Eligible Odd-Bods : USA, West Coast

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 3:42 pm

I thought to try and help making the Eligible Odd-Bod concept more useful by creating a link for US West Coast members to post their self ads and look through, as per spongy's suggestion in the original Odd-Bods thread. Also, I figured that if I don't do it now, I may forget to later and it seems something good to get started, and perhaps other members will make threads for their regions instead of simply voicing that the original thread is pointless despite many past suggestions to make threads based on user region just like this one.

Basically the concept is the same as the original thread, but to post your self bio here if you wish to look to date, and reside in the states of California, Oregon, or Washington. This thread is of the idea to reduce the sheer volume of location based misses in reading through pages of members nowhere close to home for those on the West Coast of the USA. I suppose if you're fine with long distance, you could look for other members who are open to such in this thread or any other region threads that end up being created as well.

One problem I saw in the original Odd-Bods thread was people forgetting/neglecting to mention a semi-specific location(the county you reside in could be good if you don't feel comfortable stating your specific city) or not giving an age, and not having such information viewable in their WP profile. If that's for privacy reasons, that's understandable, but should also be understandable that saying you live in one of the states above means very little when it comes to travel time in such a large country, and there's nothing to be ashamed of in one's age... but it's often a rather important number to people when it comes to choosing a potential partner and may present a big reason for lack of responses. Just as an example, I typically assume anyone without a shown birth date is either under adult age, or over age fifty.

My understanding is that region based dating threads like this will be linked within a sticky thread for browsing convenience. So posting here instead of in the original Odd-Bod thread won't make the ad disappear from the view of searching eyes even if it sinks past the immediate page of topics.

Lastly, it might be kind to make a follow up post if you end up finding someone, and mention that you're no longer available.

FunkMasterMike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2014, 7:39 pm

Hello, I'm Mike :D

High-functioning, Bipolar (properly medicated; Depakote) <--- just letting you know I'm not a medicated "zombie"
27, M, Valencia, CA, USA. 5' 7", 175-180 lbs

Picture 1
Picture 2

Full-time Student, Major: Science
Interests: Learning, science, fitness, healthy eating, reading, geeky stuff, intelligent conversations, good times :D
Fun Facts: I am a super hard worker, served in the Army, and I used to weigh 260 lbs. <--picture

I'm pretty laid back. It takes a lot for me to get angry. I tend to look at what I have versus what I don't have. I accept things for what they are. I love to laugh. :)
I need a woman who is direct, doesn't want kids,and one who preferably needs to release a lot of "energy." :lol: :heart:

(sorry for double post, didn't see the West-coast USA thread...woot!)

ARampaginWalrus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2014, 2:51 pm

My name's Chandler Patey, I'm an 18y/o high functioning (mostly), with chronic migraines and PTSD because of them.
6'3" 157lbs, I used to be 184 but I've stopped working out since I started college.

I'm lucky to be considered attractive, but I've only ever met two girls in my life that were smart enough for me to date, and I went full autism on one of them, ruining any chance I could have had. Even though I managed to go out with the second one, it was before I knew I had PTSD from the migraines, so I had no explanation for random emotional breakdowns that depressed her. Which I'm in the process of fixing; I used to be worse off, I had a metric fuck-ton of problems that I've fixed. Only a matter of time before I get to all of them.

I'm a full time student majoring in Psychology and Biology at Portland State University. I'm obsessed with meta-cognition, introspection, and empathizing, and find comfort in understanding the reality of how my brain makes sense of information. I'm basically incapable of smalltalk, mostly because there's always something cooler to think about. I have irrational grandiose delusions that I'm going to incite a revolution that'll propel humanity into the next stage of social evolution; allowing us to overcome systems of law, order, and economics that are preventing us from progressing both socially and technologically. I've decided to never stop believing in this, even though it's basically impossible.

Overall, I'm an as*hole with an inflated ego that I struggle to maintain; or at least that's what everybody else sees. I see it like this: I think about how to do everything better than I already can, doubting every thought I'm exposed to in my indefinite pursuit of objective truth; I have a deep love of the universe and everything in it, and consider dishonesty the greatest affront to a persons sentience ? especially when being dishonest with oneself.

I'm interested in a smart (most important thing) and athletic woman; bonus points if tall. Has to be aware of cognitive biases and comfortable with confronting them on a regular basis, otherwise you'll hate me for so highly valuing truth.

