Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 1:10 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:

skibum: You're soooo right----we're blessed to have BOTH you and WP!! (wink)[/b][/color]

Awww, thanks Cat, and right back at you with that. :D

Wreck It Ralph

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 1:19 pm

"Texas Instruments would have never gotten huge due to the marketing of the original TI-30 calculator."

- second person in my fourth-grade class to have one of these and keep with me at all times.

edit==> I would leave it to recharge while I was watching Star Trek.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ulator.JPG

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 1:23 pm

Rebel_Nowe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
People would still suck at bathing cows. `-`

ftfy

I didn't write that. Way to change it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 1:27 pm

There would be no Muppets like Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, or Sesame Street.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 3:10 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Transyl wrote:
There would be no Pokemon.

Good. Satoshi Tajiri has an actual diagnosis, unlike some historical figures (or a few present day figures who are just keeping it to themselves).

Even if he didn't have a diagnosis it wouldn't be hard to believe. Pokemon is about collecting and being attached to bugs and animals. Pokemon trainers may not be inherently anti-social but many are more attached to their Pokemon than other people. Also the fact that the trainers stay the same as their Pokemon evolve could be seen as a commentary on someone with Asperger's finding it difficult, if not impossible, to change, though the world keeps changing around them. And then Pikachu chooses not to evolve because he wants to prove he can become stronger without evolving.

People can say if you look through a lens like this anything can seen seem to have autistic traits... but still Pokemon's worldview, especially through Ash's eyes, really reminds me of Asperger's. How even these creatures that mostly just say their name have their own personalities and are so different.

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2014, 7:33 pm

LupaLuna wrote:
I think that one of the main reason that "most" aspie have such high intelligence is not because we're born with some kind of so called super-brain, but rather because, the academic discipline just comes easy for us. If you think about it, we don't spend much time playing, working and socializing and therefore, we spend our time mostly doing other things.

Funny you should say that because academics has been pretty hard for me. I slogged way, way harder than my NT classmates and still did much worse than them in tests.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 8:54 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Inventor? Because he doodled in his notebook?

No, because he invented / built (and, was manufactured) an automated bobbin winder, and a machine for testing the tensile strength of wire.

I stand corrected.
Transyl wrote:
Also the fact that the trainers stay the same as their Pokemon evolve could be seen as a commentary on someone with Asperger's finding it difficult, if not impossible, to change, though the world keeps changing around them. And then Pikachu chooses not to evolve because he wants to prove he can become stronger without evolving.

And after all these years Ash still looks like a ten year old. A sad reflection off my life. I started watching it when I was ten and in some ways I still haven't grown up.
Transyl wrote:
How even these creatures that mostly just say their name have their own personalities and are so different.

Makes sense. If you have more than one cat or more than one dog you see they have markedly different personalities.

I remember the Pokemania of the late 90s. I watched the show, I played the Game Boy game but I couldn't for the life of me understand why so many other kids battled with trading cards. To me that was just a non video game version of a game that should be a video game.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 12:51 am

There would be no technology.