Asperger and Genetics, Or: Will My Kids Have It?

Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm

starvingartist wrote:
em_tsuj wrote:
Several thoughts;

To StarvingArtist: You go girl!

To the original poster: A person has the right to know if their offspring is at risk for developing a disabling genetic condition. To deprive a person of that choice is stealing from that person, trampling all over that person's rights. You do not have the right to deprive someone of the chance to give informed consent. Your rights end where another person's rights begin. Call you decisions what they are: selfish. You do not have an honest bone in your body. Do us all a favor and use birth control (not because you are autistic, but because you are evil).

it really really bothers me when socio/psychopaths come here claiming to be on the spectrum because they read somewhere that "autistic people can't connect with other people" and they think that would be a good community to hide themselves in--because they know that admitting the real problem that they can't connect with people (the sociopathy) would make them rather unpopular. besides, autism is trending so why not follow the trend and justify your evil selfish behaviour at the same time: "i can't help that i don't understand how to follow society's rules because i'm autistic, so i do awful things to people but it's not my fault because autism!"

:roll:

edit* to include: these parasites do real damage to the ASD community by misrepresenting us to others, so we end up getting unfairly associated with all kinds of awful behaviour in the media and in the public eye--i'm sick and tired of it.

I am still wondering if OP is a troll. The posts seem designed to rile people up.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 8:56 pm

ASDMommyASDKid wrote:
I am still wondering if OP is a troll. The posts seem designed to rile people up.

you know, i kind of hope i'm wrong and it is just a troll. because the alternative, that he means the things he's saying, is just....ugh.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 8:59 pm

It seems as if the OP has Russian President Putin as part of his Icon.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 9:53 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Wow. Just...wow, Charloz. I'll be plain here. You are a TERRIBLE person if you don't see why this is all so messed up -- rules to be broken, even when illegally? Lying by omission to a woman who has a right to KNOW, and any decent person would know that -- except you? Just freaking WOW....
I had the same thought (Wow) when reading this and the other thread.

starvingartist wrote:
you know, i kind of hope i'm wrong and it is just a troll. because the alternative, that he means the things he's saying, is just....ugh.
Exactly.

Charloz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Sep 2014, 12:55 am

starvingartist wrote:
em_tsuj wrote:
Several thoughts;

To StarvingArtist: You go girl!

To the original poster: A person has the right to know if their offspring is at risk for developing a disabling genetic condition. To deprive a person of that choice is stealing from that person, trampling all over that person's rights. You do not have the right to deprive someone of the chance to give informed consent. Your rights end where another person's rights begin. Call you decisions what they are: selfish. You do not have an honest bone in your body. Do us all a favor and use birth control (not because you are autistic, but because you are evil).

it really really bothers me when socio/psychopaths come here claiming to be on the spectrum because they read somewhere that "autistic people can't connect with other people" and they think that would be a good community to hide themselves in--because they know that admitting the real problem that they can't connect with people (the sociopathy) would make them rather unpopular. besides, autism is trending so why not follow the trend and justify your evil selfish behaviour at the same time: "i can't help that i don't understand how to follow society's rules because i'm autistic, so i do awful things to people but it's not my fault because autism!"

:roll:

edit* to include: these parasites do real damage to the ASD community by misrepresenting us to others, so we end up getting unfairly associated with all kinds of awful behaviour in the media and in the public eye--i'm sick and tired of it.

I was diagnosed as a child with Asperger's after a teacher in elementary informed my parents I displayed some of the symptoms of being on the spectrum. So don't spin this around to make it seem as if I am harming the community deliberately because I am not... I came here expecting just a little more understanding but I got very little of that.

Truth of the matter is: I am being discriminated against. Plain and simple. My genes are not worth passing on according to the sperm bank, so I say f**k those guys. I'm standing up for myself and my rights and then I get blasted for doing so? Not a lot of solidarity here. At least on the other thread with the poll I got a little bit of support still.

