Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 5:53 pm

sly279 wrote:
bleh12345 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
bleh12345 wrote:
The difference is no one is saying all men do these things and in your example some one is saying "all Muslims". If someone said "some Muslims do this and we should discuss why and how to prevent it" and someone replied "Yeah, but not all Muslims do it", I would indeed say they are enabling certain irrational religious beliefs. That person would also just be saying the obvious. Anyone who said "All Muslims are terrorist" are most likely racist and only consider middle eastern people Muslim. People attempting to have a rational discussion won't lie and say "all men", and I haven't really seen anyone attempt it here yet.

^^this. no one is calling you a rapist or sex offender, or "making you" feel like one, and no one is saying all men are rapists or sex offenders. so yeah sly, you're derailing.

if I can't say alot of women ......, then you two shouldn't be albe to say alot of men....

I fail to see how one is ok and the other is bad. except for a idea that things said about women is sexist but women can say all they want about men.

change all to most Muslims. is it ok now?

just as I didn't say that you want a guy to have a job, car, house, and be attractive to date him. I said a lot of women want those. I was slammed as that sentence coming off sexist and hurtful.

so no you don't say me personally just men in general are those things. :roll:

fact is when a person says most men rape women, it makes men feel like they are part of the most. since most would be a over 50% of the population of males, it is likely then that I would be part of the that. you two seem to view sexism one sided.

you want to ban what you call sexism based on how it hurts women's feelings but hurting men's feelings is ok.

saying alot or most men do something hurts mine and others feelings how is it ok?

I can't find the page where you said that. If you said "A lot of women want a guy to have a job, car, house, and be attractive to date him", I would agree, but I would also ask what does this have to do with women being harassed?

As an example, think of children. You have a classroom full of them. Have you ever seen them get a privilege, and that ONE kid ruins it, and then the whole class no longer gets it? That's what is similar to what the whole penis picture conversation is about.

I still agree with the OP, and I think it's unfair what happened. However, as autistic people, we have to remember that sometimes we do and say things with no intention to offend, but we do. Also, there are a lot of people with all sorts of problems out there, and sure, he could have been one of the ones that was innocent. I don't think I saw anything really blaming the OP, and I feel bad that he was kicked off that site if he truly did nothing to offend.

"so no you don't say me personally just men in general are those things. :roll: "

Who said this? Did anyone say "men in general"? All I've been reading is something to the tune of (to paraphrase) "some men post penis pics so much that it annoyed the mods and they responded".

"fact is when a person says most men rape women, it makes men feel like they are part of the most. since most would be a over 50% of the population of males, it is likely then that I would be part of the that. you two seem to view sexism one sided."

Did anyone say "most men rape women", or did they say "rapists are most likely to be male"? Regardless of where you stand on the second statement, they have two very different meanings.

"saying alot or most men do something hurts mine and others feelings how is it ok?."

There is a very big difference between saying "a lot" and "most". Let us use the number 100. Would you consider 80/100 most? I suppose that's reasonable, right? However, simply 25/100 can be considered "a lot". After all, it IS 1/4. However, it's not most at all.

I made the mistake of saying women want t guy to have...
Tan said a lot not some back when I asked if changing to a lot instead of just women I was told no

As for a lot of men are rapist etrc wasn't said in this thread . you'd have to dig through other threads to find the quotes . it just built up til I couldn't keep quiet anymore

I was told saying most/a lot/some was still bad women are individuals and can't assume any share one train of thought. I took it to heart and I see it applies to men too

Ahh. Yes, when you say "Women do this" or "Men do this" it implies ALL of them. I do this, too, but I don't really mean "all". Plus, some of us need very precise language or we will take everything as the literal meaning.

I can't really find where she said that, because it's honestly a bit too much for me to read right now. However, if you are going based off of accuracy of words, then you would be correct. However, I think she might have meant it wouldn't be OK because the conversation wasn't about what women were doing wrong in the first place. So, she might have said it was not OK, but had a different reason than what you thought. You would have to clarify that with her, though, as I (unfortunately) can't read minds. :P

Well, a lot of men ARE rapists. However, this does not imply that every man is a rapist, or even most. I suppose it can be easy to take things personally sometimes when the subject is so broad (men, and you are a man). However, it's important to note that if you aren't a rapist, don't worry about it. I know that a lot of autistic males get upset because they may have been called creeps before and they weren't doing something on purpose or didn't understand. This may be where your emotions stem from, and that's OK.

