Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 2:53 am

skibum wrote:
Eloa wrote:
I do rock back and forward when sitting but when standing I rock with upper body side to side.
Me too

I do that to. I once had some one tell me they were going to hook me up to a turbine and solve the energy crises because I am never still.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 3:37 am

Halfmadgenius wrote:
skibum wrote:
Eloa wrote:
I do rock back and forward when sitting but when standing I rock with upper body side to side.
Me too

I do that to. I once had some one tell me they were going to hook me up to a turbine and solve the energy crises because I am never still.
LOL!! What a great idea. I could cut down on my electric bill if that could work! :D

Wreck It Ralph

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 9:32 am

I still do it. Even in public just much more subtley in that setting.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 2:03 pm

I still do this. I would do this when I am either stressed or listening to music, and I would often do this in private.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 2:07 pm

Still do it too, it's calming.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 2:50 pm

Also rock to sleep after I sit or get up each time.. Began side to side movement when standing in front of something.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 7:25 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I remember getting reprimanded for it in middle school. Maybe that's why I am drawn to kundalini yoga---lots of rocking involved. :D .

probably why I got into tai chi and qi gong. If I stand I can feel the movement within. I'm not supposed to pay any attention to it though :?

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm

guzzle wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I remember getting reprimanded for it in middle school. Maybe that's why I am drawn to kundalini yoga---lots of rocking involved. :D .

probably why I got into tai chi and qi gong. If I stand I can feel the movement within. I'm not supposed to pay any attention to it though :?

Kundalini yoga? Rowing? Tai Chi? I'm going to have to check all that out! I rock all the time -- sitting, standing, lying in bed. I've done it my whole life. Most of the time I'm not even aware that I'm doing it. I don't THINK it's completely due to stress -- although the more stressed out I am, the harder I rock -- because I find myself doing it when I'm just watching TV or some other sedate activity.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 11:38 pm

I've started letting myself rock back and forth whenever it feels good to do so. I started doing it a lot when I go to McDonalds for lunch every day. When I'm standing, I kinda rotate my upper body back and forth. It feels really good! :D

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 1:27 am

I do it on occasion sometimes subcouncoiusly

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 1:42 am

Eloa wrote:

That's exactly what I do. I use it a lot when stressed or going into sensory overload. Flapping is my go-to for severe anxiety, intense excitement, or building frustration.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 3:08 am

Lumi wrote:
Also rock to sleep after I sit or get up each time.. Began side to side movement when standing in front of something.

My dad told me after I asked him that I twist a lot when standing. I guess that means side to side. And like you said, rocking forward is what I do. Not back and forth like I said, but from sitting straight to leaning forward and repeating that movement.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 8:42 am

EzraS wrote:
Lumi wrote:

My dad told me after I asked him that I twist a lot when standing. I guess that means side to side. And like you said, rocking forward is what I do. Not back and forth like I said, but from sitting straight to leaning forward and repeating that movement.

Ezra, for me it is twisting too, but the word did not come up in my head.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 8:49 am

I enjoy rocking chairs, and rocking in general.

JetBuilder--I'm kind of thinking: rocking back and forth in McDonald's might not be such a great idea. The people who work at McDonald's, especially managers, might be ignorant folk. They might think you're a weirdo or something, and try to find ways to throw you out. I'm not condoning this at all--please remember that. But that's the reality of the world of Fast Food.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 9:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I enjoy rocking chairs, and rocking in general.

JetBuilder--I'm kind of thinking: rocking back and forth in McDonald's might not be such a great idea. The people who work at McDonald's, especially managers, might be ignorant folk. They might think you're a weirdo or something, and try to find ways to throw you out. I'm not condoning this at all--please remember that. But that's the reality of the world of Fast Food.

I've been going there for a long time and I've never had any problems there ( I make sure to not go to lunch during the lunch rush to avoid the loud kids). The employees there are nice and they know me by name.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 9:04 am

That's cool, JetBuilder!