Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

darkotics
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jul 2014, 12:04 am

I just want to know if any other people here suffer with it and have food aversions. I won't share my stats but I have a bmi of 18 which I know isn't a big deal but just wanted to talk about it.

I became ill at 16, I am now 23, when I started to become fascinated with clavicles and body fat percentages. I still observe others clavicles to see how defined they are. Plus during this time social isolation was at an all time high as the high school I attended was very extroverted in it's culture, vulgar, ghetto and full of people who brought guns to school and sagged their pants and had babies before graduating.

So I retreated into an illness which granted me a distraction, personal accomplishment, and a sense of identity. I wasn't in any clubs or anything. I didn't play sports. And I didn't have any friends.

When I went to college I did the opposite and binged and got average weight, which is fat to me. My lowest bmi was 17. I just want it to be 12 now. That number makes me less nervous. It's a calm, biblical number.

Who else has this? Or another form of eating disorder?

blacklashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2014, 11:29 am

I have anorexia. I don't know my current bmi or weight because I don't care about numbers like that. My food aversion is caused mainly by food intolerance, only a few things don't cause discomforts such as ridiculous painful bloating, reflux , gas , ect and I've cained them so they are so boring now.
I have relapsed and currently have zero appetite and only eat about 300 calories a day, sometimes I do better. I'm not obsessed with clavicles or any body parts either, I really want to be healthy. I dislike my twig arms and feeble wrists. I do like fitting in small spaces and being all floaty though :)

I really dislike having anorexia, It's not an accomplishment at all to me. Fair play to you for owning it but I'm so self conscious about it, People say the rudest things so I became a hermit rather than having to deal with the shame of having an ed and then shamed again by others for it being obvious.
You can be healthy at a low bmi, I think mines been as low as 8 when I was working out lots and drinking nut butter and hemp shakes. bmi is rubbish imo. I like being slim and toned/muscular with no cellulite, hopefully I'll get back there soon.

darkotics
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jul 2014, 1:57 pm

Thank you for replying. Your case is quite atypical, but it's good that you at least are not bmi 8 anymore. That would kill most people.

pollyfinite
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2014, 12:15 am

I have food aversions, but have never been diagnosed Anorexic. Most of my problems started when I took ADHD meds. I lost a lot of weight and I was already very thin. I got too thin, and luckily some of my food aversions abated when the put me on Fluvox. I am still thin, but the OCD meds have helped me. I don't know if this helps you.

blacklashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2014, 1:00 am

Saying it (low bmi) would kill most people is untrue. Bodybuilders and athletes regularly have very low bmi, I wouldn't say all of them are unhealthy. I think having 20% body fat, which is apparently within the normal range for a woman, is a bit gross on somebody with my build and I'd have more health problems if I was the warped idea of healthy. I don't think eating 3 or 4 times a day is normal because it isn't for me. Most of the nutritional guides that dictate health are bollocks.

My bmi could be lower than that right now, I don't know. I care more about body fat percentage. I like having good muscle definition and being vascular.

darkotics
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jul 2014, 4:11 am

blacklashes wrote:
Saying it (low bmi) would kill most people is untrue. Bodybuilders and athletes regularly have very low bmi, I wouldn't say all of them are unhealthy. I think having 20% body fat, which is apparently within the normal range for a woman, is a bit gross on somebody with my build and I'd have more health problems if I was the warped idea of healthy. I don't think eating 3 or 4 times a day is normal because it isn't for me. Most of the nutritional guides that dictate health are bollocks.

My bmi could be lower than that right now, I don't know. I care more about body fat percentage. I like having good muscle definition and being vascular.

I think you are confused; BMI is body mass index, or your weight to height ratio. Body builders all have high bmis, and low body fat.

Body fat percentage does not take weight and height into account. A bmi of 8 is severely underweight.

blacklashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2014, 10:01 am

Probably :lol: I'm muddled at the moment, still experiencing a bit of psychosis. Don't take anything I say too seriously.