Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 3:36 pm

Is there a way to brisk walk that doesn't make you look like a complete wanker?

Other than that, how many people here do this and how much has it improved your health? I really wanna take more walks and 30 mins of brisk walking everyday may really improve my health without interfering too much with my work.

I just don't wanna look like a tit.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 8:10 pm

I would just walk like normal, but I would speed up to about 4 miles per hour. Maybe move your arms a bit, back and forth.

I usually do a mile in about 15 minutes, which is about 4.2 miles per hour.

How old are you? I'm 53. My optimal workout is when my heart rate goes up to the 130's consistently.

As long as I'm minding my own business, I wouldn't be conscious about how I "look." I've seen many decent runners who look really odd--but I ignore that--that's their technique, and it's none of my business.

UnmaskedEmperor
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm

My walking speed is on the edge of what most people would call jogging. I cover three blocks, in the time that slower people take to cover one.

I'd rather reach my destination; in due time, than to take forever getting there and have less time for my planned activities. I only slow down, when I'm with others who don't walk as fast as me.

As for the people who do look at me weird: they should just worry about living their own lives - and not trying to live mine!!

Try listening to some music and zoning out bypassers, just move your feet to the bass drum!! !

Walking might seem like a small thing; but just a little bit a day, can go a long way!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jun 2014, 1:42 am

I do that & I think it helps with my weight & maybe other activities I may do. I'm too focused on the walking to care how I look doing it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition