Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 5:50 pm

I haven't noticed any attacking or judging on this thread.
When I used the term 'faking' I meant copying or mimicking others.
Many people on this forum have said they learned to copy others as a way of fitting in.
I'm not faking it when I am polite and kind to people. That is my nature.
I have no problem with being nice and considerate of others. Everyone has to do that.
When I was young I wasn't always polite and kind but that was because I didn't realize that my behavior could have an affect on other people. I didn't realize I could hurt someone's feelings. I had to learn that.
But I really can't copy other people. I can't mimic their personalities or the way they relate to each other.
It never occurred to me to mimic other people or to monitor my own body language, mannerisms and eye contact to appear normal.
I didn't have enough self awareness to do any of that.
I am nice in my own way and that gets me by, but my life has been no less of a struggle than the others posters here.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 5:57 pm

I wish I could pet that kitty cat.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 6:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish I could pet that kitty cat.

Purrrrrrrr

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 6:11 pm

:D

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm

Here is a picture of me faking NT

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 7:09 pm

I don't mind raccoons--but I like petting little kitty cats better.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 7:44 pm

dianthus wrote:
It's not so much about "faking NT" as it is that the NT social world is just built on fakery and illusions and BS to begin with.

I can really relate to this view.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm

Well I think it is most likely due to the fact that you have comorbid disorders along with your Asperger's,

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

I can not say I fake NT's. I just want to survive in this messed up world we live in. If I could, I would live on my own island with out all the BS.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 8:52 pm

I have an idea. Why don't all people with Asperger's develop there very own community. Not a virtual one a real one. Each country could have there very own Aspieville. I would organize it but I do not have very good executive functioning.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 1:52 am

As individuals, Aspies are part of the 'social world' as much as NTs are. It's as if this forum believes that NTs are not forced to 'fake it', and intentionally behave maliciously all the time.

A world full of autistics would still involve heavy amounts of bullying and BS. The evidence is commonplace, but it's selectively ignored. People with lower functioning autism have posted how they have experienced things like bullying at the hands of the higher functioning.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 8:21 am

Norny wrote:
As individuals, Aspies are part of the 'social world' as much as NTs are. It's as if this forum believes that NTs are not forced to 'fake it', and intentionally behave maliciously all the time.

A world full of autistics would still involve heavy amounts of bullying and BS. The evidence is commonplace, but it's selectively ignored. People with lower functioning autism have posted how they have experienced things like bullying at the hands of the higher functioning.

Higher functionings emulate the NTs better.
In a different environment they would not act out those behaviors but for rare exceptions.

NTs are already faking it via several layers of packaging. To them, faking it just means adding one more layer over what they would have normally done.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 8:52 am

olympiadis wrote:
Norny wrote:

Higher functionings emulate the NTs better.
In a different environment they would not act out those behaviors but for rare exceptions.

NTs are already faking it via several layers of packaging. To them, faking it just means adding one more layer over what they would have normally done.

That is only how you perceive the world, but you haven't provided any factual basis as to why one should believe that and/or see it that way.

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'different environment', but what purpose would it serve for an NT to act out such behaviours in the very same environments?

The AS bullies do not bully because they are emulating NTs, but because that's their nature.

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2014, 9:18 am

Acting works well when around NT people. I think most people act to be liked more by other people. It's not that autistic people do it more often, everybody fakes it sometimes (that sounded weird :oops: ).

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 9:40 am

Fake or be Faked

:lol:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 2:48 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
Here is a picture of me faking NT