Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 8:35 am

khaoz wrote:
racism, alive and thriving in the good ole USA

http://www.takepart.com/article/2014/08 ... mpid=tp-fb

This surprises anyone... how?
Honestly, racism has been a part of U.S. history since the beginning. Unfortunately, it will continue to be a part of our society until we either become all robots, or time ends somehow. Someone will always think that they are better than others because of their supposed " superior " race.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 9:58 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Dillogic wrote:

The coverage of the incident was so biased towards one side to begin with that it's actually sickening, and it makes you wonder about agendas.

Sensationalism sells papers. I suspect that the police department's antagonism against the journalists may have a large hand in it, also. Arresting two journalists for trespassing at a McDonald's where they were paying customers? That's just pure stupidity, and possibly abuse of power. It seems to be business as usual for that PD until it made national headlines.

It's also an election year.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 11:29 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
khaoz wrote:
racism, alive and thriving in the good ole USA

of course ..

the television shows black people destroying a city .... what other conclusion did you think people would make ?

What if you are a business owner, do you think seeing black people destroy businesses makes you think hard before you open a business in a black neighborhood ?

I have seen the same in Detroit. A business owner will go on television and plead with black people not to destroy his store.

I have owned a business in the "hood." People open businesses in these areas because the rent is low. Black people own businesses in the "hood" too. You can become very wealthy from owning a business in this area, if you have the right temperament. I didn't. Money is not that important to me to go through that crap every day.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Aug 2014, 2:46 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I believe 4chan is trolling the comments on that fundraising site, just something I saw in passing through some news pages earlier today.

4chan basically started the whole thing and that's where most of money is coming from. They succeeded in rustling a lot of jimmies and getting mainstream coverage, mission accomplished for them. Can't help but laugh.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 7:43 pm

Raptor wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Quote:
While the media?s attention has been fixed on protests in Ferguson, Mo., fund-raising efforts for Darren Wilson, the police officer responsible for fatally shooting unarmed teenager Michael Brown, have been in full swing. In just five days a campaign on the crowdfunding platform GoFundMe has raised nearly $250,000 for Wilson?s legal defense. But several contributors have veered into racially charged hate speech, making nasty comments about Brown and African Americans as a whole and causing critics to call for GoFundMe to suspend the page.

More like an attempt to cut off someone's legal funding under the pretense of suppressing hate speech. :roll:

Noone is trying to stop his funding. This is not the only way to raise funds. I'm sure he will be getting lots of financial assistance from the KKK and all the other groups that helped Zimmerman with all the money he lied about having. Noone is going to be able to stop his funding. He has too many supporters

You're saying the KKK gave Zimmerman money?
Zimmerman is Hispanic.
The KKK has a long tradition of hatred toward Hispanics, too.

Yes, Zimmerman is Hispanic, AND Jewish, but during the shooting's aftermath and the trial, the perception among many Americans was that this was a case of a white man having shot a black kid. I don't know if the KKK had actually donated money to Zimmerman, but many of his supporters definitely saw it a white and black racial issue.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 7:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, Zimmerman is Hispanic, AND Jewish,

I thnk the Jewish part was speculation, for whatever reason I don't know.

Quote:
but during the shooting's aftermath and the trial, the perception among many Americans was that this was a case of a white man having shot a black kid. I don't know if the KKK had actually donated money to Zimmerman, but many of his supporters definitely saw it a white and black racial issue.

If it had been a black man shooting a white kid under the exact same circumstances we would have never have heard about it. It would have been local news story and a closed case from the get-go.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 8:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, Zimmerman is Hispanic, AND Jewish,

I thnk the Jewish part was speculation, for whatever reason I don't know.

Quote:
but during the shooting's aftermath and the trial, the perception among many Americans was that this was a case of a white man having shot a black kid. I don't know if the KKK had actually donated money to Zimmerman, but many of his supporters definitely saw it a white and black racial issue.

If it had been a black man shooting a white kid under the exact same circumstances we would have never have heard about it. It would have been local news story and a closed case from the get-go.

Actually, his father's family is Jewish.
And as for your second point - that very well might be correct.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 6:04 pm

Quote:
... and here come the racists

You're late. The Rev Al Sharpton has been there all along stirring the racial pot.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:07 pm

/\ Doesn't count.
It's only racism when it's whites being racist against blacks. Just ask any progressive.....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ Doesn't count.
It's only racism when it's whites being racist against blacks. Just ask any progressive.....

That's only what conservatives say about progressives.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm

/\ I've never heard you whining about racism against whites.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ I've never heard you whining about racism against whites.

Because blacks and other minorities rarely (if ever) have the social, economic, or police power to actually hurt whites. "Black racism" is something that Fox and Breitbart come up with in order to justify the prejudices of their audiences. Other than the case of the New Black Panthers loitering around a polling place (where they never actually stopped anyone from voting) give me legitimate cases of black racism actually oppressing anyone.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:47 pm

/\ :roll: We're talking about racism itself in the year 2014, not persecution in the days of old. Stop moving goal posts around to gain leverage you couldn't gain otherwise.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 9:00 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ :roll: We're talking about racism itself in the year 2014, not persecution in the days of old. Stop moving goal posts around to gain leverage you couldn't gain otherwise.

And I'm talking about how blacks are still viewed as more potentially criminal by both the police and the media - then justify everything from stop and frisk to fatal shooting of blacks by law enforcement. Or how they are less likely to be hired when looking for employment, and then are more likely to be called lazy takers for it by the conservative political machine. And that is taking place right now in 2014, even as I write this.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 9:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

I can give you dozens of quotes of progressives right here on WP claiming that anti-white racism is somehow less bad because of historical circumstances, etc, including you.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 9:11 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I can give you dozens of quotes of progressives right here on WP claiming that anti-white racism is somehow less bad because of historical circumstances, etc, including you.

And guess what - for the most part we're right. The only time when black racism can legitimately impact whites is during physical assault, which doesn't happen nearly as often as white racists have convinced themselves that it does. Show me where blacks have wielded significant enough political, economic, or police power to actually harm whites.