Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jul 2014, 12:27 pm

I have a minor but genuine phobia of wearing rings of any kind, due to fear of the ring getting stuck on my finger and never coming off!

Does anyone else have a similar sensory type issue with wearing rings? I have never been able to keep them on, not even a signet ring which my father once gave me.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 12:55 pm

Is it a fear of wedding rings?Lots of guys have that phobia :D
I like rings,but they can be dangerous if you snag them on something.I just tend to lose them

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:32 pm

My main problem with rings is in the summer.. It is so hot that I feel like my fingers are being suffocated. In addition, I hate having anything touch me (clothes, boyfriend etc). In the summer my sensory issues are much worse, it seems. Other than that, I just get bored with them and will usually take them off. If I'm ever proposed to, I'll have to ask for something that I can't feel while wearing-- like earrings or something! :lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm

I couldn't give two hoops about them.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:38 pm

babybird wrote:
I couldn't give two hoops about them.

I just LOL'd!

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm

nyxjord wrote:
My main problem with rings is in the summer.. It is so hot that I feel like my fingers are being suffocated. In addition, I hate having anything touch me (clothes, boyfriend etc). In the summer my sensory issues are much worse, it seems. Other than that, I just get bored with them and will usually take them off. If I'm ever proposed to, I'll have to ask for something that I can't feel while wearing-- like earrings or something! :lol:

I agree with the issue being worse in the summer.

My Mom is very into jewelry and would always be irritated that I didn't wear the stuff she bought me like my sister did, but, I just get so irritated.

Yes, I also have the phobia of them getting stuck.
:lol: Of course, as a woman, this has actually happened to me, when I was pregnant. I had to have my engagement ring cut off (I was able to remove my wedding band myself). It was a pretty simple procedure. I still need to get that repaired. Heh. But, I'm in no hurry, as I mentioned, not a fan.

I have worn a band on my left hand, even before I was married... I work in a male dominated industry and am not all that good looking, so, I get hit on all the time, I started wearing a band when I attend professional events, just to reduce that a bit (it doesn't stop it entirely... people are pigs). So, yeah, I'd rather experience the physical discomfort of a single ring, than the social discomfort. :roll:

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 5:24 pm

Hate them more than life itself. Would never wear one.

If I absolutely had to, it would go around a chain on my neck.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 7:46 pm

I like rings I couldn't bear to go out without wearing them, I have five rings on my fingers.
I like jewelry I wear Bangles too.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 8:24 pm

I do not like rings, or any other jewelry. When I see someone with multiple rings, multiple necklaces, bracelets, big, gawdy earrings, especially thumb rings, even foot and ankle jewelry, it makes me cringe big time, but I used to own a jewelry store so maybe I just got sick of dealing with it. People may not want to believe it, but a lot of jewelry lovers are a HUGE pain in the caboose to wait on in the business. Some very loud, ostentatious people. Loud and ostentatious do not always refer to auditory volume, but rather excessive to the eyes and sensitivities.

nikaTheJellyfish
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2014, 11:56 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I have a minor but genuine phobia of wearing rings of any kind, due to fear of the ring getting stuck on my finger and never coming off!

Does anyone else have a similar sensory type issue with wearing rings? I have never been able to keep them on, not even a signet ring which my father once gave me.

I have the exact same problem...

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 12:09 am

I would be more concerned about one acting as a lightening rod.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 1:53 am

envirozentinel wrote:

Stuff like that happens. I remember when I was a boy at camp one of the women who was running it was missing half of one of her fingers. I asked her how it had happened. and she said she had her arm sticking out of a speeding car and then her ring got caught on a truck going the other way.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 3:20 am

I can't wear jewellery at all.

Very occasionally I will wear a necklace if I am going out somewhere fancy, but even that irritates me all evening. :?

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 5:23 am

envirozentinel wrote:

That´s exactly what I fear. I never wear rings.

Jory wrote:
If I absolutely had to, it would go around a chain on my neck.

I agree with you here although I usually don´t wear chains or other jewelry. But if I had to choose between a ring on my finger or a chain, I would choose the chain.

mezzanotte
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 1:32 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I have a minor but genuine phobia of wearing rings of any kind.

Does anyone else have a similar sensory type issue with wearing rings?

Only this one......

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 2:55 pm

I don't wear rings, but I don't have any sensory issues with them. I used to wear one when I was a kid.

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I remember when I was a boy at camp one of the women who was running it was missing half of one of her fingers. I asked her how it had happened. and she said she had her arm sticking out of a speeding car and then her ring got caught on a truck going the other way.

I had a teacher who lost her finger in a similar way. She was on a boat and her ring got caught on the dock.