Charloz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Sep 2014, 12:57 am

WelcomeToHolland wrote:
What right? Nobody is entitled to a reproduction partner. If you can't find someone to reproduce with you, then you can't reproduce. Sucks to be you. If being truthful means nobody would want to reproduce with you then you have no one to reproduce with. That applies to everyone on the planet.

If me being truthful means no one wants to reproduce with me, then me being truthful equals me being stupid as I'd just end up screwing myself and my own interests over just because of 'honesty'. That's one part of autism I never understood, the honesty part. Like you are supposed to be super honest but when you are being honest, NT people end up screwing you over. :roll:

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 4:22 am

Charloz wrote:
What 'condition'? It's just Asperger's. It's not cancer or Ebola. I'm afraid she'll say something like "lets adopt" or whatever if I tell her. So I remain silent on the subject. As is my right.

This is manipulation: you are withholding information that you think could change her mind about things.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 5:52 am

I'm with you guys who sincerely hope this guy is just a troll trying to rile people. The beliefs he is talking about are basically genetic guerrilla warfare carried out with maximum impact by using sperm banks. That has to be highly illegal given the deliberate agenda.

I'm wondering if there's any way to alert authorities to this man, just in case this IS all for real?

Police have tracked down people online for serious harassment offences, perhaps they can be interested in the posts of someone who is admitting to what may be a crime of fraud against the sperm bank?

Once more I state, there is nothing wrong in passing along ASD genes -- but, as many here say, the choice to do so with the best (informed) person to lovingly raise that child is the key thing missing here in the OP's warfare on this.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 6:27 am

OP

ASD refers to "Autism Spectrum Disorder" on these forums NOT "Anti-Social Disorder" as it does on some other forums. You seem to be confused.

Most people here are NOT going to validate you.

What you have done is wrong and goes well beyond the telling of a white lie. It's obvious you are simply seeking to hurt people and really didn't care much about reproducing. Worry about spreading AS genes is a ridiculous premise, there are obviously plenty floating about when 1 in 68 children is born with it. It seems much more likely that you have an ax to grind with people and a process that you have focussed on as "discriminatory."

Charloz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Sep 2014, 7:51 am

CWA wrote:
ASD refers to "Autism Spectrum Disorder" on these forums NOT "Anti-Social Disorder" as it does on some other forums. You seem to be confused.

So basically you are saying that I cannot have Asperger's simply because I did something you find reprehensible? Kind of the easy way out, me thinks. Strange way of thinking...

CWA wrote:

A few did. Some publicly, maybe one or two. Others anonymously in my poll (4 people) and two others in PM because they fear other members' judgement. But I am not the only person who agrees with my train of thought, or at the very least understands where I am coming from. That, for me, is enough validation. To know that at least a handful of people here understands, even if the majority still doesn't.

CWA wrote:
What you have done is wrong and goes well beyond the telling of a white lie. It's obvious you are simply seeking to hurt people and really didn't care much about reproducing. Worry about spreading AS genes is a ridiculous premise, there are obviously plenty floating about when 1 in 68 children is born with it. It seems much more likely that you have an ax to grind with people and a process that you have focussed on as "discriminatory."

It's not AS genes I am worried about, but my own. The larger number of offspring I have the larger the chance of my own personal genes surviving into the generations to come. If I told my fiancée about my condition she may refuse to have biological children with me, fearing to pass on autism. If the sperm banks also refuse me that means I'll die childless. Not a risk I am willing to take, hence me remaining silent on certain issues for my own good.

And yes the process IS discriminatory. Sperm banks discriminate against gay and autistic people. Now if a gay person stands up for himself in such a way I am sure he'd be hailed as a hero, but when I as an autistic man does it I am burned to the ground, even on a site for autistic people... :roll:

Charloz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Sep 2014, 8:01 am

trollcatman wrote:
This is manipulation: you are withholding information that you think could change her mind about things.

She pretty much said to me, out right: "If I knew I am the carrier of a genetic disorder I would just adopt or seek a donor". She LITERALLY said that after we saw some program. Any chance of me being honest about my AS kind of went out the window at that point...

