Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm

Hey wrongplanet!

I just woke up from a bad experience and its been one of many lately, usually I go into the dream world and experience lucidity and control, but nowadays I keep getting these bad experiences where I dont fully go to sleep or visit the dream land, I pretty much stay trapped in my room like as if Im relaxing still awake and I have scary experiences like growling near me, weird things falling onto the floor in the kitchen and rolling towards me, a ghost in the mirror of my room and when she notices me she tries to "get me" but I force myself awake...but the last couple of nights Ive been experiencing not the choking like being ridden by a succubus..but a cutting at my throat, like someone is laying behind me and stopping me from moving while cutting my throat with a knife or something, I can feel the sensation like a normal lucid dream or sleep paralysis dream, but like I said I don't go into the mystical dream world I completely stay in bed, as if Im still awake, it really scares me and annoys me cos I dont know whether Im getting proper sleep and whether its dangerous to experience this, because when i try to "give in" to the cutting feeling I cant breathe!

Please someone help, Im afraid I might choke myself to death in sleep or something weird will happen, is their any meaning behind these dreams or ways to get back into having normal lucid dreams, normal sleep paralysis? plus why am I having these dreams? is it because I stopped my anti psychotic and mood stabilizer medication?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 3:41 pm

Don't worry too much about it though. I don't think you're in any danger from it. Probably the worst it will do is stress you out a bit.

It is absolutely horrific though, I've had it myself for many years now.