Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2014, 5:46 am

I think I might have this. Not sure though. Anyone else?

Quote:
Schizotypal autism or Mendelsohnn's Syndrome is an extremely rare neurodevelopmental disorder[1] similar to Asperger syndrome however it originates from a schizotypal continuum rather than an autistic spectrum. It is characterized by impaired social interaction, non-verbal communication, ritualistic and obsessive behaviour, an above average intelligence and schizotypal symptoms often resulting in secondary depression and anxiety. It is a lifelong condition however it becomes particularly notable in periods of stress. It occurs in North Eastern European populations, and is only officially recognised in Russia, Finland, Kyrgyzstan, Estonia and Belarus as a psychiatric disorder.

more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_autism

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2014, 5:24 pm

Intresting I know my more difficult 'autism' traits are much more apparent and difficult when I am stressed...and before I got diagnosed with aspergers but considering perhaps I had it I also had looked up schizotypal PD and thought maybe that explained it....in retrospect the autism seemed to make more sense....but yeah if I am not stressed people wouldn't really know there is anything 'wrong' with me aside from I still come off as a bit odd to people but that is ok.

Though beings I am in the U.S a diagnoses of that would not help any, except if it where a good fit maybe offer better explanation....but for SSI I need diagnoses that are relevent here obviously, seems interesting to look up either way. But I remember looking at the diagnostic criteria for autism and scizotypal PD...and there was stuff the autism didn't explain that where listed as symptoms of that so Idk but its intresting.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2014, 11:27 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Intresting I know my more difficult 'autism' traits are much more apparent and difficult when I am stressed...and before I got diagnosed with aspergers but considering perhaps I had it I also had looked up schizotypal PD and thought maybe that explained it....in retrospect the autism seemed to make more sense....but yeah if I am not stressed people wouldn't really know there is anything 'wrong' with me aside from I still come off as a bit odd to people but that is ok.

Though beings I am in the U.S a diagnoses of that would not help any, except if it where a good fit maybe offer better explanation....but for SSI I need diagnoses that are relevent here obviously, seems interesting to look up either way. But I remember looking at the diagnostic criteria for autism and scizotypal PD...and there was stuff the autism didn't explain that where listed as symptoms of that so Idk but its intresting.
When I have been on this forum, which isn't very much, I have felt somewhat different from most. I thought I might have mild schizophrenia or the beginning stages of schizophrenia. And I have also felt somewhat different from most people I've met in real life that are diagnosed with asperger's. For example I have posted threads on this forum about occult/supernatural/conspiracy etc. stuff and that seems to be more what someone with schizotypal is into. So I don't know either. I think psychiatry with their diagnoses is fumbling in the dark anyway, trying to make sense of things they have no clue about. I do get a lot worse when stressed too. I'm "odd" too, which has led to me becoming more or less totally detached from the world. Total loner. I find it interesting that it said this "disorder" occurs primarily in Finland and northeastern Russia. I live in Sweden so that's close to Finland. Sweden might possibly count as "northeastern Europe", although I never hear anyone say that, they always say just northern Europe. I have no idea why it would be restricted to one specific geographic area. "Northeastern European populations" might include people of that descent that live elsewhere too, I don't know. As for the high intelligence that was mentioned I don't know if I have that or not. I think I might have had asperger's before I tried cannabis and it shifted over to schizotypal autism when I tried cannabis a few times. I like the shift, the world got more interesting. I hope I'm not outing my identity by writing about this condition, if it is so rare. Not for the cannabis but in general. Anyway, f**k it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 3:20 am

I find cannabis helps the unplesantries and can make things more entertaining/interesting which is nice.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I find cannabis helps the unplesantries and can make things more entertaining/interesting which is nice.
I don't use cannabis at the moment. But it seems like cannabis catalyzed a permanent change in my mind, not just when I use it. Some say cannabis can trigger schizophrenia. It seems like something of that nature happened to me. However, I think they're deceiving people, because the change has been positive.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2014, 1:23 pm

this sounds somewhat like me except for the high iq part

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2014, 2:41 pm

tomato wrote:
I have no idea why it would be restricted to one specific geographic area.

In psychology, what is normal/abnormal is typically determined by comparison to the culture of that area. Maybe there is something about Eastern European culture that makes this condition stand out. Also, if it is at all genetic, there could be something about Eastern European genetic heritage that makes it more common there, thus psychologists in other regions may not have enough available cases to categorize it as a distinct condition.

Myrtonos
Raven
Raven

04 Oct 2014, 9:26 pm

So this syndrome seems to be a cross between ASD and a mental illness.

I myself have Eastern European (Jewish) ancestery, and I have wondered if I too I am different from most who are on here. I needed an aide in school, and judging from how late many people here were diagnosed, it seems that many went through school normally, and if they had social success, they acheived it without mentors. Sometimes I do have slight mentally ill type thoughts, though no real hallucinations. I have needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to problems, and as far as I know, most aspies, especially female ones, don't seem to do this.
Also, while I have heard that aspies tend to think more logically than neurotypicals, I've been seen as if I think less rationally, primarily on railpage, then even a lot of non-apsies, I mean anyone who not only went through school normally, etc, but is also undiagnosed.
If a person with asperger's is an aspies, can anyone think of a term for a person with Mendelsohnn's Syndrome?

