Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:01 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
I know what you are saying, but what you want/need isn't given freely. My advice (to young men in general on this forum) is simply to talk to women in all daily situations - maybe something relevant about the particular situation (at school, the workplace etc, the gym, the library etc). Learn how to initiate conversations; use open questions requiring more than yes/no replies, learn how to feel comfortable and relaxed in these situations. It may be difficult at first and you may get some awkward gaps of silence, but it gets easier and before you know it you'll be chatting away with women all the time with no expectations of anything more than just passing a little time... then something may click one day and you will find yourself on a date or simply going some place together - not a date as such, just going to a bookshop together or some other trivial errand. And so on. If the magic happens it happens. Then love will be offered to you... along with food and water at her home :lol:

I, myself, have tried that, only to be ignored when I did. Even if I make small talk, nothing happens. It's as if I don't even exist.

Believe it or not, girls have come to me looking for love. I pretty much slammed the doors in their faces, because I don't want leeches sucking me dry. There was even a time when a really ugly, obese girl was stalking me over Facebook. She still does, via numerous accounts. I have come to the conclusion that it's pointless to even try. I have nothing to offer, even in the totality of existence. I have no purpose but to wait for death.

I'm sure in your head the second sentence follows sensibly on from the first. It doesn't on the page. What context is there that they might make sense? Is it literal - were all these girls into some 'alternative healing' thing that involved leeches?

Speaking of things that suck - your attitude.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:04 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
Humans are grotesque, and insignificant in the nonexistent "grand scheme of things". I am grotesque and insignificant as well.

If that is how you feel about yourself, this is how you will project yourself to others. Who in their right mind would want anything to do with someone who is "grotesque and insignificant"?

Giftorcurse wrote:
I pretty much slammed the doors in their faces, because I don't want leeches sucking me dry.

You must give everyone a really negative impression... but you somehow expect women to want to date you? Or do you? You say you hate women but want women?

Until/unless you sort out your own serious issues you don't stand a hope in hell of forming a loving relationship with someone.

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:05 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
It's obvious really. There's no point to anything. Not even living.

Well, so far, you're not a freak. Regretfully, there are many with your same feelings. Do you remember a time or event at which your impressions became obvious?

Last edited by SoftwareEngineer on 29 May 2014, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:05 pm

^At least I'm honest in my nihilism. It's better to accept nothingness than believe in a false ideal.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:16 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
^At least I'm honest in my nihilism. It's better to accept nothingness than believe in a false ideal.

I don't believe in a false ideal. I did my stint as a nihilist. I followed it through to the end.

You haven't accepted nothingness. You have accepted anger, bitterness, hate, disappointment, resentment. That is not 'nothingness'.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

hyena
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2014, 4:21 pm

Yes I feel entitled. My fault is entirely my own. I get hit on by females I like and I do not show interest even though I like them. I am completely clueless as to how to court a female. That part of my brain does not function. I hope that I will find a female who is willing to interact with me at an analytic level. That might work. Given that my natural instincts on mating are defective I think if both partners agreed to think of the issue analytically we might make it work. The motivation is natural desire for copulation. Then in order to satisfy this desire two partners could speak about this honestly and ask each other questions like: can I hug you? They can determine issues important to them and then discuss them analytically. Facial expressions not required :) Of course I think only an aspie would be willing to engage in this with me. I think I can make a decent mate though, I can be really nice to people whom I know well and like. In the mean time I might try to just find sex partners but I am unwilling to post my photo online for privacy reasons (i.e. in a mating website), and my looks are my biggest asset on this lol I honestly have not really tried to find a partner or shown interest in women that showed interest in me (even though I like them). It?s a nightmare and I hope it ends. I want a mate period. I am tired of waiting! HERE AND NOW! HERE AND NOW! Lol just kidding, relax. But seriously, I think a life without a mate is worthless.
As to why I feel entitled. I believe it is in my genes. You have two primates. One feels entitled to a mate and tries to mate by any means, while the other does not feel entitled and is willing to forgo mating. Which one do you think will pass on his genes? Which one do you think was your ancestor? Natural selection has equipped us with a very strong desire to mate and we need not feel bad about it.

Last edited by hyena on 29 May 2014, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:29 pm

SoftwareEngineer wrote:
Giftorcurse wrote:

Well, so far, you're not a freak. Regretfully, there are many with your same feelings. Do you remember a time or event at which your impressions became obvious?