Technically, saying "most" or "a lot" is usually bad when speaking about topics such as this. However, saying "some" is OK. The problem lies in saying something like this:

Example: Some women dress in clothing that reveals their breasts, and they are sluts. (This would be sexist regardless of HOW many women you claimed did this)
Example: I'm having trouble finding a mate. Some women only want men who are attractive, rich, and have nice cars. (This can be sexist because it almost implies that ALL of the women you meet only want this, and that you are doing nothing to put these women off. In reality, maybe you came on a little too fast, but you are blaming the women for their views. You are also essentially implying that the women you meet need to lower their standards for you, and that implies a sense of entitlement to women just because you are a man)

Note: These are just examples I have seen from talking to men throughout my life. I do not want you to think I mean that you personally said them.

As you can see, sometimes there are misunderstandings when talking about sexism. Since autistic people can accidentally say what they DON'T mean, it can be even worse. Word usage is very important, and there needs to be a lot of clarification, or else there are fights like this.

It might be more helpful to next time ask for clarification, even if you need it several times. Ask for someone to specifically breakdown your word usage and which words are offensive and WHY. Otherwise, I find that people just assume you should know this stuff, which is not the case. If someone says something like "You know what you did", "You are being purposefully obtuse", "You know why this is sexist", and they refuse to clarify on a site for autistic people, it's best to just let it go or ask someone else. I'm not saying that's what happened here, I'm just saying this is a way to avoid those pent of feelings. I've been there, and on this site we should all be aware a LOT of us are prone to all sorts of misunderstandings.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
This comic pretty much sums up this whole discussion:

Tarentella. Don't you know that most men (75% according Sly's random guess) are decent people and not at all sexist/harrassers/rapists, etc? Therefore, even discussing male perpetuated sexism and harassment is clearly a misandrist attack on all men. Put your scissors away lady! :lol:

But seriously. Even if only .001% of men are full blown harassers, based on my experience at least 50% of men are the kind of people who's first response to a sexism discussion is to attempt to derail it with a completely irrelevent and off topic "Not all men" or "women can harass too" defense. At the very least they are guilty of perpetuating these issues by refusing to actually discuss and engage them.

as they attack men and say the same thing when the tables are turned I don't see the point.
if a guy says most/women say or do something , she or SA will jump in call it sexist and say not all women .....

so how is men doing the same thing seen as derailing but when they do it its seen a as a needed quest to stop sexism.

I don't like being made to feel like a rapist, sex offender, A*****e, or another bad person just cause theres men who do it.

this is the same as the attacks on Muslims after 911. well the terrorist were Muslims so lets treat all Muslims like they are terrorist.
should we tell all Muslims, Irish, Russians it is their job to stand up to the terrorist who happen to be from their culture to stop. or do we blame those responsible for the crime.

wall mart has a few thefts, not enough to install cameras or hire extra security but they separate the store into sections, wall them off, tell employees to watch customers closely. they treat each customer as a thief, this makes shopping there really uncomfortable.

punish the guy who sends dick pictures. ban him from the site, block his ip and send information to the internet provider and local police depending on the case. don't blame all men on the planet for the actions of that one guy. I don't get why this concept is so hard for those on the left to understand. people are indviduals not groups who share the same mind and org.

we can discuss sexism without being sexist, that is what I am saying. we can say that man a was sexist to woman a without saying all men are ______
I am against sexism on both sides.

so you're saying if someone talks about terror attacks and blames all Muslims and then I say well hey its not all Muslims, then they are ok saying well you are just perpetuating terrorism ?

If you actually want to have a real discussion about sexism, then you need to actually engage the discussion rather than arguing points that aren't even being discussed. It seems pretty clear to me that when you read a post about sexism the "straw feminist" that lives in your head is the one doing the translating. That explains why in your head, "a lot = all" and "some=most."

