Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 3:29 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I like dark humour, satire and like intelligent humour(sometimes with irony) that gets you thinking....not sure the last one is a specific catagory but best way I could describe it. And of course animals doing funny things is always great.

Yes, I also like dark humour and satire. I like the humor in black comedies like Crime and Punishment.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2014, 4:09 pm

I think I like surreal, nonsensical humour the best - humour that forces together unrelated ideas to create something new. Examples would be: The Goon Show, Tex Avery Cartoons, Spike Millgan's "Q" Series, Monty Python (of course), The Young Ones, Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer, Father Ted, Eddie Izzard and The Mighty Boosh.

I prefer humour that is quite warm-hearted. I don't get the appeal of shock comedians like Bill Hicks and George Carlin - Firstly, I'm not actually shocked by them and second, I'm often already in agreement with the point they are putting across. They just seem too much like bullies to be.

I can appreciate some dark and gruesome humour (like The League of Gentlemen).

I can't stand those teenage comedies where everyone is out to get laid (American Pie and Porkies) - they just remind me how awful that period of my life was.

Finally, as a Brit raised on a diet of Carry On movies, Benny Hill and Are You Being Served, I just can't say "no" to a nice big juicy double entendre.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 6:11 pm

Immature and dark, fart jokes, sexual innuendo, puns. but somethings are really not funny to others but ill be in tears laughing.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Sep 2014, 6:57 pm

I'm being told that my humor is witty and sarcastic. I'm not sure about that but my latest attempt of humor was the following (last Friday).

Colleague: Our budget will not be approved until the next session of Congress, so I hope they get the job done this time.

Me: Ha! You used 'Congress' and 'job' in the same sentence. That's funny.

Colleague: *laughs*