcome, I guess.

I used to wear yoga pants years ago, if that counts. I don't think they're within my school's dress code. And I get hot easily.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 4:33 pm

ReticentJaeger wrote:
Kenya wrote:
ReticentJaeger wrote:
Clothing: T-shirts and soccer shorts?jeans when it's cold, but I hate them.

Welcome to Wrong Planet and I totally understand. I've hated jeans my whole life. I just wear sweatpants. You ever tried sweatpants before? They're really comfortable.

Lol, I've been on WP for nine months, but thanks for the welcome, I guess.

I used to wear yoga pants years ago, if that counts. I don't think they're within my school's dress code. And I get hot easily.

You're welcome. :) I'm pretty sure yoga pants do count. I've always considered them to be sweatpants exclusively for girls.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 12:42 am

oh, i remember my sweatpants phase :P i'd get them caught in the gears of my bike cause they were so loose and the lower parts would be torn to shreds.
had to roll them up or tighten them with a scrunchie.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MadeleineLovesTaylor
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm

What is your first name? Madeleine

Hobbies and Interests: listening to music, baking and creative writing

Why are you here? I have autism and thought it might be nice to talk with people who have it as well.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: TAYLOR SWIFT, modern country music!

Books: I love fanficions best!

TV shows/Movies: Once Upon a Time, Nashville, Heartland, Pretty Little Liars, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Disney movies and romance movies like The Notebook.

Instrument: I don't play one

Do you like sports? I'm not really that into it.

Family:

Clothing:

How did you find this website? I came across it when looking up something about autism.

Job:

Plans for the future? To meet Taylor Swift! lol! :D :D :D

Any comments? I love Taylor Swift and if you love her to then I would love to talk to you about her :)

Last edited by MadeleineLovesTaylor on 25 Nov 2014, 5:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 5:19 pm

MadeleineLovesTaylor wrote:
What is your first name? Madeleine

Hobbies and Interests: listening to music, baking and creative writing

Why are you here? I have autism and thought it might be nice to talk with people who have it as well.

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: TAYLOR SWIFT, modern country music!

Books: I love fanficions best!

TV shows/Movies: Once Upon a Time, Nashville, Heartland, Pretty Little Liars, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Disney movies and romance movies like The Notebook.

Instrument: I don't play one

Do you like sports? I'm not really that into it.

Family:

Clothing:

How did you find this website? I came across it when looking up something about autism.

Job:

Plans for the future? To meet Taylor Swift! lol! :D :D :D

Any comments? I love Taylor Swift and if you love her to then I would love to talk to you about her :)

Welcome to Wrong Planet. :) I can already see from your answers that we have similar interests. Creative writing, music, Once Upon A Time, and Disney movies among other things.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 3:31 am

What is your first name?
Matt, though 70% of the people in my life know me by my nickname of "Skibz", which I better identify with. And no, there's no real interesting story behind that.

26, born April 1, 1988. Same day as 'Beetlejuice' was released to theaters! ...relevant...?

Orange County, California. Where the sun lives.

Hobbies and Interests:
Music. Performing, writing, studying and listening to, far beyond a normal scope into pretty much being a borderline amateur musicologist.
Film. Watching, studying, working on, writing...my obsessions and expertise lie primarily with low-budget cult and exploitation films. I may have never seen 'Citizen Kane', but I've seen 'Bloodsucking Freaks' multiple times and that's far more culturally relevant.
I have a few other things here and there - baking, bowling, buying awful thrift store clothing - but those are the main two.

Why are you here?
I want to expand my AS network. I don't personally know anybody who has autism and I've alienated enough relationships with "normal" people.

High school. Maybe junior year?

Favorite subjects:
What? In school? I guess I liked...I dunno, English? At least there my overly long and rambly essays were tolerated.

Year/Grade:
What? What's going on? I don't understand.

Favorite music:
Jeez...if I had to narrow it down, my interests lie most heavily in progressive rock (all eras), ska (namely UK/EU, 1979-1992), punk (up until the '80s and largely the more experimental groups), post-punk, early New Wave and zydeco and New Orleans music. I play and work with a lot of punk and metal bands, and have been working on the prospect of starting bands paying tribute to pre-Beatlemania rock and roll and Spike Jones-era novelty songs.