If the women in this thread were making sweeping generalizations about men I would call them out on thier sexism, but that's not the case here. In fact, I've seen sexist threads about men on this forum made by women (although not nearly as many as the reverse) and everytime the women got called out for it despite your claims of a double standard.

Here's a great article explaining the comic pretty clearly and concisely if you're still confused:

http://time.com/#79357/not-all-men-a-br ... -argument/

Do you not see how you're the one choosing to take this "dick pic" argument personally even though it has absolutley nothing to do with you? You've literaly had to change the definitions of core english pronouns in order for your argument to make any sense.

only using their logic and doing the same thing they did to me.

all I'm going to say. they the ones that told me using words like a lot or most is bad.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 7:49 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
sly279 wrote:
as they attack men and say the same thing when the tables are turned I don't see the point.
if a guy says most/women say or do something , she or SA will jump in call it sexist and say not all women .....

so how is men doing the same thing seen as derailing but when they do it its seen a as a needed quest to stop sexism.

I don't like being made to feel like a rapist, sex offender, A*****e, or another bad person just cause theres men who do it.

this is the same as the attacks on Muslims after 911. well the terrorist were Muslims so lets treat all Muslims like they are terrorist.
should we tell all Muslims, Irish, Russians it is their job to stand up to the terrorist who happen to be from their culture to stop. or do we blame those responsible for the crime.

wall mart has a few thefts, not enough to install cameras or hire extra security but they separate the store into sections, wall them off, tell employees to watch customers closely. they treat each customer as a thief, this makes shopping there really uncomfortable.

punish the guy who sends dick pictures. ban him from the site, block his ip and send information to the internet provider and local police depending on the case. don't blame all men on the planet for the actions of that one guy. I don't get why this concept is so hard for those on the left to understand. people are individuals not groups who share the same mind and org.

we can discuss sexism without being sexist, that is what I am saying. we can say that man a was sexist to woman a without saying all men are ______
I am against sexism on both sides.

so you're saying if someone talks about terror attacks and blames all Muslims and then I say well hey its not all Muslims, then they are ok saying well you are just perpetuating terrorism ?

If you actually want to have a real discussion about sexism...

^^everything you said after this bit was pretty reasonable, but i think this is where you made a mistaken assumption. guys that make these kinds of irrational arguments don't want to engage because the topic makes them uncomfortable--and their solution for that is not to help end sexism by engaging in good faith discussion and learning about the topic, but rather to try to discourage women from talking about it by calling anyone who does a misandrist.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 7:55 pm

bleh12345 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
bleh12345 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
bleh12345 wrote:
The difference is no one is saying all men do these things and in your example some one is saying "all Muslims". If someone said "some Muslims do this and we should discuss why and how to prevent it" and someone replied "Yeah, but not all Muslims do it", I would indeed say they are enabling certain irrational religious beliefs. That person would also just be saying the obvious. Anyone who said "All Muslims are terrorist" are most likely racist and only consider middle eastern people Muslim. People attempting to have a rational discussion won't lie and say "all men", and I haven't really seen anyone attempt it here yet.

^^this. no one is calling you a rapist or sex offender, or "making you" feel like one, and no one is saying all men are rapists or sex offenders. so yeah sly, you're derailing.

if I can't say alot of women ......, then you two shouldn't be albe to say alot of men....

I fail to see how one is ok and the other is bad. except for a idea that things said about women is sexist but women can say all they want about men.

some men are rapist if a lot of men were then we would have jails full of them and CNN talking about how millions of women are raped every day and the president would declare a war on rape. Rape happens far more often then I like :( but it isn't something that happens to millions of people every day. that would be alot. alot would be if 4/5 guys I met were rapist. if 1/5 guys I met is a rapist that is some, some is still bad and any rape is too much rape. it just seem from my expeince and observation that rape isn't as big as a problem as say people starving to death , or the genocide in africa. I don't mean to down play it I want all rape to stop. all my siblings were raped.
but to make it seem like a lot of men rape women. isn't the number like 26%??? that isn't really alot its a bunch. the way I was raised a bunch and a lot have different means. bunch is less then a lot

I don't want to be made out to seem pro rape or harrassment. I am not. I get sick to my stomach and very angry when I hear about such things.

as far as sexism.

"prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex."
saying women want something doesn't seem to fall under this. but I was told as it might make women feel bad it is sexist.
the comments I pointed out made men feel bad, so it seemed to meet the same non law description.

but they are always right and us me will always be wrong it seems.
saying a lot of men only want sex is sexist yes? why isn't a lot of men are rapist?
saying some men only want sex, is true. there are men who just want sex. same as there are some men who are rapist. only rapist I've know was my biological dad. I have come in contact with hundreds of men since who aren't. 1 of 100 doesn't seem like a lot to me.

I could see if a person knew 50 rapist out of the 100 guys. they might feel and say it was a lot. but to say a lot in general seems wrong as I was told you can't know every man. so how could you know how many do these things compared to how many don't without just generalizing or assuming.

just as I didn't say that you want a guy to have a job, car, house, and be attractive to date him. I said a lot of women want those. I was slammed as that sentence coming off sexist and hurtful.

fact is when a person says most men rape women, it makes men feel like they are part of the most. since most would be a over 50% of the population of males, it is likely then that I would be part of the that. you two seem to view sexism one sided.

you want to ban what you call sexism based on how it hurts women's feelings but hurting men's feelings is ok.

saying alot or most men do something hurts mine and others feelings how is it ok?

I can't find the page where you said that. If you said "A lot of women want a guy to have a job, car, house, and be attractive to date him", I would agree, but I would also ask what does this have to do with women being harassed?

As an example, think of children. You have a classroom full of them. Have you ever seen them get a privilege, and that ONE kid ruins it, and then the whole class no longer gets it? That's what is similar to what the whole penis picture conversation is about.

I still agree with the OP, and I think it's unfair what happened. However, as autistic people, we have to remember that sometimes we do and say things with no intention to offend, but we do. Also, there are a lot of people with all sorts of problems out there, and sure, he could have been one of the ones that was innocent. I don't think I saw anything really blaming the OP, and I feel bad that he was kicked off that site if he truly did nothing to offend.

"so no you don't say me personally just men in general are those things. :roll: "

Who said this? Did anyone say "men in general"? All I've been reading is something to the tune of (to paraphrase) "some men post penis pics so much that it annoyed the mods and they responded".

"fact is when a person says most men rape women, it makes men feel like they are part of the most. since most would be a over 50% of the population of males, it is likely then that I would be part of the that. you two seem to view sexism one sided."

Did anyone say "most men rape women", or did they say "rapists are most likely to be male"? Regardless of where you stand on the second statement, they have two very different meanings.

"saying alot or most men do something hurts mine and others feelings how is it ok?."

There is a very big difference between saying "a lot" and "most". Let us use the number 100. Would you consider 80/100 most? I suppose that's reasonable, right? However, simply 25/100 can be considered "a lot". After all, it IS 1/4. However, it's not most at all.

Tan said a lot not some back when I asked if changing to a lot instead of just women I was told no

As for a lot of men are rapist etrc wasn't said in this thread . you'd have to dig through other threads to find the quotes . it just built up til I couldn't keep quiet anymore

I was told saying most/a lot/some was still bad women are individuals and can't assume any share one train of thought. I took it to heart and I see it applies to men too

Ahh. Yes, when you say "Women do this" or "Men do this" it implies ALL of them. I do this, too, but I don't really mean "all". Plus, some of us need very precise language or we will take everything as the literal meaning.

I can't really find where she said that, because it's honestly a bit too much for me to read right now. However, if you are going based off of accuracy of words, then you would be correct. However, I think she might have meant it wouldn't be OK because the conversation wasn't about what women were doing wrong in the first place. So, she might have said it was not OK, but had a different reason than what you thought. You would have to clarify that with her, though, as I (unfortunately) can't read minds. :P

Well, a lot of men ARE rapists. However, this does not imply that every man is a rapist, or even most. I suppose it can be easy to take things personally sometimes when the subject is so broad (men, and you are a man). However, it's important to note that if you aren't a rapist, don't worry about it. I know that a lot of autistic males get upset because they may have been called creeps before and they weren't doing something on purpose or didn't understand. This may be where your emotions stem from, and that's OK.

