Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 2:55 pm

I don't wear rings, but I don't have any sensory issues with them. I used to wear one when I was a kid.

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I remember when I was a boy at camp one of the women who was running it was missing half of one of her fingers. I asked her how it had happened. and she said she had her arm sticking out of a speeding car and then her ring got caught on a truck going the other way.

I had a teacher who lost her finger in a similar way. She was on a boat and her ring got caught on the dock.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 10:17 am

JitakuKeibiinB wrote:
I don't wear rings, but I don't have any sensory issues with them. I used to wear one when I was a kid.

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I remember when I was a boy at camp one of the women who was running it was missing half of one of her fingers. I asked her how it had happened. and she said she had her arm sticking out of a speeding car and then her ring got caught on a truck going the other way.

I had a teacher who lost her finger in a similar way. She was on a boat and her ring got caught on the dock.

Oh, how scary! I have never met anyone personally who's had such an accident but I have heard that "ring accidents" resulting in the loss of a finger are not that uncommon. I've never been interested in rings any way but the possibility of such an accident makes it uncomfortable for me even just to see someone wearing a ring.