Eligible Odd-Bods : USA, South-East; Florida to Delaware

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Spectacles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Aug 2014, 9:07 pm

Following Lace-Bane's lead (following Spongy's suggestion), I thought it'd be nice to get a thread started for those interested in finding others to date on the East Coast.

To keep the volume of respondents to a manageable size, I again followed Lace-Bane's lead by specifying what States this thread would include. Hopefully others will do the same for their respected "areas", making it easier to search closer to home. The division is merely for convenience's sake.

This thread is meant to include those from Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware.

The idea is the same as the original thread. Post a bit about yourself, let us know where you live (in whatever detail you feel comfortable with, though no exact addresses), and please include your age; though there's nothing wrong with different ages dating, this may be a relevant factor for some when deciding to message. Other relevant information may include sexual orientation or lack thereof.

I hope you have fun!

Spectacles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2014, 1:35 am

Okay, I'll start :).

I'm a guy with a book and a guitar. The book's usually non-fiction, and the music's usually jazz. I also like wine, pizza, beautiful scenery, and anything outdoorsey-related. I'm good at making up words that people understand and being misunderstood because of sarcasm. I hate events with big crowds, and events with small crowds. Ok, fine, I hate all crowds. I prefer small groups and one-on-one settings. I tell my French-speaking friends that I speak better English, and my English speaking friends that I speak French better: the truth is, I barely know either one of them :). I'm shy (surprise surprise!), have the humor of a 5 year old, the emotional maturity of a 12 year old, and the brains of Rocky Raccoon. Easy to get along with, with the perfect balance of cynicism, silliness and concern for social justice. I'm fairly feministy. I currently reside in the Shenandoah Valley, but have been around the world a bit (grew up outside the States). The rest is up to you to find out!

A few more details: I'm attracted to the more curvaceous sex, and in the style of Okstupid, am open to "friends, long-term, short-term, casual sex". I say 'open to' because I don't really have an agenda, but am fairly open with whatever direction a friendship may lead (that means asexuals are equally welcomed!).

Cerberus_01
Raven
Raven

27 Nov 2014, 3:00 pm

Hello,

My name is Chris, 25 M in Winchester, Virginia. Got out of the army a year ago and i'm working my way through college. I'm generally a laid back person that likes the outdoors to include hunting and fishing. I'm trying to be a aerospace engineer to get to work at NASA or some equivalent organization with the hope to see interplanetary colonization in my lifetime. Looking for a laid back and open minded girl who likes the outdoors and finding new adventures, not necessarily one that is a brainiac herself but one that isn't intimidated by intelligence (not to sound narcissistic but it's a common complaint I've received from the very few women in my life). Feel free to message me :)

alleviate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2015, 9:29 pm

Hello there! I'm Caroline. I'm 18 and attend college in NC. I really enjoy physics and marching band and also knit from time to time. I also enjoy being outdoors and with animals. I'm a physics major and intend to graduate two years from now and go on to get my PhD in either physics or possibly engineering. Then again, I may also go to med school later. I'm looking for someone between the ages of 18 and 25.

Other interesting facts about me include that I collect uranium glass (yes, it's safe), I have a 4 y/o Swiss Mountain Dog/Lab mix named Daphne, I play the euphonium and lots of other instruments including the piano, guitar, and viola, and I enjoy looking at abandoned buildings and learning about creepy Cold War stuff on occasion.

Ideally, a partner would either be an Aspie or an open-minded NT who can deal with me and my silliness. If you like physics, band, and dogs, I'm probably already in love with you. If you'd like to know more, visit my OkCupid profile! I'd definitely be open to talking as long as you're within my desired age range. :)

narcolepticpenguin
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2015, 8:38 pm

hello my name is tim,I am from southern ohio(kentucky is a 5 min drive)and I am tired of having brutally painful breakups and,I just want somebody who I can relate to and possibly come to care for. I am 24,I love the outdoors,I write books,as well as poetry,my autism allows me to see a world of rythms that I use to my advantage,if I can get back into college over the next few years I want to study my disorder,otherwise I will be a welder/writer.

yogiB1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jun 2015, 4:36 pm

Caucasian
Female
Age 23
Tennessee

Looking for people to connect with
Happy with whatever transpires :lol:

SamanthaBlake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jun 2015, 3:55 pm

my name is samantha
south florida
bi
looking for a friend and cuddle buddy
going through a really rough time .

Fox_of_Crutons
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Nov 2015, 1:19 pm

I'm Fox, 26 years old, height 6'0''.
I live in South Carolina. I have never
Had a girlfriend, because of my autism.

I like to read comic books,
Like the Knights of the Dinner Table.

And that's about it for now.

dyen11
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2016, 10:56 pm

Howdy y'all,

I'm a 22 year old male from Fairfax, Virginia. Currently attending my last year of college. I enjoy swing dancing, and transcendental meditation. Sometimes, I like to read books for hours and hours on end. I used to play the violin and love collecting different sorts of music ranging from jazz to Russian folk songs.