The four years I was in high school pretty much destroyed my naïve faith that humans had an inkling of goodness. They don't.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2014, 4:30 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
When I was growing up, I always assumed I would find someone special to share my life with. This was probably the result of societal conditioning rather than something I came up with myself. There are certainly a lot of examples of this "norm" in media and religion.
I have come to learn that finding such a person is the exception rather than the rule.
My question is to both men and women: do you feel that you are entitled to a partner and, if so, who or what is to blame for your lack of one?
I don't feel entitled to a man. Sometimes I feel lonely, but I don't feel anger towards men in general. So, if you are reading this and are angry because of your lack of a partner, could you explain where the anger comes from.
There seems to be a lot of strife lately in this forum with regard to gender issues. I don't understand why.

I think it is half sexual frustration (of a sort that doesn't fit easily with rationality, and thus can lead to feeding into irrational sources of entitlement society may give you) - more for those who are younger - and half... a general assumption that you are somehow deficient if you are single. The second one cuts across both genders and gets worse as you get older - family members with little sense of aspergers often won't accept your single status with good grace, and will make it down as a point of personal failure.

But yeah... it is the exception rather than the rule. I kind of wish I hadn't spent my childhood with my religious parents who regards marriage as the most important thing in anyone's life and who continue to assume I'm only single because of some kind of social deviancy.

A lot of blame is placed at feminism here by certain members. I actually think a more important shift in terms of dating/marriage patterns has been the decline in religiosity. With Christianity losing its cultural cachet, women feel less required to get married for social and economic reasons, and many member who previously would've been married due to the blunt facts of what society wanted (and gave them) - or indeed what families would arrange, as still applies in many religious cultures - these days have to do a lot more to have a basic sexual relationship (because most such relationships then saw mutual companionship as the exception). As a society we're in a more competitive, more natural environment when mating comes than we have been since Antinquity, perhaps before. The problem, the major disconnect, is that as well as the trend before, ever since the 19th century there has also been a corresponding shift towards romanticism - marital relationships based on idealised love, rather than being necessarily sensual or friendship based - there has to be some kind of unique bond etc. This kind of fits in awkwardly with where other trends went in society. So in some ways it is not surprising, given the generation gaps with these things, and the confusing messages society gives that autists - people let us say somewhat inclined to being gullible - are likely to buy it.

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:42 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
SoftwareEngineer wrote:
Giftorcurse wrote:

The four years I was in high school pretty much destroyed my naïve faith that humans had an inkling of goodness. They don't.

Were you diagnosed before or during high school? And, did the poor treatment you received sound similar to or different from treatment other autistics describe? That is, do you feel that your personal experience is unique and isolated?

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:44 pm

^Who are you, a reporter? You ask pretty open ended questions.

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 4:58 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
^Who are you, a reporter? You ask pretty open ended questions.

I'm prompting you to think for yourself, as opposed to me planting thoughts or seeding conclusions. From what I can see, you've probably have plenty of assertions from others.

Post edit: You've been getting a lot of opposition, which is easy to reflect off of. I'm not approaching you appositionally, which may be a disorienting shift.

Keep in mind, when someone gives you something to reflect off of, they are in control of the angle of reflection. I think you might have been bounced around a bit via that angle. So, I'm purposely not trying to reflect.

Last edited by SoftwareEngineer on 29 May 2014, 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 5:00 pm

Klowglas wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Klowglas wrote:
Love is not taken, no, but it IS demanded just as much as you demand water or food, because that is what your humanity requires for a good and worthwhile life.

You cannot "demand" love from another individual no more than you could go uninvited into their home and demand the food and water off their table.

I can demand it but I can't take it. I want it, but they're under no obligation to give it. But the point is a human demands it because it is very much needed. They're entitled to love because it was purchased with their humanity, and a human needs it in order to feel 'full' on his spiritual side.

Nope.

I'm asexual, aromantic, and an atheist.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 5:13 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
When I was growing up, I always assumed I would find someone special to share my life with. This was probably the result of societal conditioning rather than something I came up with myself. There are certainly a lot of examples of this "norm" in media and religion.
I have come to learn that finding such a person is the exception rather than the rule.
My question is to both men and women: do you feel that you are entitled to a partner and, if so, who or what is to blame for your lack of one?
I don't feel entitled to a man. Sometimes I feel lonely, but I don't feel anger towards men in general. So, if you are reading this and are angry because of your lack of a partner, could you explain where the anger comes from.
There seems to be a lot of strife lately in this forum with regard to gender issues. I don't understand why.

I think it is half sexual frustration (of a sort that doesn't fit easily with rationality, and thus can lead to feeding into irrational sources of entitlement society may give you) - more for those who are younger - and half... a general assumption that you are somehow deficient if you are single. The second one cuts across both genders and gets worse as you get older - family members with little sense of aspergers often won't accept your single status with good grace, and will make it down as a point of personal failure.

Honestly, at some point you have to just lay it down to to them and let them know their role is to deal and shut up, because it's not their life, and they're doing you no favors. Plenty of NTs don't marry or get into longterm relationships, either. This may sound weird, but I think one of the healthiest things that's come out of my being a single mom is that my daughter doesn't seem to have a head full of fantasies about who she'll marry. She doesn't talk about it, and as far as I can see, it's not a thing. Now and then, in her picture of the future, there's a husband in there, but he sounds highly theoretical and has mostly to do with the fact of children -- she sees that it's a hard row being a single mom, and she doesn't want to struggle like I do, so she posits a nice responsible guy with a good job. She's also grown up in the midst of the gay-marriage movement, and her main astonishment about that is that it hadn't been legal in the first place -- and she doesn't get why you shouldn't be able to marry as many people as you like, if you're all cool with it. She's got a lot of friends, and my guess is that if she winds up with a dude (or woman) who treats her badly, she'll be disinclined to hang on -- you know, there's not some dream wedding beckoning, telling her to just try harder.

The funny thing is that single moms get this shame-thing all the time: But how will your kids see a good model of a marriage? As though, if they don't grow up living in a two-parent (hetero) household, they'll be scarred and unfit for adult life.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 5:32 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
When I was growing up, I always assumed I would find someone special to share my life with.

I never thought of it as "someone special" but when I was a child, throughout elementary school, I just assumed getting married what was everyone did. So I looked at the boys in my class and tried to imagine living with them. I couldn't imagine any other place to meet my coming husband.

Ann2011 wrote:

I never had anything but superficial interest in guys and I have never been romantic at all. I'm asexual but not aromantic, seeing as I can feel infatuation, but I'm not looking for a relationship and I never did. If I ever meet someone who will change my mind about that, that's fine, and if I don't that's fine too and as expected. It's not something that's on my mind other than when I see threads like this on the front page.
I like being free, and getting used to someone else's stuff sounds like a nightmare.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 7:08 pm

Klowglas wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
Klowglas wrote:
I am entitled to love because I am human, and because it's what my humanity demands and needs, without it my existence wouldn't have any value; I would be nothing.

So, who is responsible for providing you with this entitlement?

Humanity, they're the ones that brought me here in the first place, surely they have need for me somewhere.

Which human? Who should be providing this need for romantic love? What if they don't like you? Does their right to not be in a relationship with you count for nothing?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 7:09 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
I know what you are saying, but what you want/need isn't given freely. My advice (to young men in general on this forum) is simply to talk to women in all daily situations - maybe something relevant about the particular situation (at school, the workplace etc, the gym, the library etc). Learn how to initiate conversations; use open questions requiring more than yes/no replies, learn how to feel comfortable and relaxed in these situations. It may be difficult at first and you may get some awkward gaps of silence, but it gets easier and before you know it you'll be chatting away with women all the time with no expectations of anything more than just passing a little time... then something may click one day and you will find yourself on a date or simply going some place together - not a date as such, just going to a bookshop together or some other trivial errand. And so on. If the magic happens it happens. Then love will be offered to you... along with food and water at her home :lol:

I, myself, have tried that, only to be ignored when I did. Even if I make small talk, nothing happens. It's as if I don't even exist.

Believe it or not, girls have come to me looking for love. I pretty much slammed the doors in their faces, because I don't want leeches sucking me dry. There was even a time when a really ugly, obese girl was stalking me over Facebook. She still does, via numerous accounts. I have come to the conclusion that it's pointless to even try. I have nothing to offer, even in the totality of existence. I have no purpose but to wait for death.

You're overweight yourself; I've seen your picture.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I