BirdInFlight wrote:
I'm with you guys who sincerely hope this guy is just a troll trying to rile people. The beliefs he is talking about are basically genetic guerrilla warfare carried out with maximum impact by using sperm banks. That has to be highly illegal given the deliberate agenda.

Has to be, or is? Either way it doesn't matter as the sperm has already been donated and I'll donate some more tomorrow; I have regular appointments. Nothing you can do about it at this point, and why would you? Chances are all the babies are NT anyway. ;)

BirdInFlight wrote:
I'm wondering if there's any way to alert authorities to this man, just in case this IS all for real?

Oh but IS all for real. And no, there is no way. And there's also no point because it would only harm the parents and the children to know at this point, as they may become very paranoid and the paranoia may damage the children. They probably aren't autistic anyway, but you may be putting ideas in the parents heads which is potentially harmful.

BirdInFlight wrote:
Police have tracked down people online for serious harassment offences, perhaps they can be interested in the posts of someone who is admitting to what may be a crime of fraud against the sperm bank?

I don't think so. There's no fraud going on, there's no money in it for me (not on a large scale anyway) and it's not even known for a fact whether or not autism is REALLY 100% certain hereditary.

[quote="BirdInFlight"Once more I state, there is nothing wrong in passing along ASD genes -- but, as many here say, the choice to do so with the best (informed) person to lovingly raise that child is the key thing missing here in the OP's warfare on this.[/quote]

Like I said before, I will repeat it again: there is a very big chance someone who knows of my ASD would refuse to procreate with me. And that is not a chance I am willing to take. I will NOT be discriminated against by the policies and motivations of ignorant and cruel NT people. I had too much of that in the past.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 8:16 am

Charloz wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

She pretty much said to me, out right: "If I knew I am the carrier of a genetic disorder I would just adopt or seek a donor". She LITERALLY said that after we saw some program. Any chance of me being honest about my AS kind of went out the window at that point...

So when you impregnate her you are doing so against her will, because she already made it clear that in that case she would prefer to adopt. It would be more ethical to tell her, maybe she will change her mind because obviously she does not view you as a disabled person. But even if she doesn't the choice should be hers.

BTW, if you want to save AS people from extinction, good luck. It's likely that one day they'll be able to recognize it in unborn children and I think you know what happens next (somewhere around 90% of Down Syndrome children are aborted).

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 8:43 am

Charloz wrote:
CWA wrote:

So basically you are saying that I cannot have Asperger's simply because I did something you find reprehensible? Kind of the easy way out, me thinks. Strange way of thinking...

I didn't say that. You could definately have both. I'm saying aspergers is probably not the most concerning feature about you. It would be the sociopathy. The fact that you came here for validation is what made me think you MUST have the wrong forum. Not to mention, people with autism don't want to be associated with this type of thinking and behavior, so yes I'm going to attribute it to ANYTHING else. Autism doesn't make a person a sociopathic a-hole.

Charloz wrote:
CWA wrote:

A few did. Some publicly, maybe one or two. Others anonymously in my poll (4 people) and two others in PM because they fear other members' judgement. But I am not the only person who agrees with my train of thought, or at the very least understands where I am coming from. That, for me, is enough validation. To know that at least a handful of people here understands, even if the majority still doesn't.

Yes. A few. See here I said "Most". Most won't validate. The few who do? Either not very bright, or seriously scarred. Most people with half a brain can see how wrong this is and how obviously disordered your thinking is.

Charloz wrote:
CWA wrote:

It's not AS genes I am worried about, but my own. The larger number of offspring I have the larger the chance of my own personal genes surviving into the generations to come. If I told my fiancée about my condition she may refuse to have biological children with me, fearing to pass on autism. If the sperm banks also refuse me that means I'll die childless. Not a risk I am willing to take, hence me remaining silent on certain issues for my own good.