Desiderata1189
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2014, 2:45 pm

My names Rio, I'm a 24 yr old female
I live in Lancaster, CA
A little bit about myself, I'm down to earth, I love to laugh and I'm really into
hardcore, post hardcore, metalcore and any other kind of screamy emo music
others hate :P
I'm just looking for someone to chat with.
My Okcupid is desiderata1189

Desiderata1189
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2014, 2:46 pm

My names Rio, I'm a 24 yr old female
I live in Lancaster, CA
A little bit about myself, I'm down to earth, I love to laugh and I'm really into
hardcore, post hardcore, metalcore and any other kind of screamy emo music
others hate :P
I'm just looking for someone to chat with.
My Okcupid is desiderata1189

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm

Hello from Douglas County, Oregon. I turn fifty-four years old this month. I am best known for my performance art and original music, but I have many interests especially science, history and comparative mythology. Politically I am centrist but definitely towards the left side. Spiritually I favor Taoism and Zen Buddhism. Anyone interested can learn a lot about me by typing "The Bicycling Guitarist" into any search engine. That has been my stage name since the early 1980s and I have had a strong internet presence by that name since the mid-1990s.

On okcupid I am "TheBikeGuitarist" because they did not allow me enough characters in the user name. TheBikeGuitarist is also my usual nick in the irc #wrongplanet chat room for the same reason, but in real life I am and will continue to be "The Bicycling Guitarist." The following YouTube clip was filmed in January 2013 of a song I wrote in 1994 about longing for love. And this Early Morning Hours hyperlink goes to the lyrics page on my website.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1gvOjl9RGc[/youtube]

I have many more newer songs and am playing and singing much better than anything yet recorded or posted anywhere. I hope to be filmed again soon so I will have more videos to share, but the subject of this particular song is most definitely relevant to the subject of this thread.

Vertex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jul 2014, 10:32 pm

It's been almost a year since I posted my first E.O.B profile. I feel like I've come full circle. :p

Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Ocupation: Er... can I get back you on that?
Physical: 6'8 (No, I don't play basketball! Stop asking!)
Music: Mostly Metal, and Alt. Rock, but my tastes are varied
Interests: Sci Fi, comics, gaming, reading, writing, and watching Netflix
Personality: I'm pretty shy, not easily offended, and I attempt to be funny.
Also, I'm very accepting of different points of view, and I try to understand people better
Religion: Agnostic
Looking for: A kind, somewhat attractive girl of similar age to me, who either lives nearby, or is willing to engage in a long distance relationship.

Friendship is also nice. :)

That world will cease to be

- Miraak's Mantra

mel113
Raven
Raven

28 Sep 2014, 11:48 pm

interests: History, Anthropology, Biology, Botany
I'm not looking for anything serious. I just got out of a 5 year relationship and i just want to chill and figure myself out. In the mean time, friendship and flirting is fun.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 12:48 pm

Name:Tony
Sex: male
orientation: heterosexual
Diagnosed with: Aspergers ADHD and PTSD
Interests: Geology, Linguistics, cars, Anime
Chinese zodiac: Dog
Zodiac: Libra
Personality:Hyperactive and extremely random but also very affectionate. *extremely shy in person but warms up quickly*
Favorite music: Alternative, rock, metal, trance, jtrance, and jrock

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 1:01 am

lots of california people, :(

male
Oregon, Willamette valley.

michiro
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2014, 2:47 am

Name: Jacob
Sex: male
orientation: pansexual
Diagnosed with: Autism, later with Aspergers
Interests: anything magical, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Order of the Golden Dawn. and a host og personally channeled religions
Chinese zodiac: Pig, eat em all, not too serious about it.
Zodiac: Aries
Personality: Sweet as sugar with equally sweet guy. Loves hugs and kisses and love to fall asleep in the arms of sweet and loving man.
Favorite music: A little of everything except rap or otherwise degrading types of music. I love Hindi, Mexican, country and and bit of ran don bands beyonf thbese.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2014, 12:08 am

Don't have anything to lose posting here.

Name: Franki (PM for real name)
Sex: Male
Orientation: hetrosexual (but pretty open ended)
Interests: Reading, writing, gaming, just thinking about random things that strike interest. Im a history major, but I am fascinated but all studies of science as well. I'm pretty big into fantasy and sci-fi stories.
Personality: Giving and wanting little in return. Shy, but I am someone who likes to talk, but more than that I like to listen. I'm not argumentative, but I do like a good debate if you can put up one. I'm lenient, and use both pot and alcohol.
Music: I at least have one song from most genres in the world that I like.
Looking for: Someone who has random cool things to talk about on a regular basis, likes to: play video games, draw, read, write, or go on nature expeditions in free time.

TiredOfBeingHuman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Nov 2014, 3:12 am

I'm a 25 year old, guitar playing, tattooed aspie. I'm 6'4 and skinny. Caucasian and high functioning. I'm just looking to see if there's anyone out there interested in wanting to get to know each other. I'm laid back, responsible, drug and disease free. Call me nerdy if you want, it's basically true. I'm a big fan of movies and music. Especially scifi movies and metal/grunge music.

