Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2014, 9:21 am

a bit cross-topic, but I have huge problems with sensitivity and clothes. While I have managed to ignore others and wear the clothes that after a huge trial turned out not to be too offensive for me to wear, I am still stuck on one item: the bra.

I have classified my trousers and shirts in A,B,C and D classes so that I know which one I can wear when I do not feel awesome and which ones to wear on an okay day. It works well for those items, but I have had a huge problem for years now of finding bras that will not directly make me nearly melt down when I wear them. I am currently alternating and always pack a reserve one so I can switch during the day when it becomes too much.

Does anyone have some tips or some experience on this topic they would like to share?

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

shadowpuzzle
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jul 2014, 9:29 am

Hanes makes some bras that are very comfortable and cheap. They have no underwire, no tags anywhere.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 12:07 pm

I wear a loose vest over my top. This conceals my lack of a bra.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm

Swordfish210 wrote:
a bit cross-topic, but I have huge problems with sensitivity and clothes. While I have managed to ignore others and wear the clothes that after a huge trial turned out not to be too offensive for me to wear, I am still stuck on one item: the bra.

I have classified my trousers and shirts in A,B,C and D classes so that I know which one I can wear when I do not feel awesome and which ones to wear on an okay day. It works well for those items, but I have had a huge problem for years now of finding bras that will not directly make me nearly melt down when I wear them. I am currently alternating and always pack a reserve one so I can switch during the day when it becomes too much.

Does anyone have some tips or some experience on this topic they would like to share?

How about skipping out on a bra completely, and just wearing a camisole ? Or a vest top ? If you are a smaller cup size, you probably won't need a bra for support underneath the vest top or the camisole. But if you are a bigger cup size (D onwards), I would go for a sports bra or one of those front-open, wireless bras, that will offer support but not irritate you (or your skin).

If it is absolutely difficult for you to wear any of the above as well, wear "busy" shirts and blouses - heavily patterned, designed shirts / blouses that will draw any attention away from your breasts. These go well with plain black skirts or black pants, especially, so you will look good whilst feeling comfortable at the same time.

Something like these for instance :

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/1594 ... amisas.jpg

http://m4.uxcell.com/i/12b/ux_a12060500 ... ux_g03.jpg

http://s7.jcrew.com/is/image/jcrew/0792 ... pdp_fs418$

http://s7.jcrew.com/is/image/jcrew/8610 ... pdp_fs418$

http://icons.shopfashiondesigner.com/bu ... t-camp.jpg

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

AmethystRose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

I have been buying and wearing wireless bras made by the brand "Barely There" for about 6 years now. I can only wear wireless bras and they have to be comfortable, or I can't focus on anything else.

"Barely There" is the best brand I've found, and their "smart sizes" make it much easier for me to find one that actually fits (almost impossible for me in most brands). I've only tried their wireless bras, but they've been consistently comfortable. :)

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2014, 2:26 pm

Thanks for all the replies!

Unfortunately I do need a bra, otherwise I would definitely skip it. Until a few years ago I wore the sloggi sport bras, but they are no longer giving enough support. I will look into some of the bras, maybe they have a European equivalent of the hanes model, those seem very comfortable, but give support.

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

Grovepark
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Jul 2014, 2:46 pm

Grr I hate that I have to wear a bra, but I run the risk of being knocked out by a loose boob otherwise. I spent ages not wearing them and finally gave in aged about 13 after almost killing myself running when we were playing rounders at school.

After that I have had a search for a comfortable, non underwired (as they drive me nuts) and well fitting bra. So far I have been searching for about 15 years! I even resorted to making a duct tape strapless bra for a wedding as I could not find one and I was told I was wearing a dressy dress.

I have found a bespoke bra company called optifit, so I am going to give them a go soon and see if they can make me something that works.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 9:28 am

Interesting. I don't think I could not wear an underwired bra as I need a lot of support. Currently trying to find some new ones actually as the ones I have are now pretty useless (they don't seem to last very long with me), but it's a bit of a nightmare as I have to buy them online (no local lingerie shops here). I feel much better walking about outside when I they're properly in their place. :roll:

ElsaFlowers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2014, 1:35 am

For those in the UK who have access to a Poundworld store, I highly recommend the poundworld comfort bra

At just £1 it's the cheapest bra available and sooo comfy :D

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 12:00 am

< No bra! No sags! No gaps! No 'nipplies' in cold weather.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 3:58 pm

vickygleitz wrote:

To what do you owe this achievement ? Inquiring minds want to know ! !! !

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 4:04 pm

HisMom wrote:
vickygleitz wrote:

Vicky has cancer :cry:

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 4:28 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
HisMom wrote:
vickygleitz wrote:

Vicky has cancer :cry:

I apologize, I am sorry.

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Novembers_Moon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2014, 5:20 pm

I have extreme tactile and sensitivity issues with clothing (fit, color, material, cannot be thin cotton, pattern). I wear a specific type of cotton, tank-style sports bra that is not restricting to me.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 6:52 am

Are there some second-hand shops in your area? For me they are a decent source of bras. I could never find any fitting bra in regular shop but in 2-nd hands I found a few that are comfortable. Maybe it is because they are cheap so I don't worry I will lose a lot of money if I buy them and they end up not fitting so I buy a lot of them to try walking in them at home and then throw away most of them, keeping the ones that I can stand. Or perhaps they are just weared/washed a few times already so they lose their new-feeling and I can already tell at shop what texture they really have.

Btw. While looking for a bra always check the stuff that usually piss you off, it it got one of those - it's a no-no, it might fit in shop but you will find it uncomfortable when you actually wear it. For me it is: tightness - the bra can't be tight under breasts, lace - the bra can't have laces touching the skin anywhere, fastener - must have a cloth cover between it and skin, straps - can't be grazing.
About bones - I always take them out. Bra gets more comfortable this way and surprisingly doesn't lose its shape and doesn't move or anything. I honestly have no idea why they put them in.