Technically, saying "most" or "a lot" is usually bad when speaking about topics such as this. However, saying "some" is OK. The problem lies in saying something like this:

Example: Some women dress in clothing that reveals their breasts, and they are sluts. (This would be sexist regardless of HOW many women you claimed did this)
Example: I'm having trouble finding a mate. Some women only want men who are attractive, rich, and have nice cars. (This can be sexist because it almost implies that ALL of the women you meet only want this, and that you are doing nothing to put these women off. In reality, maybe you came on a little too fast, but you are blaming the women for their views. You are also essentially implying that the women you meet need to lower their standards for you, and that implies a sense of entitlement to women just because you are a man)

Note: These are just examples I have seen from talking to men throughout my life. I do not want you to think I mean that you personally said them.

As you can see, sometimes there are misunderstandings when talking about sexism. Since autistic people can accidentally say what they DON'T mean, it can be even worse. Word usage is very important, and there needs to be a lot of clarification, or else there are fights like this.

It might be more helpful to next time ask for clarification, even if you need it several times. Ask for someone to specifically breakdown your word usage and which words are offensive and WHY. Otherwise, I find that people just assume you should know this stuff, which is not the case. If someone says something like "You know what you did", "You are being purposefully obtuse", "You know why this is sexist", and they refuse to clarify on a site for autistic people, it's best to just let it go or ask someone else. I'm not saying that's what happened here, I'm just saying this is a way to avoid those pent of feelings. I've been there, and on this site we should all be aware a LOT of us are prone to all sorts of misunderstandings.

I have said similar thing about how most the women' i'v seen want a guy with a car, house/appartment , good job and handsome. this isn't possible that I just wasn't the type of guy they wanted and I am assuming they rejected me cause the list of things. this is based on the fact most in this are list the list on their ads/profiles. I never even contact them to be rejected by them cause I don't meet the list.

I wouldn't say lower their standard, though I suppose if one views humans as such it could be seen that way. I don't value, income, items, cars, or clothing when considering a mate. I base my decision off of personality, how they treat others, and if they are somewhat attractive(face). demanding the perfect mate is unrealistic. how many male models who have a coperate job and condo, could there possible be. perhaps this is why the same women are still on cl and okc year after year, and eventually take to complaining on their profile about how no "real man" has swept them off their feet.

I am losing interest in okc and pof. its the same women that have been there for years now. they aren't getting new women joining though they do lose some to inactivity and the few that found a match. that is a topic for another thread though.

as for sexism
"prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex."
saying women want something doesn't seem to fall under this. but I was told as it might make women feel bad it is sexist.
the comments I pointed out made men feel bad, so it seemed to meet the same non law description.

saying a lot of men only want sex is sexist yes? why isn't a lot of men are rapist?
saying some men only want sex, is true. there are men who just want sex. same as there are some men who are rapist. only rapist I've know was my biological dad. I have come in contact with hundreds of men since who aren't. 1 of 100 doesn't seem like a lot to me.

I could see if a person knew 50 rapist out of the 100 guys. they might feel and say it was a lot. but to say a lot in general seems wrong as I was told you can't know every man. so how could you know how many do these things compared to how many don't without just generalizing or assuming.

I don't see a point in continuing after this post though. It seems it just makes them feel like I am a bad guy.

I all wanted was for them to do as they told me and phase stuff differently so it wouldn't come off as hurtful. but to ask that makes me a cry baby or hysterical

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 8:42 pm

sly, I apologize, this is more complicated than I'd considered.

You're right, words/phrases like "a lot, most, all," often signal sexism. The problem -- and here's where it gets tricky -- is that these aren't the only indicators and can't be used in a literal fashion. This is where social context comes in. And that really is tricky, especially here, because it involves being aware of ideas -- historical and otherwise -- related to gender and sexism.

If I say, "Women love cake pops" -- well, someone might get annoyed, because that's pretty darn broad, and maybe there's some implication that women just want adorable treats. Sort of like the weird "yogurt is a lady food" thing that's happened in advertising. But I don't think you'd find many who'd call it a big deal. "Women have rape fantasies," though (and yes, this is a thing people say), is something totally different, because it's not only *definitely* not true across the board, but feeds into a seriously dangerous and old idea that women actually want to be raped and, in general, dominated. Similarly, "Women want to have children" -- well, that's part of an old (and harmful) idea that women are essentially walking uteruses and that this is primarily what they want to do with their lives; it's also part of another old (and harmful) idea that women who don't want children are cold and unnatural, some sort of witches.

That requires a lot of prior knowledge and context, and I can see how this could get extremely frustrating.

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 9:39 pm

sly279 wrote:
bleh12345 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
bleh12345 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
bleh12345 wrote:

some men are rapist if a lot of men were then we would have jails full of them and CNN talking about how millions of women are raped every day and the president would declare a war on rape. Rape happens far more often then I like :( but it isn't something that happens to millions of people every day. that would be alot. alot would be if 4/5 guys I met were rapist. if 1/5 guys I met is a rapist that is some, some is still bad and any rape is too much rape. it just seem from my expeince and observation that rape isn't as big as a problem as say people starving to death , or the genocide in africa. I don't mean to down play it I want all rape to stop. all my siblings were raped.
but to make it seem like a lot of men rape women. isn't the number like 26%??? that isn't really alot its a bunch. the way I was raised a bunch and a lot have different means. bunch is less then a lot

I don't want to be made out to seem pro rape or harrassment. I am not. I get sick to my stomach and very angry when I hear about such things.

as far as sexism.

I have said similar thing about how most the women' i'v seen want a guy with a car, house/appartment , good job and handsome. this isn't possible that I just wasn't the type of guy they wanted and I am assuming they rejected me cause the list of things. this is based on the fact most in this are list the list on their ads/profiles. I never even contact them to be rejected by them cause I don't meet the list.

I wouldn't say lower their standard, though I suppose if one views humans as such it could be seen that way. I don't value, income, items, cars, or clothing when considering a mate. I base my decision off of personality, how they treat others, and if they are somewhat attractive(face). demanding the perfect mate is unrealistic. how many male models who have a coperate job and condo, could there possible be. perhaps this is why the same women are still on cl and okc year after year, and eventually take to complaining on their profile about how no "real man" has swept them off their feet.

I am losing interest in okc and pof. its the same women that have been there for years now. they aren't getting new women joining though they do lose some to inactivity and the few that found a match. that is a topic for another thread though.

as for sexism

I don't see a point in continuing after this post though. It seems it just makes them feel like I am a bad guy.

I all wanted was for them to do as they told me and phase stuff differently so it wouldn't come off as hurtful. but to ask that makes me a cry baby or hysterical

Have you considered trying to join another dating site? I keep hearing about these specific ones, and they seem awful. Obviously, if you do not value material items, and you keep seeing profiles that expect that, it can seem very hopeless. However, since we know not all females are like that, I'm thinking there MUST be some sort of dating site where things like nude pictures and wanting money aren't extremely common.

I understand how gender roles also affect males. It's hard, especially when you already have trouble socializing. I'm hoping someone can recommend a good dating site for you. I don't really know of any. :/ Perhaps you need a female who lives life "one day at a time". I know some people who are into this are kind of hippie like, risk takers, very outgoing, they might like the outdoors a lot, or even be a philosophy major. I'm not sure where to meet those people at, but maybe there is some sort of meet up group you can find that focuses more on other things besides money and status. The only website I can recommend is www.meetup.com . I hope this helps you a bit.

As someone who very emotional, I understand about the rewording thing. If you feel misunderstood, I think it would be best to say that and try your hardest to think about what your feelings are. It helps to use "I feel" statements, so that way you don't sound like you are attacking someone and they will respond better to how you are feeling and why. Does this make sense?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 12:52 am

I'm really not a bad person. I do get emotional, which Is why I tend to relate better to women then men. I can't be emotional with guys its not what they do.

i know not all women are like that, but those who aren't fall into 1.married/in relationship 2. not interested/attracted to me 3. not on dating sites, so I won't have a chance to meet them.