And yes the process IS discriminatory. Sperm banks discriminate against gay and autistic people. Now if a gay person stands up for himself in such a way I am sure he'd be hailed as a hero, but when I as an autistic man does it I am burned to the ground, even on a site for autistic people... :roll:

The fact that you donate your genetic material JUST to spread your genes and are dishonest about your medical history in order to do so and NOT to you know, help people combined with the fact that you think you have some special right to reproduce- this just oozes with narcissism.

Really? Comparing autism to being Gay? Thats a stretch. A big one. If every autistic person had aspergers... I'd totally agree, it's discriminatory. Fact is they aren't. Fact is, many of US are low functioning.

It would be one thing to fight for the right to have "autism" or "aspergers" on the survey and allow parents to CHOOSE if they want that sperm. But that isn't what you are doing or have done. You have utterly removed that choice from their hands and have forced it upon them.

Fact of the matter is, I'm not sure why you are posting. You don't care. You seem to ask for validation, or opinions, but when people give them you continually assert that you mist be right and can't possibly be wrong. It's disgusting TBH and again, reeks of narcissism. Im hoping you are troll because it's scary to think people like you actually exist.

Also, you really aren't very bright to think that you might not get caught after posting about this on the internet. You aren't actually anonymous. There is this thing called an IP address.

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 9:15 am

trollcatman wrote:
Charloz wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

So when you impregnate her you are doing so against her will, because she already made it clear that in that case she would prefer to adopt. It would be more ethical to tell her, maybe she will change her mind because obviously she does not view you as a disabled person. But even if she doesn't the choice should be hers.

BTW, if you want to save AS people from extinction, good luck. It's likely that one day they'll be able to recognize it in unborn children and I think you know what happens next (somewhere around 90% of Down Syndrome children are aborted).

And if she does not want a disabled child, and has made that clear, there is a good probability she will be a ******y parent, if she gets one. She has made it clear that is not what she wants. So, that child may be doomed to some very rough times ahead.

(Assuming this is true and not trolling b/c the very point of these posts could be to get horrified responses. One of the posts referenced two children, and the other referenced three. Inconsistency+obviously inflammatory posts = Good chance of trolling. It makes me confused as how to post to Mr. Winking Putin. On the one hand I do not want to feed a troll, on the other hand I feel obligated to say things in case.)

From this thread:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt266335.html
Charloz wrote:
I am the biological father of three children, three boys. I wonder how big the chance is of them developing Asperger? I heard many things are genetic... but genes don't always work the way you think they would. For example: the facial hair you can grow as a man doesn't depend on your father's genes, but those of your maternal grandfather. I wonder if it's the father or the mother's genes that are the strongest factor in determining autism. I wonder if it skips generations, or is a parent-child thing. And of course, statistics...

Anyone here can shed a light on this? Any autistic people here with children, and if so, are they autistic? Are some NT? How many are NT, how many AS? I am curious to know and think this is an important issue to discuss, also for future reference.

From the other thread:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt266286.html
Charloz wrote:
Rocket123 wrote:
tarantella64 wrote:
Just go back and tell the place about your diagnosis.

I concur.

Already had two children through sperm donation and have zero intentions of informing said bank. I need my AS genes to survive into the next generations, and full disclosure means I would not be accepted. Some sperm banks don't accept gay guys, either... I say if you are autistic or gay, lie about it and trick the normie system. It's ridiculous double standards keeping our genes from being spread. It's discrimination, pure and simple.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 10:34 am

^^^ Could be two children from the sperm bank and one child the natural way?

Charloz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Sep 2014, 10:52 am

trollcatman wrote:
^^^ Could be two children from the sperm bank and one child the natural way?

Two with the sperm bank, a third with a woman I met online who wanted to have a child as a single mother. I provided in that need. Two plus one makes three. But I did not want to get so in-detail about it.

Anyway, there's more on the way via the sperm bank, and I will make a few more the natural way as well. NT eugenics can't stop me. And yes it is immoral, probably. But not any more immoral then denying my genes as if they are somehow "faulty". Because that is eugenics and I'm having none of that Nazi stuff. :roll: