Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 6:02 am

TallyMan wrote:
unless you live in a dark place all summer and don't venture outside, you can't get it in the summer.
Yes, stay indoors, heavy curtains, stare at a bright screen in a dark room, go outside at night. That sort of thing is pretty common in Australia. Also it might be that I tend to wake up earlier in winter.

Then again I can feel down at any time of the year.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 10:12 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Can SAD work in reverse? I feel a bit worse in the summer.

Yes it can according to the American Psychiatric Association, the group who comes up with psychiatric diagnoses in the U.S., but feeling worse in the summer is rarer, I think.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 10:31 pm

Yeah, it's rarer. I think it's believed to be caused by heat and humidity, instead of light deficiency. I suspect I may have both types. I am heat, humidity, and light-sensitive. I always get depressed when it starts to get hot, knowing a stretch of months of misery in front of me. It also means the return of bugs to mess w/ my bug phobia.

It's no wonder my mood is so bad in the spring. My light levels aren't back to normal before the heat and humidity show up, I'm getting an overlap. :idea:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 11:47 pm

It's bad enough being couped up indoors all day. At least in winter I can go outside but if I do need to venture out in summer... I hate it! The sun is so bright it reveals every detail of the deserted streets and dead grass. After being inside all day it hurts my eyes. Another thing I hate about summer new year's. It always makes me regret another wasted year.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 2:10 pm

where did we get all these weird syndromes anyway? oh wait it's genetic. that's why. since when do we have to have a normal mind anyway.