People say I'm a serious guy. But I'm a great listener with a sense of humor. After being in one relationship, I'm looking for someone with a big heart who can cheer me up when I'm down. I don't mind someone who talks a lot, as long as they don't dominate the conversation.

brandonb1312
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jan 2016, 3:10 am

Looking for a girl in texas around my age who has at least more than less of these charachistics (obviously you dont have to have them all)
Laid back
Likes rap (not primarily young thug or future or any of that type of style)
Hates gender roles
Only a few friends at most
Doesn't like sports
Not obsessed with physical appearance
Practical mixed with a dark sense of humor
Not emotional
Looks at things objectively
Doesn't get offended easily
Feels like a outsider
Finds it hard to blend in with the rest of the world
Likes to have fun and "be wild"
Finds many aspects of modern culture stupid (wearing suits and dresses, women revealing more, doesn't see why you shouldn't be able go to a wedding in a T-shirt and jeans)
Atheist
Hates stuck up people
at most 2-3 year age difference. (im 15 as opposed to my profile saying im 25 lol)

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

SeReavs
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Mar 2016, 9:05 pm

Hello!

I'm honestly not too comfortable about revealing my name or exact location at the moment, but I do would like to pipe up about other things around here.

I am a 21 year old college student who should be set to graduate by the end of this year. I ADORE playing videogames (mostly oldschool classics, RPGs and the like, to specify my taste in games) and I enjoy writing, walking, or swimming whenever the local pool is open. I consider myself a sensitive, compassionate fellow who may or may not have the mind of a woman at times, and some think that I can be a real sweetheart at times, which I can't argue with. With that said, I AM a straight-up heterosexual man looking for a lady with similar interests and who's more than willing talk about our feelings and feel like we're on equal ground, among other things!

But, honestly, i'd rather slowly open up and take time to know others online here before I completely dip all of my feet in the water. Hope you all understand, and hope this won't be a bust! It probably will be, but better that I tried to make a post here than not say anything at all, right...?

OAKDate
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2017, 2:01 pm

text removed

Derp88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2017, 2:39 am

I'm TJ. I'm 28, male, straight, from VA Beach, VA. I like to do nerd things and treat my cats like children. Avid MMA fan and former practitioner. I like to go outside when it is warm, snowy or gently raining. I am a moderate gamer and a craft beer snob who loves a good hipster bar. If I could trade the beach for the mountains, I would in a heartbeat; I also like working out, camping, fishing, and anything involving learning. Earned a BA in English two years ago. I want to be a writer, so far I'm just a department supervisor and spaceboy dreamer.

I've never met anyone else with Asperger's or related DD before (diagnosed this past Summer...). I would like to meet someone who does, simply as intimate but platonic/non-romantic friends. I'm still legally married until I can afford a divorce so I don't feel like dropping that baggage into someone's dating life. But I'd still like to meet people and learn & share.

TooManyMushrooms
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2017, 7:22 pm

Hi, I'm Tone. I'm a 24 year old light-skinned latino male living in Waynesboro, VA but I'm from Richmond and hope to move back there soon. 5'7", somewhere between 130-150 lbs (don't have a scale but I've lost weight recently, so yeah). Got a few tattoos and a pierced ear. Fairly quiet and aloof unless I've been drinking, but even then not a whole lot. Working on it though, I just enjoy listening more.

Favorite things are music, driving, hiking, and traveling/wandering in general. I'd be traveling constantly if I had the money.
Have a variety of other interests like art, reading, and animals. I get bored easily though, so I tend to obsess over something for a month or two then move on to something new.

Not really sure what I'm trying to accomplish with this, just kind of want to talk to new people

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2017, 1:36 pm

I'm in NC for a university program. My interests are math/science, photography (and other art) and the outdoors, though I don't go out in nature as much as I did when I lived on the West Coast because it's hard to find the same beauty here. I'm quite a creative/intuitive person--while I am making progress learning to "play by the rules" in my field of study, I very much have my own way of seeing things and enjoy speculative, novel ideas.

I'm interested in meeting a girl who like me feels young at heart, who isn't sure if she's ready yet for a serious adult relationship but wants to meet playful guys to share her world with in a meaningful way, go for walks, etc. While I wouldn't be closed off to dating another math/science person "just because", I generally am drawn to people who have complementary ways of seeing things. I love "dreamers", artsy people, people who think outside the box.

cirrusgwood
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Nov 2019, 12:57 pm

I'm quiet, but can hold a conversation. A bit socially awkward, but not bad. I don't melt down. I don't believe I'll ever have a relationship with a NT.

I'm fairly easy on the eyes.

I collect art.

I like listening to classical music and some rock.

I think a really cool idea for a date would be a book date. We bring our favorite book(s), hang out and read together, maybe read something to each other, have some cookies and milk. There would be a lot of silence, just being with each other.

I'm a light drinker. Alcohol and drugs are a red flag for me.