RickyRaccoon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Dec 2014, 11:26 pm

I think Colorado would count as West Coast....

Not sure what all I should include in this post, so I guess here are a few things, and if there is any interest or questions, PM me.

I'm 24. A heterosexual female. 5 ft exactly, 110 lbs. Long brown hair. No contacts or glasses.
I love where I live and my job, so I'm not willing to relocate, but could still be interested in talking to someone who's geographically distant. I'm not good at talking sexy and am uncomfortable with sending sexy pics, so if that is what you're looking for rather than honest conversation I'm not the kind of person you want to talk to. I don't smoke, but I appreciate brews and can hold my liquor. I have a few tattoos. I wouldn't necessarily call myself athletic, but I'm active---hiking, swimming, beginner rock climbing. Also, I'm not a huge sports fan, but can enjoy a sport if someone else is into it.

What I'm looking for: my best friend---I'm very asocial as well as a romantic, so I'd like for it to be this person and me against the world; someone to go on adventures with---whether it's a hike or a road trip; to talk for hours about music (I love all kinds of music and learning about new types of music) and art of all kinds (I personally love street art.); someone who is very open minded (my [kind of makeshift] faith is very important to me; I don't expect for this someone to have the same beliefs as me, but open mindedness is a must.) Someone who is very empathetic and compassionate.

Um, thanks.

tromboneking
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Dec 2014, 12:56 am

I'm a man/guy/big boy :lol:

I'm in Colorado- Northern area. Send a personal message if you want to know more about specific location and pictures. I'm 21, but many people my age irritate me with their lack of logic, laziness, and short-sightedness (or maybe I'm just overly fixated on long-run outcomes)- I often feel like I'm 5-10 years older than I really am (but perhaps I'm just an egotistical as*hole :roll: )

I major in jazz trombone performance, but have a deep passion for most music. I also have a seasonal job working at a group home for the developmentally disabled, and I like my job a lot (most of the time). I'm thinking about working on getting a certificate in working with this community over the summer.

As far as love and dating go, I'm at an odd spot. I've never really been in a serious relationship (I've dated some women in high school, but they never lasted very long). I also have a longing to find someone or a group of people that I can relate to on a very deep, spiritual level. I often lose myself in deeply emotive rock music thinking of what it would be like to hold and be held, together as a single being... (maybe that sounds a bit weird or cliche).

... It isn't necessarily like having a bad itch to get a girlfriend. I want friendships that are more reciprocal (I give my own and they give theirs). I've distanced myself from many of my current friends, too, because I felt like many of them were making irresponsible decisions with drama, partying, and drugs (which I understand is normal for my age, but I feel inspired to be different nonetheless).

Enough of this though. Just send me a message if you want to know more. I'm straight but I don't care who messages me. I used to have an OkCupid, but I still have a Zoosk page for kicks and giggles (no full subscription though).

You can look at my senior picture, I guess. I haven't changed too much from that, even if it has been more than 3 years... https://www.zoosk.com/personals/datecar ... 9c57/about (username is aidthetrom)

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2015, 3:34 am

Ok, because I badly need the love...

Name: Christian
Where?: Fairfield, CA (halfway between San Francisco and Sacramento)
Interests: Well toy collecting, making friends everywhere, Social networking, talking to others, reading online articles, playing video games, watching toku shows and Disney Channel shows (Only a select few- Jessie, Girl Meets World and Austin and Ally)
How big?: 180 lbs.
Race: Filipino

As far as my life goes, I have been grounded on Fairfield ever since my family got here (Yes I still live with family), and sadly the only friends I have are in the Church, and even then I wish for more friends in my place, but most of my friends were outside Fairfield, most of them from Sacramento, San Francisco and San Jose, and other states. The sad part is I never get to hang out with them personally, and it's getting tiring with being stuck on one place. If I have to go outside Fiarfield, it'll be with a friend who drives. (Note: I don't drive)

Not to mention being single is eating me up and a cause of getting depressed, and also no job in the place too. I feel I want to give up and call it a day, unless a girl would love me for me and help me get up again from ground of depression...

SO looking for girls my age, single, preferably white (Not out of racist reasons, but because it's a case of reversing the stereotype that Filipina girls get whites for boyfriends and/or husbands, so I wanted to do the opposite. no offense), and open-minded. the last one I befriended for a short time was open-minded, even on sex. Too bad she never paid me back for something she owed me and ran away... (it was $167)

For the record, I'm the most loyal, kind, friendly, helpful person you'll meet. just don't betray me or it'll hurt so much...

I'm not really good at pictures, so hope these help!