Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 2:13 pm

How do I deal with a twitching eye?

WHOperhero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2014, 6:05 pm

That's no fun :( I get that sometimes when I am stressed out for long periods of time. I know tics can be caused by different things, but if you only notice it when you are stressed, I would look for ways to reduce or cope with stress. For example, cutting back on a stressful activity would reduce stress, while maybe listening to calming music while doing stressful things could help you cope. Those are what helped me, anyways.

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jul 2014, 6:54 pm

I was told it was to do with stress. I first got a twitching eye the day after I'd completed my second year at university, and had it for nearly a week after. A tiny but very frustrating movement that made me wince, and one I could barely see even when focusing in the mirror. I got it again shortly after my third year exams had finished too, and for a day once or twice in my fourth and final year. I don't have it now but believe being reminded about it, including in typing this post, might kick it off again somehow. Not superstitiously though, I genuinely believe thinking about it more reaffirms it.

Although the times when I got it would theoretically be the points in my life of least stress (no more exams, mates still around, can go nuts with them), perhaps I still had stress from the occurrence due to the end of one routine and the urge to find a summer one that didn't really come, as well as having to move about so often.