Books:
It's hard for me to read an entire book. Even books I'm really into could take several months to finish. That's why I usually list H.P. Lovecraft as my favorite author, if not for the quality of his stories, simply for their brevity.

TV shows/Movies:
I'm not too big on TV...usually I just keep it on true crime shows as background noise. Movies...well. My youth, adolescence and adulthood was/is fueled entirely by low-budget B-movies, which sparked when I discovered movies like 'The Toxic Avenger' and 'Evil Dead' as a youth. I've studied the greats of films - from Kubrick to Kurasawa, Fellini to Godard - and yet I've still never seen a film as flawless as 'The Return of the Living Dead'.

Instrument:
Guitar and bass guitar, primarily. Ukulele and keyboards, secondly. Trombone and accordion on a lower tier.

Do you like sports?
I like bowling. Does Dungeons & Dragons count as a sport?

Family:
Yes, I have one.

Clothing:
Although I have my fair share of "normal" jeans and t-shirts, a good chunk of my wardrobe looks like Weird Al and The B-52s exploded inside a carnival. I adore loud, garish clothing and have a vast assortment of Hawaiian shirts, golf pants, plaid jackets, cheesy retro wear from the '50s-'70s, vintage novelty shirts ("Where's the Beef?"), etc., etc.. I don't get invited to parties all that often.

How did you find this website?
The Google.

Job:
I work part-time at a Barnes & Noble, which is an incredibly stress-free job and compliments my AS very well (alphabetizing! So much alphabetizing! :D ). I occasionally make a few bucks here and there by helping work on low-budget film productions.

Plans for the future?
Hopefully parlaying my interest in film and music into a sustainable career.

Any comments?
I'm not wearing any pants. :(

legendofhailey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2014, 1:46 pm

What's your first name?: Hailey Jo
Age: 13 years. (okay, this site let me in with my birthday so please don't say I'm supposedly too young for this site, that has happened to me on sites)
Hobbies and interests: I really like science, I don't like any type in particualar, but if there's a new scientific advancement I'd want to check it out and I really like reading any articles I can find on any type. I also love playing my violin, and writing stories to a certain extent.
Why are you here?: Well, I've been diagnosed with a few things, a few things taken down, ect but often times it is Aspergers or autism. Also because I'm a little bored.
When were you diagnosed: ADHD at seven, Aspergers at ten, Bipolar at nine. I probably don't have all three though.
Favorite Subjects: As for my classes I really like my algebra, science, spanish, and orchestra.
Year/grade: If I didn't understand the question this is going to sound dumb, but I'm in 8th grade.
Favorite music: I like a lot of music, but I'd have to say my favorites would be classic rock, alternative (any kind really), classical, and dubstep(I really like Lindsey Stirlings dubstep violin)
Books: My favorite books would be Lord of the Flies and The Giver. I've also really liked the Harry Potter series.
TV shows/movies: The only tv show I moderately like would be Adventure Time, although it gets me sad because my life is never that exciting. My favorite movie would be The Avengers (I saw the trailer for the second :D :D )
Instrument: Violin! I can also play a little guitar, but I'm not that good at it.
Do you like sports?: I like taekwondo quite a bit. I also used to play basketball and soccer, but not anymore.
Family: Well, I'm obviously not married, but I have an older brother.
Clothing: I just wear whatever is the first clothing item I look at in the morning, so that usually consists of jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
How did you find this website: Searching on google, it actually wasn't for a site like this, but it's a long story.
Job: I don't really have a "job" (too young) but every wednesday I go wash dishes at this place were I can receive five dollars per hour for it, yeah but not really a job.
Plans for the future?: I don't know, I want to go to college though. Hopefully something in science.
Any comments?: Have a nice day.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 6:59 pm

