Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

would you prefer prison or a more free environment?
i prefer prison for them and their kids 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
i prefer prison for grownups, but not the kids 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
i prefer the free environment mentioned above for adults@kids 89%  89%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 9

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 11:28 am

asylum seekers thrown in jail with their toddlers pretty much all over the world. if it were up to you, what would you prefer, putting them in cells or putting them in a buildign with a fenced in yard and let them go all over the building and yard whenever they want, wake up when they want, go to sleep when they want, wear what they want. that kind of thing.
let's say they cant leave the yard and there are security cameras and guards outside, and the fence is made of stone and real high, just in case you fear they might run.
but only if no one would know. so you dont have this reason about what would people say, your image or your country's image. let's say the press and nobody else will ever find out whether they were in prison or the other solution.
i'd prefer the building with a huge yard, tv in the lobby, that kind of thing.
i wonder if people like us who have often been mistreated for being different, feel differently than nts about this. i asked this pole on yahoo answers and more than fifty percent wanted jail, forced labor, and deportation.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 11:43 am

[Thread moved from News and Current Events to Politics, Philosophy and Religion]

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 11:55 am

U.S. laws describe the conditions under which it will accept an individual seeking asylum. Wanting a better economic or social life isn't one of those conditions. Proof of religious, ethnic or political persecution is a common condiction. Until they are designated as asylum seekers, they are, under federal law, considered as having violated immigration laws which prohibit entrance without a legitimate reason. As such, they are subject to detention at secure facilities until they are designated as asylum seekers or deported to their home nation or a third nation willing to accept them.

Of course, the president is apparently telling his administration's immigration and law-enforcement agencies to stop enforcement of the laws which restrict entrance. With news reporters showing how the current "child" detainees are being housed in detention facilities with soccer fields and better food than federal prison inmates receive, if not receiving taxpayer-paid one-way Greyhound bus tickets to cities within the United States, I doubt that there is any "forced labor" in this matter. Unfortunately, 90 percent of the asylum seekers who are designated as such fail to appear at the federal courts at which they have been assigned. This is why many Americans watching this believe that it is, instead, a massive illegal invasion with no way to locate the asylum seekers once they are bused to major cities.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 1:35 pm

I don't see such camps as any sort of solution for asylum seekers. If their reasons for being in the country are legitimate according to the laws of the land then accept them and help them integrate into society, otherwise stick them back on a boat or plane to their country of origin. If these camps exist because there is a backlog of asylum requests then employ more investigators to resolve the decisions quicker.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 1:54 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I don't see such camps as any sort of solution for asylum seekers. If their reasons for being in the country are legitimate according to the laws of the land then accept them and help them integrate into society, otherwise stick them back on a boat or plane to their country of origin. If these camps exist because there is a backlog of asylum requests then employ more investigators to resolve the decisions quicker.

I agree completely. Unfortunuately, U.S. laws are such that an individual who isn't designated under immigration laws must face a deportation hearing. Seems redundant to me since the evidence that loses the individual his designation would be largely the same presented at the deportation hearing.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 1:39 am

TallyMan wrote:

very good point. locking people up costs a bundle of money; space, food, guards' salary, etc. so take this money and put it to good use instead. give them a hearing right away, or if cant be done the same day, put them in a building with a yard like i suggested. it still will cost more, because the longer you lock people up, the more it costs you, naturally.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 1:38 am

Why do they have to be locked up at all? are assylum seekers especially dangerous?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 9:04 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Why do they have to be locked up at all? are assylum seekers especially dangerous?

The simplest answer is because illegal aliens are in the United States illegally (thus their legal-status title). We don't know who they are or where they are from, and we must designate them before they can proceed further into the United States or be deported back to their home nations.

Most aren't legitimately "asylum seekers" because they are simply attempting to have better lives by moving away from their home nations where income is almost nonexistent. Others are criminals and fugitives from their home nations, and simply want a new hunting ground where, for a while, they can continue their "business" without much attention. Still others know that they can get immediate U.S. government financial, educational, health and food assistance which further bankrupts the assistance system for those who have paid into it for decades (including the families of children with AS or ASD). And, those who enter the United States illegally are harming those who have played by the rules and are trying to enter legally.

All the while, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents are currently reporting that they have been prohibited to properly evaluate aliens legally OR medically and say that they are arriving and infecting the officers and agents with swine flu, dengue fever, Ebola virus and tuberculosis. Those diseases, left untreated, will soon start to infect U.S. citizens, too. Normally, these diseases would disqualify a legal alien from entering the United States until the diseases are mitigated. But, the aliens are given taxpayer-funded bus tickets to go to the U.S. city of their choosing with a notice to appear at a future date for court proceedings. Approximately 95 percent of the illegal immigrants never return as promised for court proceedings, according to Hector Garza, a Border Patrol agent and spokesperson for the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) Local 2455 (http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texa ... -Across-US).

So, when the White House encourages this kind of immigration, and forces officers and agents to violated the laws that govern their jobs, the result is really a massive invasion of illegal aliens who will be very difficult to find later if and when they are determined to be something other than innocent hungry children. Placing all the aliens in temporary detention facilities while they are processed and designated appropriately is the least we should be doing to those who have violated many laws in coming here without permission. Our federal laws require it, even if the White House says to ignore those laws.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 8:11 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

i dont understand why they have to be locked up at all, either. if the fear is that some might carry infectious diseases, then they should be taken to a hospital immediately and checked within hours. if locked up, they'll just infect each other, and the guards, who will infect their family and neighbors...

they're not dangerous and should be allowed to just rent a house, or if cant afford it, a hostel where they can come and go as they please. but some fear they might go underground. if this is such a concern, then they should be allowed to post bail. there will always be illegals in usa and other places anyway, because they come in as tourists and overstay their visas, and because some of them dont get caught while crossing the boarder. anyway, they have millions of illegals in the usa, and i hardly think this is america's worst problem. dont see illegal immigration as being such a threat to society. maybe more important to solve car accidents and crime and poverty and riots like the one after the rodeny king trial. these are the real problem, not illegal immigration.

i know they take jobs, but they also bring jobs by buying food and clothes, etc.

still, they should be made to pay taxes.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 8:30 am

I would prefer to purr with my superior feline.......