Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 9:11 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
That's only what conservatives say about progressives.

I can give you dozens of quotes of progressives right here on WP claiming that anti-white racism is somehow less bad because of historical circumstances, etc, including you.

And guess what - for the most part we're right. The only time when black racism can legitimately impact whites is during physical assault, which doesn't happen nearly as often as white racists have convinced themselves that it does. Show me where blacks have wielded significant enough political, economic, or police power to actually harm whites.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 9:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\ :roll: We're talking about racism itself in the year 2014, not persecution in the days of old. Stop moving goal posts around to gain leverage you couldn't gain otherwise.

And I'm talking about how blacks are still viewed as more potentially criminal by both the police and the media

Funny how even some black cops seem to feel the same way in some situations. I've definitely heard more than one black cop refer to the local black district as "n***ertown" and/or its inhabitants as "n******s" without smiling.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 9:46 pm

Raptor wrote:
I've definitely heard more than one black cop refer to the local black district as "n***ertown" and/or its inhabitants as "n******s" without smiling.

Blacks are allowed to use the N-word according to well-established social conventions.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I've definitely heard more than one black cop refer to the local black district as "n***ertown" and/or its inhabitants as "n******s" without smiling.

Blacks are allowed to use the N-word according to well-established social conventions.

That's not the point. They were using it to describe the observed conditions and people of certain parts of the city in an unflattering way.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 9:56 pm

Not necessarily. If he said n***a instead of n***er there is even more room for a positive interpretation.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 9:58 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\ :roll: We're talking about racism itself in the year 2014, not persecution in the days of old. Stop moving goal posts around to gain leverage you couldn't gain otherwise.

And I'm talking about how blacks are still viewed as more potentially criminal by both the police and the media

Funny how even some black cops seem to feel the same way in some situations. I've definitely heard more than one black cop refer to the local black district as "n***ertown" and/or its inhabitants as "n******s" without smiling.

And your point? Shows you how cops of any color are swayed by the institutional racism.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 10:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

And your point? Shows you how cops of any color are swayed by the institutional racism.

What it shows is that not everyone wears rose colored glasses and paints everyone of a certain demographic as merely "victims" of the white man.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 10:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
And guess what - for the most part we're right. The only time when black racism can legitimately impact whites is during physical assault, which doesn't happen nearly as often as white racists have convinced themselves that it does. Show me where blacks have wielded significant enough political, economic, or police power to actually harm whites.

I went to majority black schools up until high school, and it wasn't pleasant; should I have been comforted from the bullying and cruelty because in the long run, people who look like me had done far worse to people who looked like my antagonists?

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 11:05 pm

Do you think if Michael Brown was white he would've been pulled over in the first place? The cop didn't know about the alleged robbery.

I'm not asking you if Michael reached for the gun or threatened/provoked the cop. I'm not even asking if the shooting was justified given Michael's behaviour. Let's pretend we conceded all of those points to the Darren Wilson supporters.

Even with that information given do you think a white person would have been pulled over simply for jaywalking?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 11:30 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I went to majority black schools up until high school, and it wasn't pleasant; should I have been comforted from the bullying and cruelty because in the long run, people who look like me had done far worse to people who looked like my antagonists?

I already mentioned physical assault as one of the few actual instances of black on white racism.
Not to diminish the sh*t you had gone through, but was your skin color the only reason why you were hassled? I got a lot of crap while in school, and it was from assh*le jocks and bullies who all targeted me for my status as a schoolyard outcast.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 11:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I already mentioned physical assault as one of the few actual instances of black on white racism.
Not to diminish the sh*t you had gone through, but was your skin color the only reason why you were hassled? I got a lot of crap while in school, and it was from assh*le jocks and bullies who all targeted me for my status as a schoolyard outcast.

In my case, it was one of those well intentioned but ill thought out social policy experiments where the school district, in its infinite wisdom, chose to put the only second tier gifted program in the district in the worst school in the worst neighborhood of the city, perhaps thinking some sort of osmosis would occur. Sadly, that theory was proven false, and in the meantime, all the white, Jewish, and Asian kids in said program all went around with targets on our backs from the neighborhood kids. I get my revenge by taking their women. :lol:

Really though, try and think about what you're saying here, which is that intent is less important than impact; you're saying that the guy that tries to kill someone with a baseball bat because that's all he had is somehow morally superior to the guy who uses a gun, when in reality both guys are just as bad, one was just better equipped.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 11:54 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

In my case, it was one of those well intentioned but ill thought out social policy experiments where the school district, in its infinite wisdom, chose to put the only second tier gifted program in the district in the worst school in the worst neighborhood of the city, perhaps thinking some sort of osmosis would occur. Sadly, that theory was proven false, and in the meantime, all the white, Jewish, and Asian kids in said program all went around with targets on our backs from the neighborhood kids. I get my revenge by taking their women. :lol:

Really though, try and think about what you're saying here, which is that intent is less important than impact; you're saying that the guy that tries to kill someone with a baseball bat because that's all he had is somehow morally superior to the guy who uses a gun, when in reality both guys are just as bad, one was just better equipped.

I do believe impact is worse than intent, so I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree. Again, I'm not trying to diminish the sh*t you've gone through, as I fully understand what it feels like to be bullied and ridiculed.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 2:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I do believe impact is worse than intent, so I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree.

Why? If two guys point guns at each other and they both pull their trigger and one guy gets a misfire, you give that guy a pass? Or, looking at it politically, do you think that telling people that some types of bigotry are more acceptable than others is in any way helpful?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 3:07 am

If you are caucasian you are instantly racisist regardless of not wanting to be racist, the fact you are born that way means you are instantly racist and should be killed!That is how they view it anyway!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 3:19 am

^

Good thing I've got racist accusation kryptonite then.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 9:28 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I do believe impact is worse than intent, so I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree.

Why? If two guys point guns at each other and they both pull their trigger and one guy gets a misfire, you give that guy a pass? Or, looking at it politically, do you think that telling people that some types of bigotry are more acceptable than others is in any way helpful?

Because a police force pulling over blacks constantly just because they think blacks are inherently criminal does far more damage than a black bully hassling white kids. One isn't equal to the other.