The Bar. (L&D's own chatroom)

Page 27 of 88 [ 1404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 88  Next

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 9:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I guess you're a James Bond fan LOL

I have watched most of the movies. And have started reading the novels written by Flemming. By the way, it is speculated that Ian Flemming got Bonds preference for shaken not stirred from how prince Bernhard liked his vodka martini's.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 5:54 pm

Could be.

Here's a funny story:

When I was in my 20's, I took an IQ test. I would have gotten a "perfect" score in the Verbal section had I correctly defined the "apocrypha."

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 9:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Have they renovated the whole downtown of Manchester? I've heard they were going to do that.

Also: I find it interesting that what we might call "strip malls" are called "shopping precincts" in the UK. A precinct in the US is exclusively used for the headquarters of a police unit.

Haven't got time to stay around for a drink, but.....

Shopping Precinct is a pretty dated term these days in the UK. Shopping Centre is more usual.

I've never been sure what Americans mean by the "downtown" area of a city. Is that the city-centre or the area where the businesses and shopping facilities are concentrated? Manchester city centre has been extensively redeveloped since being heavily bombed during WW2. A large chunk of this took place in the late 1970s (the so-called "Arndale" shopping centre), and also after the 1996 IRA bombing, which devastated a large area.

A lot of the redevelopment (or "regeneration") is pretty hideous, IMHO, especially that around Piccadilly Gardens.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:06 am

"Downtown" is usually the city or town center. Larger cities also have "midtowns" and "uptown." Midtown NYC is considering the urban core. In most towns, Main Streets are your High Streets.

Nine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2015, 3:27 am

*walks in and drapes my trenchcoat around a chair before taking a seat*

Bartender, would I be remiss to ask for a drink?

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 4:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
When I was in my 20's, I took an IQ test. I would have gotten a "perfect" score in the Verbal section had I correctly defined the "apocrypha."

That is a bummer, alto the use of the word in my profile is not in the traditional meaning of the word.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm

Is it an actual place in Greece?

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 1:13 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is it an actual place in Greece?

No, it refers to a realm in the setting of a video game series.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 1:17 am

LOL....The last video game I got into was Ms Pacman.

Ever been to Brussels?

DanielRosenberg
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2015, 6:19 pm

I value first impressions. As such, this is a bit of an essay. So I'm putting a TL:DR at the beginning and end.

*TL:DR I'm a Godzilla fan, freelance writer, Photoshop master, PC Gamer, Minecrafter, Gaming YouTuber, Nintendo Fanboy, video editor, sound mixer, and devout music listener as hobbies. I'd like some buddies. Bonus points if female. But really, read this thing. I made it long for good reason.*

So...name's Daniel. I live...somewhere in a remote part of LA, and I'm a 16-year old maniac. My favorite movie is Interstellar. I like chicken. And I hate random, arbitrary points like the two I just brought up. Seriously, why do people deliberately ask questions and say things neither person cares for? I'll never get it.

Anyway, I've mastered Photoshop CS6 after about ten years of work with it, and if nothing else, I could hook you guys up with any designs or...things you'd want me to make. As long as it's SFW/SFS.

I'm an every-few-days active YouTuber with a primary focus on gaming videos, as well as special attention to making content that's unique; hasn't been seen or done before. To give you an idea of my channel in a nutshell, here's the "Best of Everything" Montage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3uDl9Mc2uM

I'm quite a bit of a gamer too. Minecraft is the second-best thing I've ever played, and it would EASILY be number one if you didn't have to mod it to the potential I use it at. But my favorite game of all time is a three-way tie between The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, PlanetSide 2, and Grand Theft Auto V. Feels like cheating to put three games on top at once, but putting any one game higher would be too painful for me. My primary platform is my high-end Gaming PC, and if you want to, add me on steam @ godzillaclubking.

I have extremely sensitive ears, and my tastes in music are extremely distinctive. I only appreciate music that doesn't have lyrics, and is capable of inciting intense emotion exclusively from the instrumentals. I suppose that my current life is so boring that I hobby playing any one of my favorite songs, closing my eyes, and whisking myself away. To give you an idea of what I mean, here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2UtxjUdZQA

As far as personality goes, I'm an extremely consistent and logical person. I'm a well-trained public speaker and debater. I'm an atheist, but I really don't care at all what religion you are. I don't let religion (or lack thereof) get to my head, and I respect those who do the same.

I love to write creatively and dramatically, and have always had a natural proclivity for vocabulary and high English ability in general. I tend to write stream-of-consciousness with little to no prewriting, and it works for me. However, the result tends to be long, rambling essays not dramatically different from this one.

Anyway, enough about me! How about the people I'm looking for:
I'm a guy of extremes. My ideal person would either be someone so ridiculously similar to me that we're practically twins with different gender, OR someone so insanely far AWAY from my personality that getting along is initially inconceivable. I suggest this because it's nice to have people you know and understand, but in a way it's nicer to be challenged. Instead of emphasizing your strength, emphasizing your weaknesses. Opposites attract, essentially. That's what I'm getting at.

But no matter how similar or different you are to me, living in Los Angeles would be a huge help. For the rather obvious reason that long-distance rarely works. I would gladly show my Facebook, Skype, email, etc. here for you guys to see, but apparently that'll get me banned. So...message me! Leave a comment maybe. I want people to talk to, at the very least. A person to love at the very most. :)

Signed,

- Daniel

*TL:DR I'm a Godzilla fan, freelance writer, Photoshop master, PC Gamer, Minecrafter, Gaming YouTuber, Nintendo Fanboy, video editor, sound mixer, and devout music listener as hobbies. I'd like some buddies. Bonus points if female. But really, read this thing. I made it long for good reason.*

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 11:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
LOL....The last video game I got into was Ms Pacman.

Ever been to Brussels?

No, I have not been there yet. Why do you ask?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 8:46 am

Just curious about your impressions of Brussels.

My wife was there, and she liked it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 2:58 pm

DanielRosenberg wrote:
So...name's Daniel. I live...somewhere in a remote part of LA, and I'm a 16-year old maniac. My favorite movie is Interstellar. I like chicken. And I hate random, arbitrary points like the two I just brought up. Seriously, why do people deliberately ask questions and say things neither person cares for? I'll never get it.

i don't think they're too pointless...i've never seen interstellar but you could get a guy like me rambling on about how mush he eats chicken, everyday. every,. day.

welcome to WP!! i'm 100 miles from LA and somewhere around that age range also.

DanielRosenberg wrote:
I would gladly show my Facebook, Skype, email, etc. here for you guys to see, but apparently that'll get me banned. So...message me! Leave a comment maybe. I want people to talk to, at the very least. A person to love at the very most. :)

where did you read that it would get you banned?

i played skyward sword too. fun, but beginning was too slow for me.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 11:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Just curious about your impressions of Brussels.

My wife was there, and she liked it.

Sorry, that I could not help you with that.

karley39
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 3:05 am

hi all,
Is this a bar? I want a coke.
Today I am sooo good, is Sunday! Sunday is the best day of the week, Why? because it is all mine, I decide. and Sunday is the day that tomorrow doesn't matter.

Carpe Diem, Babie

please, somebody, I need music, something with rhythm, I wanna dance.

:D

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 4:33 am

karley39 wrote:
hi all,
Is this a bar? I want a coke.

*takes position behind the bar. Grabs a clean glass and fills it with coke.*

Here you go, sir. Do you want some ice-cubes in your glass?