Emu Egg

20 Jul 2014, 8:37 pm

I am a 15 year old female and my symptoms are:

:?: -socially isolated
-sensitivity to sound, light and touch
-I can't understand sarcasm
-I am often called weird
-I often go on and on about the same thing or a group of things to be fair
-I sometimes use large and complicated words for something that could be made shorter and easier to understand
-I struggle to follow basic instructions if they are not given clearly
-I often feel overwhelmed and sometimes I cry and punch my wall
-I participate in gestures such as swaying, wringing my hands and bouncing my clasped hands against my face lightly when stressed or over whelmed
-I can also remember when I was younger lining up all of my stuffed animals and playing with the wheels of toy cars instead of playing with them
-I am easily distracted
-I have obsessions, they include several tv shows and movies and researching about disorders mainly mental (I have to know everything about them) - Take figures of speech literally -I am very gullible
-I have a few close friends but I rarely go out with them -I was speaking in full sentences at 1 and a half
-I try to avoid large groups because they overwhelm me -when I am forced to participate in social situations I usually hide in my room afterwords to recharge
-I don't like the feeling of some words of course these are usually curse words but other words too
-I have extremely high pain tolerance.
-I don't bother with doing my hair and fashion
-I struggle maintaining eye contact
-I can't talk to people I don't know or I make as very little interaction as possible
- It takes me a long time to complete one task as I keep getting distracted.
-emotionally detached

I told my mum my concerns but she told me to stop being stupid so I will not me getting a diagnosis anytime soon. These have always been with me I can remember in nursery getting into trouble for doing stuff other kids don't do like sticking my feet in pots and I had 1 friend in nursery. I remember my mum removing me from after school care because I refused to talk to anyone and sat myself. I had 2 friends in primary and 1 of them would basically embarrass me and hurt me but she told me it was alright so I believed her because we were friends. No one spoke to me in primary because I was the weird violent kid and I just want to know if they were right or if there is something else there. Please reply and thank you for those who do.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 8:50 pm

It's possible.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 9:28 pm

Probably better not to phrase this as an either/or question.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 9:41 pm

sounds aspie-ish

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 9:43 pm

Sounds like it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 9:47 pm

You have listed a lot of autistic traits. Without a degree in psychology I can't diagnose you. Without observing, testing you, seeing your childhood records and questioning people who know you well I can't give you an informed option.

I can welcome you to wrong planet and think until you are of legal age to get a diagnosis you can and should vent, discuss and get advice on how to deal with your autistic traits here at Wrong Planet.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman