Why do Women do this on Dating Sites?

Page 13 of 14 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 5:18 pm

LKL wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
AlexanderDantes wrote:
It's not uncommon for people to send naked photos to each other, some women sent me naked photos before we dated.

Free online dating sites are meat markets, if she wants a high quality website, she should pay for it.

Do these guys have the idea that women are going to be impressed that they have a penis? Because we're all pretty much aware that a penis is standard issue if you're a man. You don't need to prove it to us (not you personally; the guys who send pictures of them).

Men don't seem to understand that women, in general, are not as fascinated by penises as they are. Even if women are straight and rather like penises, they do not seem to hold the same fascination for women as they do for even straight men.

" they do not seem to hold the same fascination for women as they do for even straight men...bla bla." what a nonsense.

Let me shock you with this: We are not fascinated by closeup photos of vaginas either that so many of your gender like to share while having a horny chat with a man.

I have received so many pics of close up vagina and honestly I don't find them arousing by the slightest, not even visually, and I bet most straight men don't - I dunno why many women think otherwise. Now, a good full body shot is something else...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 5:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Let me shock you with this: We are not fascinated by closeup photos of vaginas either that so many of your gender like to share while having a horny chat with a man.

I have received so many pics of close up vagina and honestly I don't find them arousing by the slightest, not even visually, and I bet most straight men don't - I dunno why many women think otherwise. Now, a good full body shot is something else...

A close-up of one's genitals are less likely to be identified with that person should someone choose to share the image more widely than intended. That's more likely the motivation behind women (and many men too) sending tightly cropped close-ups of vaginas or breasts instead of less tightly cropped body shots.

Fear of social repercussions play a role in how people behave all the time, including how they flirt online.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 5:31 pm

I for one feel that it's only polite to send a vagina shot; how else will the guy recognise you on your first date?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

lightningorb
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2014, 5:32 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
I for one feel that it's only polite to send a vagina shot; how else will the guy recognise you on your first date?

haha :D

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 6:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
LKL wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
AlexanderDantes wrote:
It's not uncommon for people to send naked photos to each other, some women sent me naked photos before we dated.

Free online dating sites are meat markets, if she wants a high quality website, she should pay for it.

Do these guys have the idea that women are going to be impressed that they have a penis? Because we're all pretty much aware that a penis is standard issue if you're a man. You don't need to prove it to us (not you personally; the guys who send pictures of them).

Men don't seem to understand that women, in general, are not as fascinated by penises as they are. Even if women are straight and rather like penises, they do not seem to hold the same fascination for women as they do for even straight men.

" they do not seem to hold the same fascination for women as they do for even straight men...bla bla." what a nonsense.

Really? Usually what one hears women getting into trouble for is boob shots, and usually only when they're young enough to still be stupid about such things. One does not hear about adult women politicians, for example, tweeting boob shots (much less vagina shots) to people on twitter the way that one hears about dick pix with men. You're the first person, male or female, to ever even mention women taking pictures of vjs that I've heard.
Has anyone else seen or heard of this?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 6:42 pm

LKL wrote:

Craigslist.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm

LKL wrote:
Really? Usually what one hears women getting into trouble for is boob shots, and usually only when they're young enough to still be stupid about such things. One does not hear about adult women politicians, for example, tweeting boob shots (much less vagina shots) to people on twitter the way that one hears about dick pix with men. You're the first person, male or female, to ever even mention women taking pictures of vjs that I've heard.

Boob shots are more likely to include a face. The male politicians who sent dickpix and caught flak included their faces. An unidentified vagina is an anonymous vagina. Men seem to be less cautious when engaging in this sort of behaviour than women are and therefore don't take the same risk-reduction behaviours. It's both that men are more likely to engage in the practice and less likely to reduce potential risks.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 6:57 pm

LKL wrote:

No I hadn't heard of the vj pic thing til now. All of these things are things I've only heard of: dick pics, vj pics, 100s of messages per week, lots of harassing or sexually explicit messages. This is not my online dating experience at all, but I don't see what I'm doing differently. It has been said that all you need is to be female and you will get dodgy messages. Pretty sure I got that one covered, and yet, very few dodgy messages.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 7:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
LKL wrote:

Boob shots are more likely to include a face. The male politicians who sent dickpix and caught flak included their faces. An unidentified vagina is an anonymous vagina. Men seem to be less cautious when engaging in this sort of behaviour than women are and therefore don't take the same risk-reduction behaviours. It's both that men are more likely to engage in the practice and less likely to reduce potential risks.

Boobs shots are rarer even the faceless ones; I bet it's because of the common insecurity regarding size.
I think they do this vij shot while horny during sexting as a way of expressing "f**k me" or something, they're often opened wide with their fingers.

SignOfLazarus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 12:52 am

so... back to the original concern... I think?

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Yes, but my point is I'm tired of women who aren't emotionally available and have bad attitudes. Every OKCupid conversation has ended in a flake but I am not going to message someone by saying "I know you are probably going to flake but I might as well try talking to you". Even if 99 women screw me over #100 had NOTHING to do with it and deserves to be given a fair shake.

So that is totally reasonable.

I'm just not sure why any of this means you wouldn't "be given a fair shake":
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
"Just a heads up, since I've been getting messages of these kinds far too often for my tastes, I'm looking for a relationship. I'm not here because you're horny and you feel I'm the most likely to cyber with you at the time. I'm not looking for one night stands, or casual 'encounters'."

"I'm the kind of person that is perfectly fine by myself"

"If you do something that annoys me, or upsets me you are going to know it. I don't mean by giving you the silent treatment until you 'figure it out'. I will tell you right then and there what you are doing is upsetting and you had best not do it again."

"I don't share. Period. The second I find out you are or were cheating on me, your ass is grass. First offense I am gone, I don't need that s**t in my life."

"you like anything you see/read here! Though one rule:
Instead of sending me a dick pic (because this happens more often then I thought it really would) you can send me:"
and a long list of "acceptable" pictures...

Unless you plan on doing any of that, but it doesn't sound like any of that is really your MO.
If you know it doesn't apply to you, I'm not sure why you wouldn't give her a chance anyway since she is clearly addressing people who are not you and, as you imply, have nothing to do with you.

The fact that she is still on OKCupid would mean she still thinks there are possibly people there who don't suck, even though something made her so frustrated she felt the need to hang a very clear "no BS" sign in the window.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 1:51 am

Just win the lottery like 300 million dollars and then those same women will come flocking to you! Wealth greatly outweighs social awkwardness and also ensures financial security!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 4:45 am

Wealth outweights everything; even Gods. :lol:

Interfaith marriage between locals is pretty rare in my region; a marriage between a muslim and christian causes often a family uproar.
Yet I see Christian women marrying Saudi/Gulf men (whom usually are much more radically muslim) way more than marrying muslim locals. I also see muslim women taking French/Spanish UN officers as husbands way more than them marrying local Christian.
And the funniest part of it, their families are happy and cause no scene about it.

Ahh the power of the wealth :lol:

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 3:25 pm

smudge wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
Wow smudge, it's as if it's as one sided as feminists would have you believe.

As soon as I see the word, "feminist" as a dirty word, I tend not to take the speaker so seriously. It's a shame.

^^^For someone who thinks it appropriate to slap a person because (in your esteemed opinion) he thought too highly of himself, your tone above is quite condescending.

smudge wrote:
I don't see it as nastiness or bitterness, I just see it as a girl who is pissed off at being bothered by guys who ignore her profile and treat her how they like... Imagine being pestered by lots of guys who don't take you seriously or bother to find out who you are... So she has reacted defensively and is basically saying, "If you're just going to be a dick to me, f*** off now".

That's what I thought when I first read it, but then I took a second look:

OkCupid Lady wrote:
If you do something that annoys me, or upsets me you are going to know it. I don't mean by giving you the silent treatment until you 'figure it out'. I will tell you right then and there what you are doing is upsetting and you had best not do it again.

I'd agree with smudge and FireyInspiration if she'd said "I will tell you right then and there what you are doing is upsetting and we can work it out", but assuming that your partner is in the wrong just because that's how you felt in the moment is a bad start for a relationship.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 4:10 pm

LKL wrote:
One does not hear about adult women politicians, for example, tweeting boob shots (much less vagina shots) to people on twitter the way that one hears about dick pix with men.

When American women pester men crudely, it's usually with questions about money.

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2014, 5:15 pm

FireyInspiration wrote:
Maybe she has a history of having the wrongs guys message her, and is trying to 'weed them out'.

I've seen this described as a "jerk pass filter". On the basis that those people you most want to filter out are the hardest to dissuade. But the harder you try the more likely you are to scare everyone else off.
Especially when it turns out that the messages are from spammers who are never going to read the profile in the first place. Possibly asking for specific codewords in a message is going to be more effective when it comes to screening the junk.

Shaded
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2014, 1:19 am

It's not bad what she put in her profile really. Accept she could have shortened the straightforwardness by just saying: "I am known to be quite blunt and honest". But women do get harassed online all the time--you gotta give them some leeway. But I kinda stay away from profiles like hers because it's negative.

Like me for instance: I've been cheated on, disrespected, etc., but I don't feel the need to put that in a dating profile. Sometimes women use their profile as a subliminal diary. I like profiles that talk about positives: what you like, what you like doing, your favorites, quirky and original quotes. I'm pretty sure we've all been hurt before--we don't need to word that. I mean, it'll be cool to talk about it afterwords.

If she put: I've been in an abusive relationship in the past, okay, that's not bad to point out. But to put:
I'm not playing games, don't have time for dick pics, etc. I kinda go away from that. Because we are adults, and I am a guy, and I know guys are sending you immature stuff, but save those lines for something positive in mind.

Knight seems just right around the corner in my dreams...