I've tried a bunch of different dating sites, I have profiles on many. most cost money for you to message or receive messages.
okc and pof are the best of the free ones and have more real people then a bunch of the paid sites. I've tried cl even. I got a few people that went to the texting point, though i've had a bunch who will ask for phone number in message 1 or 2 seems super odd. I prefer to email for at least a week.

I don't know i need a balanced female. I can be day by day. but I also prefer to plan things out. i've found that women who don't plan anything irritate me. like planning camping trips, traveling, or just budgeting monthly money. I can't just up and do big things. get panic attacks if i do and get indecisive. like if its 5 mins before dinner and someone is like where doyou want to eat place a or place b. I freeze up. but yeah someone who has their whole life planned out probably will find me not ambitious.

I've checked meetup but they don't have much in my area. there's a walking group but they do trips to Europe to walk.

I don't know to be honest I feel I belong out on a mountain somewhere away from people, so i dont hurt them.
if I ever win the lottery I plan to buy a house out somewhere and be reclusive. it won't be good for my mental and emotional state but I feel it would be best for others.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 5:49 am

sly279 wrote:
I'm really not a bad person. I do get emotional, which Is why I tend to relate better to women then men. I can't be emotional with guys its not what they do.

i know not all women are like that, but those who aren't fall into 1.married/in relationship 2. not interested/attracted to me 3. not on dating sites, so I won't have a chance to meet them.

I've tried a bunch of different dating sites, I have profiles on many. most cost money for you to message or receive messages.
okc and pof are the best of the free ones and have more real people then a bunch of the paid sites. I've tried cl even. I got a few people that went to the texting point, though i've had a bunch who will ask for phone number in message 1 or 2 seems super odd. I prefer to email for at least a week.

I don't know i need a balanced female. I can be day by day. but I also prefer to plan things out. i've found that women who don't plan anything irritate me. like planning camping trips, traveling, or just budgeting monthly money. I can't just up and do big things. get panic attacks if i do and get indecisive. like if its 5 mins before dinner and someone is like where doyou want to eat place a or place b. I freeze up. but yeah someone who has their whole life planned out probably will find me not ambitious.

I've checked meetup but they don't have much in my area. there's a walking group but they do trips to Europe to walk.

I don't know to be honest I feel I belong out on a mountain somewhere away from people, so i dont hurt them.
if I ever win the lottery I plan to buy a house out somewhere and be reclusive. it won't be good for my mental and emotional state but I feel it would be best for others.

So...basically what you're saying is you have a few hangups. Welcome to the real world, right?!

Something that makes me feel good are those little moments now that I'm married that remind me, "yeah, I still got it." I was at a conference last week and spent about 15 minutes "chatting up" someone. I only did it because I knew I'd most likely never see this person again, and I was more interested in making a professional contact anyway. But it was a real confidence booster.

What you will find is that with maturity you'll learn to let a lot of things go that aren't really that important when it comes to inteerpersonal relationships, to include romantic relationships. You'll find there are a lot more women out there you had no idea were so interesting. It's the whole comfort-zone hangup you're struggling against. The more you reevaluate what's really important and focus your dating interests in that direction, the easier it's going to be.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2014, 2:41 am

We're a society of pretentious idiots. Simple as that.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

The_Blind_Scribe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Aug 2014, 5:36 am

My guess is that the problem is unrelated to the break up. I don't think that the moderators would have banned you just because somebody said that you were a creep. If dating sites did that, they'd have no members left by the end of the month.

CodeGrey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2014, 4:14 pm

NT here (sorta :p) who met Aspie BF on POF. My two cents, there is no way she could have you banned for anything done or said off the POF site proper. Any messages or pics sent to a personal number would be disregarded, let alone something you allegedly said. Unless you sent her a nude pic on the site or where sexually inappropriate/verbally abusive then she could not report you for misconduct.

Sounds like your lack of access using that email is some kind of technical error. I would contact POF administrators and have it fixed :)