Vivid dreams, waking up every couple hours,

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 8:10 am

and breathless and dehydrated. This has been going on for at least the last few days. What could be causing this?

I've sent an email to my psychiatrist to see what he thinks.

Laddo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 8:24 am

I believe the heat can trigger this sort of thing. Is it summer where you currently live?

I am no longer using this account or this website. Do not bother contacting me because any messages will be ignored. The fact that you can't delete your profile while all your information is retained is also disgraceful.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

20 Jul 2014, 9:30 am

It is summer everywhere?

Wear yourself out. Exercise, or do some hard work. Stay away from caffeine. Go to sleep tired. Try that.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:01 am

Laddo wrote:
I believe the heat can trigger this sort of thing. Is it summer where you currently live?

Yes it is summer where I live, but temperatures have been below normal for the past few days and I had the air conditioning blasting.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:03 am

yournamehere wrote:
It is summer everywhere?

Wear yourself out. Exercise, or do some hard work. Stay away from caffeine. Go to sleep tired. Try that.

I was tired when I went to sleep, tired when I got up, and tired when I went back.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:04 am

yournamehere wrote:
It is summer everywhere?

Also, FYI, in the Southern Hemisphere it is currently winter.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:43 am

beneficii wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
It is summer everywhere?

Also, FYI, in the Southern Hemisphere it is currently winter.

Dunno how I didn't know that?

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:50 am

beneficii wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
It is summer everywhere?

I was tired when I went to sleep, tired when I got up, and tired when I went back.

I guess I meant to say wore out, or exhausted, or physically incapable of doing anymore work. Is there something on your mind that will not go away? What are your dreams about? Are they nightmares? You can get too much sleep, and be tired. I'm just throwing some stuff out there.

Your doctor might have answers too. Could it be physical?

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2014, 3:27 pm

I agree that exercise or hard labor helps me sleep through the night much better. I do wake up a lot like you're saying. And yes, vivid dreams. But I suffer from nightmares as well. I hardly ever have a decent dream. Sometimes the dreams are so crazy and abstract that there is hardly any way to explain them. Other times, I'm just trying to defend myself against people attacking me. Usually, these are people who've picked on me in the past. I wake up kicking the sheets off my bed or punching a things. My body acts out what I'm doing in the dream, so I'm tired a lot from poor sleep.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 5:21 pm

To dream that you are being attacked by someone indicates your character is being questioned. You feel the need to defend yourself. You are feeling stressed, vulnerable and helpless. You may also be facing difficult changes in your waking life. Dreaming of an attack provides a way for you to confront these situations that you may be avoiding in real life.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2014, 6:20 pm

yournamehere wrote:
To dream that you are being attacked by someone indicates your character is being questioned. You feel the need to defend yourself. You are feeling stressed, vulnerable and helpless. You may also be facing difficult changes in your waking life. Dreaming of an attack provides a way for you to confront these situations that you may be avoiding in real life.

Thanks for the input. I do avoid conflict when I'm not asleep. I've only fought back against bullies once or twice in my life and it didn't go very well for me.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2014, 6:21 pm

yournamehere wrote:

Thanks for the input. I do avoid conflict when I'm not asleep. I've only fought back against bullies once or twice in my life and it didn't go very well for me.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 10:44 am

Um, like, super lucid ones?