Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2014, 7:17 pm

I hate Aspergers because not the way others have treated me but because of the constant lack of focus, burnout and stress I experience. Couple this with my Co-morbid physical neurological disorder and I feel too weak for this world and socially. My Co-morbid affects all my day to day activities. I want to overcome my difficulties but I have too much going on at the same time. I really feel like I want to start life over in a new city with no commitments sometimes. I hate life and its author, God sometimes.

Sodorcitizen
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Sep 2014, 7:53 pm

Hello Kelly, I understand what you going through. The worst thing that you can be is alone in a crowd. But don't lose faith, I'm sure that you'll eventually find people to talk to, may not be as many as you like, but they are there.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2014, 7:09 pm

I have only known that I have Asperger's for the past 4 or 5 months, but I pretty much hate it too. I hate the depression and obsessions that go with it. People ask me why I think about things that make me feel bad? Duh, I don't want to, I wouldn't if I could control my thoughts. That is just a symptom my disorder. I also hate the way it screwed up my social life growing up, although I guess I can't conceptualize what it would be like being popular since that didn't happen to me. Still, it looks like it would have been lots of fun and less painful than what I experienced.

Sodorcitizen
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm

Trust me, from what I've seen of 'celebrity', its overrated at best. I do sometimes wish I had a better social life, though I believe my extremely rural location plays more of a role in that. I would deeply advise that you seek correct psychological aid with regards to your depression, also make sure you know the relevant helplines should you start to have darker thoughts. I'll try this, its okay to be comfortable in your own company, generally if you can feel confident on your lonesome it should overlap to social experience, please don't hold me to that though.

SC - with love.