Any good jobs for Aspies with a Criminal Justice degree?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 8:09 am

I was thinking paralegal (work under a lawyer) that involves research (which is the #1 thing I LOVED about college papers) BUT! I HATE THE LAW SYSTEM! torts and all that Law Jargon s**t!! ! UGH! I trudged through the Courts textbook and only took the course because I HAD TOO!

My parents stress teacher,teacher,teacher (grade school) online teaching but I'm not sure I want to teach a bunch of brats! Virtual teaching still involves a physical place for meetings and socialization with people and being around other teachers. I just want to teach from my computer and be done. Plus I don't drive so can't get to these "meetings."

Yes I'm the type that love the crime drama fiction shows and want to solve THOSE CASES! Yet honestly most cases will probably be boring drugs or DUI mostly YAWN! The BIG CASES are D.C. FBI area. Local will be boring local stuff. I question dealing with sex offenders perhaps learn how to do interviews like my older sister does (She has a CJ degree does pre trial stuff). But I don't even know how to do a job interview yet alone interview any type of criminal.

I'll be done with my Bachelors in December and nothing to show for it. :-(

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 9:10 am

Odd that you like research but have a problem with "legal jargon."

I don't think doing a paralegal job would be much of a problem. The bigger issue is that you may be burdened to make sure stuff is done correctly. You might be better to offer yourself as a "legal researcher." Paralegals do a lot more than just research, and the job can be as stressful as being an attorney.

You'd be best to see if a firm would let you intern and see how good or happy you'd being doing that type of work before deciding what to do.

Teaching is very bad now in the USA. Low pay, but no public school really enforces any discipline on the kids, and so you really have to be the diplomat (and have the patience of a saint) to put up with the nonsense. A private school would be better in those areas since they can kick problem kids out rather than let them disrupt the class, but they also expect more from their teaching staff.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 9:58 am

I believe even virtual the kids might not give it 100% and getting to these so called "meetings" as in I can't phone interview or something I have to go to Orlando (which I can't get to) puts a little kink in things. Intern for a lawyer sounds interesting but not sure if you can intern post college I'll be done December but won't be able to do internships my last semester. Not sure you can do one post college. Something to consider. I don't want a job nearly as stressful as a lawyer. But my older sister was stressed writing research papers while I did one on procrastinated and did one Fri-Sunday DUE Monday I'm THAT GOOD (Got an A too!)