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2014, 10:00 am

The description of this disorder sounds just like me. I am of Norwegian lineage. There are other theories about schizotypal symptoms and Aspergers Syndrome though. Some scientists and psychiatrists think that 25 per cent of ppl with Asprgers syndrome experience late onset psychotic symptoms. There have also been findings that it seems common for ppl who are on the autism spectrum to experienced isolated psychotic episodes during adolescence.

Cannabis affects me very negatively. I believe this is because i am not neurotypical.

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2014, 3:02 pm

The description of this disorder sounds just like me. I am of Norwegian lineage. There are other theories about schizotypal symptoms and Aspergers Syndrome though. Some scientists and psychiatrists think that 25 per cent of ppl with Asprgers syndrome experience late onset psychotic symptoms. There have also been findings that it seems common for ppl who are on the autism spectrum to experienced isolated psychotic episodes during adolescence.

Cannabis affects me very negatively. I believe this is because i am not neurotypical.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 11:47 pm

My personal view is that psychiatry is fumbling in the dark as I said.

Quote:
'Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In
the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no
words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed, will be
expressed by exactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its
subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten. Already, in the Eleventh Edition,
we're not far from that point. But the process will still be continuing long after you
and I are dead. Every year fewer and fewer words, and the range of consciousness
always a little smaller. Even now, of course, there's no reason or excuse for
committing thoughtcrime. It's merely a question of self-discipline, reality-control.
But in the end there won't be any need even for that. The Revolution will be
complete when the language is perfect. Newspeak is Ingsoc and Ingsoc is
Newspeak,' he added with a sort of mystical satisfaction. 'Has it ever occurred to
you, Winston, that by the year 2050, at the very latest, not a single human being will
be alive who could understand such a conversation as we are having now?'

I have been wondering if the West is actually nothing other than hell. In the past people prayed towards the East and thought the garden of Eden was in the East. There is an expression:

Quote:
go west
1. (old-fashioned) if something goes west, it is destroyed or lost My watch went west when I accidentally dropped it on a concrete floor. That's my chance of seeing the game gone west!
2. (British & Australian old-fashioned) if someone goes west, they die He went west in a plane crash.

A big ego appears to be what is characteristic for the West, and some say the ego and the Devil are synonymous. And that the Devil is a twister of minds.

However I think hell and the Devil serve a purpose. It seems like you have to work your way out of it though, which seems to be the same as spiritual initiation, something it appears you must be chosen for. At least for me it felt like I was chosen for that, and then I realized how full of lies and deception our information landscape is. Prior to that I had been only disturbed. For me it was the moment I realized I was blessed, not cursed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ihydEG4kk[/youtube]

Schizpergers
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2014, 5:40 am

This completely fits me, but it's not really a new concept. It's just a new term for co-morbid asperger's and schizotypal. Multiple Complex Developmental Disorder is another similar concept. It's not as rare as Wikipedia says because it simply isn't normally diagnosed as that term and most of us will just receive co-morbid diagnoses. Even if autism and schizophrenia were completely unrelated (although I think they are related) The chances of having both would be around 1 in 10,000 assuming each condition is 1 in 100.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2014, 8:37 am

I have this as well. I always thought it was due to my traumatic childhood/adolescence. I'm not diagnosed officially with schizotypal though I have so many symptoms and like others have mentioned here it fits too well and explains more than just Asperger's.

It's possible people with autism can develop very maladaptive coping mechanisms; I know I have many.... due to naivete.

I live in fear for the future even though I've seen what it all really is.... just a very strange place to be inside oneself, still trying to hold onto the "truth" while living the Truth. (if that makes any sense -- this is talking about how the information we hold as truth is only pointing to truth.)

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 6:03 am

The more I read about psychiatry, the more I think the differences between disorders are made up.

There is autism, where also mild psychotic symptoms are more common than in the general population. Than you have McDD, what's kind of a mixture of autism and schizophrenia, than now Schizotypal autism and of course Schizotypal PD, paranoid PD, schizoid PD, schizophrenia and Schizoaffective disorder and interestingly schizophrenia spectrum disorders and ASD occours more often in one and the same families. Autistic like symptoms are also very common in schizophrenic spectrum disorders.

In my family there are clearly ppl who are on the schizophrenic spectrum and others who are on the autism spectrum.
As a child I was told, I'm clearly on the autism spectrum and now I'm told, I'm closer to Schizotypal PD. I see it more as a spectrum now.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 4:33 am

Raziel wrote:
The more I read about psychiatry, the more I think the differences between disorders are made up.
That is pretty much my view. To me personally though it's a philosophical question that I think a lot about. I think it might be a number of different scenarios or a combination of scenarios. It might be deliberate deception, it might be just confirmation bias/paradigm/world view/frame of reference, it might be seen as a language trying to describe a reality etc. For me it was a major leap forward in my development when I began seeing more clearly how not just psychiatric diagnoses but so much of what we perceive isn't anything but convention, and a lot of times false. I do think that this is the other side of the coin of mental illness. Society cannot function without convention and rules, group think, and mental disorder and illness are when you clash with that so naturally you will see it from another angle or see through it. I also think that mental disorder and illness are spiritual conditions. To me emotional intelligence seems to be to be bound by the earthly, to be low in the spiritual evolution. People with high emotional intelligence are much more easily manipulated whereas those with less emotional intelligence think outside the box and see a bigger picture.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 1:20 pm

One thing that has made me seriously doubt that I have Asperger's is reading this forum. I feel very different from people on here and frankly I'm astounded by how conformist and unawake people are on here. I also had a friend once who had Asperger's and he was very different from me.