Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

mamamoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2014, 9:02 am

have you ever had experience that your child (in our case is about bullying at school, but some years ago) talks aloud about it...for example...please, not me...leave me alone...don´t,please...he hit my face that morning in classroom...etc.if we try to talkt to him about it he usualy doesn´t want to or answers something very little, a word or two...but soon starts to talk - to himself.he is on risperidone...doctors have their opinion about it, but it doesn´t realy help.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 4:21 pm

Sort of. DS was attacked by two bullies about six months ago, and he still talks about it often. He talks about what he would do if he saw them again (he has switched schools) and talks about how much he dislikes them. He even wrote a paper about them.

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 7:54 pm

People on the spectrum can be prone to relive experiences emotionally when they remember them. I don't know if NTs do.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 7:15 am

Well the bullying incident probably really bothered him, hence talking a lot about it and having a hard time moving past it....did the issue get resolved, or is he still having trouble with getting bullied?

mamamoo

03 Aug 2014, 11:24 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well the bullying incident probably really bothered him, hence talking a lot about it and having a hard time moving past it....did the issue get resolved, or is he still having trouble with getting bullied?

It stopped three years ago.We decided to homeshool him (well, sort of...that particular highshool had a possibility of really flexible schooling, so he could have do everything according his pace).But he still talks about these few boys.As we understand, it was more humiliating than phisycal.For a while we thought maybe some bigger accident happened and maybe he doesn´t want to say,but it seems it was all about making a laugh of him (sorry i´m not original english speaker)...teachers and other pupils thought so.Sometimes we wonder - is there something more we can do...or patience, support and time will do it´s thing.Therapies, so far, didn´t help.

aann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2014, 7:58 pm

I am NT, have been bullied, and do this some times. Bullying is very difficult to let go. People don't know this, and think "boys will be boys" I think there could be different answers, depending on the person. I find that I have to face it directly and deliberately replace those thoughts. Gets easier once I'm in the habit.

Gov
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2014, 10:01 am

I'm NT and was bullied occasionally in high school (most kids do get bullied) and one incident always had stood out to me. I still think about it today about 17 years later and how I would have and should have handled it differently. I won't go in to details here.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 2:38 pm

Having an actual conversation about something traumatic is uncomfortable. These private outbursts are how he deals with it. If you want to get a more direct story from him maybe try creating a social story with made up characters with him?

My son ended up venting a lot of things while "pacing." Some were real, others made up. His pacing was almost like a live-action dream sequence. Really interesting.

mamamoo

05 Aug 2014, 6:03 am

[quote="DW_a_mom"]Having an actual conversation about something traumatic is uncomfortable. These private outbursts are how he deals with it. If you want to get a more direct story from him maybe try creating a social story with made up characters with him?

My son ended up venting a lot of things while "pacing." Some were real, others made up. His pacing was almost like a live-action dream sequence. Really interesting.[/quote

thank you very much.even before , a few times, i remember you replying...always right in the middle of things that bothered us.this time too.