I feel like I'm running out of time

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I know a woman who had her first kids at 53. Twins. Perfectly healthy. You have time. Many women have their first kids in their 40's these days. I know this for a fact.

LOL..I actually apologize for not looking at your profile. I didn't know your gender/sex when I posted.

50's seems rather selfish, parents will be in their mid-60's when the child starts the rebellion nonsense, and that phase in a teenagers life will take it's toll on older parents who will be looking for peace and quiet at that point in their lives, hardly the sort of energy that can contain a teenager. Grandkids will also have a high likelihood of never knowing their grandparents, which is sad.

At some point, it's better to just project other peoples children as your own. The world needs A LOT more of that, plus when you disciple kids, you're immediately engaging their minds, you're not feeding them or taking care of them for all those years, which is just pure stress, until it finally pays off and their minds start forming.

Jay779
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2014, 4:23 pm

Why are you waiting for men to talk to you? Whats stopping you from approaching them or messaging them? Waiting around accomplishes nothing. its like complaining you can't get a job but you never even applied for any jobs.

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 4:38 pm

Personally, I've never been married and I have no kids. That's not a problem.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 6:21 pm

sly279 wrote:
Halfmadgenius wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Cary Grant had his first kid when he was about 82!

You've got plenty of time.

Many guys and gals, especially within the middle/upper socioeconomic brackets, begin having kids well into their 40;s.

Not without a lot of medial assistance getting pregnant, and then it may not work. And Cary Grant is a man. I am a woman, our eggs start to go bad in our 30s. And I do NOT want to be the crazy cat woman. Baby doesn't even like other cats.

what about freezing some eggs for later use?

Again, if I had that kind of money I'd already have a baby. Have you looked at the price to freeze eggs? Never mind the extraction, even freezing is several grand a year.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 12:23 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
I am 22 and I feel the same :(
I feel like I am never going to be in a long term, fulfilling relationship let alone have kids

I felt the same way at that age. From 22-25 were probably the loneliest years of my life. I went 6 years without a date. All of my friends were getting married or in serious relationships. I felt worthless. I didn't know I had Asperger's then.

Then the miraculous happened! At age 32 I got married. My wife is great. We have been married almost 15 years now. She had our daughter when she was 40.

You should never give up. I pretty much had when I found my first relationship. That got me ready for my wife.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 5:41 am

You could adopt a child when you're older.
If you want your own kids, the options as stated are either settle or be a single mother. There's no way to force love/meeting a soul mate.
Have you joined any interest clubs in your area?