Mother talks about killing her autistic daughter and herself

Page 16 of 16 [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 8:15 pm

What would you have accomplished by lynching this woman? We could form a real mob, march into that super rich Scarsdale suburb she lives in, grab her, rip her clothes off, hang her via her wrists to a tree, and party around a bonfire while the fire ants sting her to death. And we could do all this while her two young daughters beg you piteously to let the only mother they know go.

Your blood lust viciousness disgusts me.

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Mar 2007, 9:05 pm

sun_rat wrote:
i finally watched the video clips in question here and followed other links on you tube where i found this.

an answer to both autism speaks and GRASPs articles of understanding

the video is also on youtube but youtube doesn't contain the audio transcription, which the above link does.

did you know the person in that video is anbuend who posted 2 posts right above you?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

09 Mar 2007, 9:18 pm

Well I was concern how so many people miss the big picture. The lady on the video and her situation is not the point. The problem is using worst case situations as a means
for an organization to raise money.

People just can not seem to make that obsevation they can only seem to focus on one
troubled lady and her situation.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 9:23 pm

Zeno wrote:
What would you have accomplished by lynching this woman? We could form a real mob, march into that super rich Scarsdale suburb she lives in, grab her, rip her clothes off, hang her via her wrists to a tree, and party around a bonfire while the fire ants sting her to death. And we could do all this while her two young daughters beg you piteously to let the only mother they know go.

Dude, that's not the point. The point is that there is a woman out there who has expressed a desire to commit a murder/suicide with her child who happens to be autistic. I'd report any mother who said that whether there was an NT kid, autistic kid, or disabled kid, or whatever kind of kid.

The fact that she is going on record to say that publicly so that she can raise money for her sketchy organization just makes it worse.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 9:35 pm

janicka wrote:
Zeno wrote:

Dude, that's not the point. The point is that there is a woman out there who has expressed a desire to commit a murder/suicide with her child who happens to be autistic. I'd report any mother who said that whether there was an NT kid, autistic kid, or disabled kid, or whatever kind of kid.

The fact that she is going on record to say that publicly so that she can raise money for her sketchy organization just makes it worse.

She's not the only one who deserves to be aimed at. There's something wrong with that whole organization if they would release that.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 9:54 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
Well I was concern how so many people miss the big picture. The lady on the video and her situation is not the point. The problem is using worst case situations as a means
for an organization to raise money.

People just can not seem to make that obsevation they can only seem to focus on one
troubled lady and her situation.

They are actually two separate issues. People can raise money for whatever they want in this country and they always use the worst scenarios to get support. It would be the same thing if they were trying to get money for the Humane Society. This issue is more real to us because we have a stake in it. That makes it personally heinous to us, but not particularly out of the ordinary behavior in the overall scheme of charity fund raising.

The second issue has nothing to do with the woman and everything to do with the child. The woman is <insert potential abuser name here> to me. I have no feelings about her at all. I could really care less how that makes anyone feel. All it does point out is why abuse goes on and on without end. While that may be sad, it certainly isn't surprising. There will always be some people who would rather do anything than see it for what it is and name it as such. I don't have the time or inclination to deal with them.

This thread was about the mother wanting to kill her daughter. There's another thread that was started about the organization. They may be talking more about the fundraising tactics over there. That might be where you find that focus, Machine.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 9:56 pm

KimJ wrote:
As someone who knows firsthand the effects and faces of Munchausen, I doubt very much that these women have this disorder. Their behavior is based in social conditioning, what they are expected to expect when having a child. Think about the things they complained about. Things, roofs, schools, parties, bagels. Things.
People who have Munchausen are totally different. They seek control and attention for their own sake. Some of them manipulate for money (insurance fraud or charity) but mostly it's parents that are obsessed psychologically.
I think some of the discussion has just gotten off track here.
Those kids on the video are surely autistic and their parents want rid of it. Not the other way around.

Kimj,

Munchausen is when you hurt YOURSELF, or get sick, or claim to have an illness, or some mishap for attention. It is for attention or fame, NOT money! Munchausens by PROXY is exactly the same except ANOTHER gets hurt or is hurt by the act. Technically, you won't have your own autistic child like this to have munchaunsens by proxy, and it certainly isn't munchausens.

Hey, I'm all for getting rid of the problems some autistic kids have. I'm sure everyone here is. I'm happy that I have relatively few problems and I can truthfully say I am just different and not actually suffering. HECK, today I caught myself in 4 of the steriotypical talks about ones interests. I liked it! They were on topic, people learned something, and they appreciate me more for it! The problem is when people act like autism is 100% problems, want to "cure" it, or even want to get rid of the kids.

Steve

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 10:17 pm

Steve, I know, I abbreviated to save time and because I was describing the phenomenon of faking/causing illness for psychological reasons. Doing it to another is Munchausen by Proxy.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 12:13 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
She's not the only one who deserves to be aimed at. There's something wrong with that whole organization if they would release that.

I agree with that statement 100%.

I was responding to the accusation that this thread is a lynch mob against the lady in the video.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 8:54 am

GoatOnFire wrote:

I agree. This video seems to imply its OK to kill your autistic kids if you have no NT child to take care of (or if you don't think you NT child needs you [they have another care taker])... it should be taken off Autism Speaks website, I have no idea why they would even leave something with that kind of wording on it on so long....

But I am not for starting a war with the "curbies"... I don't think anyone (else) has to get hurt over a stupid video.

Last edited by Raph522 on 10 Mar 2007, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

sun_rat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Mar 2007, 8:55 am

alex wrote:
sun_rat wrote:
i finally watched the video clips in question here and followed other links on you tube where i found this.

an answer to both autism speaks and GRASPs articles of understanding

the video is also on youtube but youtube doesn't contain the audio transcription, which the above link does.

did you know the person in that video is anbuend who posted 2 posts right above you?

no. i had no clue.

sorry if posting that was inappropriate.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 6:17 pm

My apology for mentioning race and creed, it was 1957, and I who am not all white, a Redbone, went to an all white school. Many of my teachers thought I did not belong there, race and creed were combined at the time.

There were white aspies and worse, there was no question about them belonging. My ability in Math, Science, and Reading made them feel inferior to someone judged inferior. Getting rid of me improved morale, and self esteem. Now a proper person had the highest score, still ten points below my record, but I was gone.

Everyone wants their team to win. Race, creed, and political system are but rallying points. I do think I have been treated differently, how many here have expressed their views, and had the response, "What race are you?" It started in grade school and continued in the university. When I replied, "Human" they felt they had won? Not of our group was the defining issue.

The dominant culture of the time thought I had been created to serve them, that they were The Chosen.
All they had on me were numbers, they are still trying, and I have never been left in peace. They are also losing on all fronts. Ungawa Bawana, you got Great White Hunter Syndrome! All in favor say Ugh!

The vote was 5.5 Billion to 500 Million, as you were never good with numbers, I will tell you, 92% Ugh.

Here I seek a group not defined by who they exclude, something like Panhumanism.

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2007, 7:46 am

Don't think that they won't do it to white people. As far as I know they thought of me as white, in fact, my complexion was at least as pale as anyone else and some of my ancestry is still unknown, in other words, no non-white or Hispanic ancestry, and they treated me like dirt for being from the wrong side of the tracks.

I started school in 1965 and was considerably brighter than anyone else. They took care of that.