Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

23 Feb 2007, 4:46 pm

Anyone see this movie yet? It was actually good. I never read the book but I saw it last night with my bf and his son and they both thought it was boring but I enjoyed it. I didn't want to see it because the reviews didn't appeal to me but when I saw the movie I enoyed it. But the ending does turn into a sad movie and I cried.

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 5:34 pm

likedcalico wrote:
But the ending does turn into a sad movie and I cried.

I know, it ruined half of the movie just as it was getting reeaally good. Then they killed her. :cry: Now I'm starting 2 get paraniod of Disney movies now 8O.

I also posted something about this movie:
http://wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name ... ic&t=25940

23 Feb 2007, 6:21 pm

The movie was based on the book and she died in the story so they had to kill her off unless they wanted to change the story like they always do with movies that were based on books.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 7:30 pm

I watched The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. It was cool in the first scene because it was during the blitz of London in WWII. Then it got progressively lamer.

Is this movie less lame than the first?

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2007, 9:21 pm

I've read the book, but i don't know if i want to see the movie. I loved the book and I've seen a different movie version of it (can't remember what), which i very much enjoyed. but with all the fantasy in this new movie (seen from the trailers), i don't know if i want to see it.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 9:23 pm

Oops, wrong series.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 3:24 am

It was very good and accurate to the book. I'm glad Disney decided to keep the ending they had in the book, as it would have been pointless otherwise. There was of course more of the magic of Terabithia in the movie, but I think that made it better. It was well done. I was worried it wasn't going to be like the book.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 4:56 pm

I want to see this movie so badly. I'm wary of adaptations because we've seen them done badly. To do an adaptation is very risky business indeed.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 4:11 am

OH!

they kept the ending. THANK GOD FOR SMALL THINGS!.

sorry for large scale rant. I disprove of a remake.

anyone see the original?

they practically had sexual tension the first time they met. I'm surprised they didn't actually go at it.

But I wanna see the movie now, knowing that she dies. hehee.

sorry. I'ma bit morbid.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 8:51 pm

I didn't like the book very much as a kid, so not sure if I want to see the movie.

Chalula88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2007, 6:08 pm

I enjoyed the movie, but having not read the book I thought the marketing was a bit of a stretch. I expected a fantasy movie, but instead got a movie about a lonely boy who's best friend dies. I still really really liked the movie, but I was really confused when I figured out that the movie wasn't a fantasy, but just the story of a boy with an overactive imagination.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 1:05 am

I really want to see it. I'll probably get around to it this weekend, unless my mom and I end up going to Ohio for a cat transport.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 7:24 pm

Yay, I got to see it today! Mom and I were, like, the only ones in the theater, too! It was a great movie.

*****SPOILER*****
I was hoping it would show Leslie get killed off, though... :(
*****END SPOILER*****

I wish it was a little longer though. It ended just as quickly as it had began.

nyecko
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Mar 2007, 6:00 pm

It WAS sad! I didn't LIIIIKE it! I thought it was going to be a happy movie! BAD DISNEY! I hate you! Go away mean peoples! Wait.. NVM, Leslie's the name of my enimies mother. I LIIIIKE IT!

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2007, 8:05 pm

I'll rent the DVD. I'm not terribly excited but I like sad movies and I like fantasy, even though I know there isn't any "actual" fantasy in the movie so much as just the kids' imaginations.

You may want to add SPOILER ALERT to the title of this thread considering practically everybody mentions that Leslie dies in their posts.