legendofhailey wrote:
What's your first name?: Hailey Jo
Age: 13 years. (okay, this site let me in with my birthday so please don't say I'm supposedly too young for this site, that has happened to me on sites)
Hobbies and interests: I really like science, I don't like any type in particualar, but if there's a new scientific advancement I'd want to check it out and I really like reading any articles I can find on any type. I also love playing my violin, and writing stories to a certain extent.
Why are you here?: Well, I've been diagnosed with a few things, a few things taken down, ect but often times it is Aspergers or autism. Also because I'm a little bored.
When were you diagnosed: ADHD at seven, Aspergers at ten, Bipolar at nine. I probably don't have all three though.
Favorite Subjects: As for my classes I really like my algebra, science, spanish, and orchestra.
Year/grade: If I didn't understand the question this is going to sound dumb, but I'm in 8th grade.
Favorite music: I like a lot of music, but I'd have to say my favorites would be classic rock, alternative (any kind really), classical, and dubstep(I really like Lindsey Stirlings dubstep violin)
Books: My favorite books would be Lord of the Flies and The Giver. I've also really liked the Harry Potter series.
TV shows/movies: The only tv show I moderately like would be Adventure Time, although it gets me sad because my life is never that exciting. My favorite movie would be The Avengers (I saw the trailer for the second :D :D )
Instrument: Violin! I can also play a little guitar, but I'm not that good at it.
Do you like sports?: I like taekwondo quite a bit. I also used to play basketball and soccer, but not anymore.
Family: Well, I'm obviously not married, but I have an older brother.
Clothing: I just wear whatever is the first clothing item I look at in the morning, so that usually consists of jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
How did you find this website: Searching on google, it actually wasn't for a site like this, but it's a long story.
Job: I don't really have a "job" (too young) but every wednesday I go wash dishes at this place were I can receive five dollars per hour for it, yeah but not really a job.
Plans for the future?: I don't know, I want to go to college though. Hopefully something in science.
Any comments?: Have a nice day.

Welcome to Wrong Planet. I see you like classic rock. What sort of bands are you interested in? Also I saw the Age Of Ultron trailer too. It. Was. AWESOME!! !! !! !! :D Soo psyched for it to come out next year.

Cuthbertsmum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Nov 2014, 8:19 am

What is your first name? Vicky

Hobbies and Interests: My pets

Why are you here? To meet other people in the same situation and learn all I can

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): November 2014

Do you like sports? horse related ones

Family: I live with hubby

How did you find this website? It was mentioned in my diagnosis report

Job: N/A

Hewhothinks
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2014, 10:05 pm

What is your first name? Alex

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, Movies, T.V, Internet, Books

Why are you here? Have Aspergers. Maybe befriend others like me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last year

Favorite subjects: Psychology, Biology, History

Year/Grade: 11th

Favorite music: Anything that sounds good

Books: Lord of the Flies, Alice in Wonderland, Hitchhiker's Guide, Slaughterhouse Five

TV shows/Movies: Breaking Bad, Attack on Titan, Futurama/Terminator 2, Forrest Gump, Big Lebowski, Dark Knight

Instrument: Nope

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Absolutely not

Family: Mother, Father and Sister.

Clothing: Jeans and T-Shirt. Very Plain

Job: Nope

Plans for the future? Get a Degree in Psychology and get some sort of job with it

Any comments? o_________o whaleface

purplemountainfarm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2014, 9:20 am

What is your first name? Steve

Hobbies and Interests: serious gardening, writing and reading (fiction + non-fiction), politics

Why are you here? Finally found a site for people like me.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self-diagnosed when wife who is a special education teacher brought home a text on "disorders" such as Asperger's and said, "This is you." I read it and, yes, it was me: classic Asperger's. After 62 years finally understand why I am so "weird"-- intellectually brilliant but socially dysfunctional.

Favorite subjects: gardening, history, politics, languages

Year/Grade: Ph.D.

Favorite music: light classical and brass band

Books: almost any historical fiction, most science and fantasy fiction, gardening

TV shows/Movies: No TV. Movies: Schindler's List, Enemy at the Gates, The Bucket List, The Ultimate Gift, Dad

Instrument: the Scrabble board :)

Do you like sports? Not competitive

Family: married; adult children, grandchildren

Clothing: work attire (Dickies, Carharrt, etc.)

How did you find this website? Through Wikipedia article on Asperger's

Job: various; college teacher, farmer, writer

Plans for the future? Live until I quit breathing

Any comments? Strongly suspect my father was Asperger's also, possibly a son too. Glad to know there is a rational reason we are the way we are--not just socially dysfunctional.