Article about AS wedding in New York Times .

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 6:38 am

A ways back , I read an article in the New York Times about an AS wedding , between an AS male and a NT female , I think .
(It's possible that the male was not one of " us " , but developmentally disabled another way ~ Maybe . Also , that the female was AS , not NT .)
It was in an obscure section of the Sunday New York Times , and appeared quite some time ago , during the 00s .
The Sunday NYT has a column called " Vows " , which covers a wedding in detail every week .
It's generally not about a celebrity's wedding ~ It's kind of a " human interest " column .
This particular piece I remember concerned an AS male marrying a female ~ The thing is , IIRC , the article never quite spelled out precisely that the man was " one of us " , but the way the article was written you could read between the lines that they were saying that the male was AS , it was hinted ~ Perhaps this was old-style newspaper " discretion "" /not revealing such things " . It was saying it between the lines , just to repeat myself ! :P
I tried searching the Time for " Vows column " , but looking through 11 pages of results didn't find anything that looked like that piece ~ I kind of think the wedding/people covered may have been in the state of Pennsylvania , or otherwise in the " Mid-Atlantic Corridor " states of the USA .
Could somebody with more Web time readily/and on a good computer/and with more Web searches savvy that I (Which is about :cry: everybody) try to solve this , please ?

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:08 am

Why would anyone read the paper? If you read it carefully, they're really just editorials in disguise.

FYI I am dyslexic. It takes me a while to read a whole article.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:25 am

...Thank you , Rush .
As it happens , any place will have its biases/leanings , you just have to take thse into account , and look around some...Or , do you mean newspapers in general , and not just the Times ?
As it happens , I am speaking of an apolitical article , a story about a wedding ~ So , maybe you can dis Hilary and call for a Bengazi investigation right about now , before you advertise investing in silver nuggets :P ?

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:40 am

I did not see the piece you are describing, unless it is this one, which I bookmarked:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/26/us/na ... d=all&_r=0

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2014, 7:40 am

ASS-P wrote:
A ways back , I read an article in the New York Times about an AS wedding , between an AS male and a NT female , I think .
(It's possible that the male was not one of " us " , but developmentally disabled another way ~ Maybe . Also , that the female was AS , not NT .)
It was in an obscure section of the Sunday New York Times , and appeared quite some time ago , during the 00s .
The Sunday NYT has a column called " Vows " , which covers a wedding in detail every week .
It's generally not about a celebrity's wedding ~ It's kind of a " human interest " column .
This particular piece I remember concerned an AS male marrying a female ~ The thing is , IIRC , the article never quite spelled out precisely that the man was " one of us " , but the way the article was written you could read between the lines that they were saying that the male was AS , it was hinted ~ Perhaps this was old-style newspaper " discretion "" /not revealing such things " . It was saying it between the lines , just to repeat myself ! :P
I tried searching the Time for " Vows column " , but looking through 11 pages of results didn't find anything that looked like that piece ~ I kind of think the wedding/people covered may have been in the state of Pennsylvania , or otherwise in the " Mid-Atlantic Corridor " states of the USA .
Could somebody with more Web time readily/and on a good computer/and with more Web searches savvy that I (Which is about :cry: everybody) try to solve this , please ?
Do you recall any specific or rough wording of the article? That would be a good place to start, google that wording. Maybe someone's posted a copy to a different site.

BeggingTurtle wrote:
Why would anyone read the paper?
What kind of question is that? :lol:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:56 am

...Thank you , but that's not it .
It was longer ago than that , before 2010 , and in that " Vows " column .
It may have referred to the groom " volunteering " , as far as turns of phrase went .

s back , I read an article in the New York Times about an AS wedding , between an AS male and a NT female , I think .
Could somebody with more Web time readily/and on a good computer/and with more Web searches savvy that I (Which is about :cry: everybody) try to solve this , please ?[/quote]Do you recall any specific or rough wording of the article? That would be a good place to start, google that wording. Maybe someone's posted a copy to a different site.

BeggingTurtle wrote:
Why would anyone read the paper?
What kind of question is that? :lol:[/quote]

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 1:38 pm

IS this it!?

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 1:51 pm

The story here is about Tourette's; was it this article you're thinking of?

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 5:49 pm

kirayng wrote:
IS this it!?

Quote:
Mr. Augspurger

Haha!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 7:23 pm

...Thank you , Kira , but it's neither of those .
It was likely considerably further back , during GW Bush's presidency , during the present century :wink :lol: : !