Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Precarious
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Oct 2014, 5:05 am

I was diagnosed with (near) psychosis in May. I still have certain thoughts (or they came back) I had back then. I don't feel comfortable going in detail about them but it can be summarized as something bad has happened with my however I don't have memories about it I only have the feeling

The fact that I still have the thoughts (or they came back) does it mean it really happened or does it mean psychosis is back (I'm however on invega 3mg)?

FYI, I wasn't diagnosed with schizophrenia.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2014, 5:16 am

Had a psychotic episode some 16 years back.

I think it is a bit like your nervous system/brain suffering from PTSD

Where you get flashbacks

And then it is up to the individual how to evaluate those feelings.

My psychotic period was not a scary one

And I couldn't begin to relate to a scary one

so can't be more helpfull

Sorry

:?

Precarious
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2014, 9:11 am

The good thing is that the more I read about psychosis the more I understand that some one can have unrealistic thoughts and that's comforting me as it would mean that bad things didn't happen to me.

Precarious
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2014, 5:35 pm

This topic will get bigger than the psychosis part. May be I should start a new one but I will add additional info for now here because I started here. I hope someone can help/share thoughts...

I had a panic attack and a dissociative crisis during a session with my therapist. Following that I was admitted into a hospital were they diagnosed me with a (near) psychosis and broader autism phenotype. Now I wonder why some one with broader autism phenotype would get a panic attack and a dissociative crisis? How can someone with broader autism phenotype have studied 6 months abroad and worked 6 months abroad?

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2014, 12:28 am

Keep in mind that delusional thoughts are usually firmly held beliefs... so if you can discard them so easily they're probably not pure delusions, but yeah, thinking can get distorted.

I don't have experience with memory repression (my interest mainly lies with psychosis - ps. you even repressed the pronoun), but that's probably something you need to explore further as to whether there might be truth in what you're thinking... but you probably need to try to be objective about it and not have a conclusion based entirely on your feelings.

Precarious
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Nov 2014, 12:02 pm

Is it possible that cyclothymia makes you ignore your emotions?

Crazypandalady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2014, 2:19 am

In Australia a great service is Adult Survivors of Child Abuse. There may be a similar service where you live.

I have type 1 bipolar and I have had one mild and one major psychosis.
Know it's possible to get better.

Precarious
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Dec 2014, 5:10 pm

Friday an appointment with my p doc. I've mixed feelings about it. I hope he will change treatment and I will feel better because I'm in treatment since May and still am not feeling like I should be. Have to tell him that I'm a compulsive overeater. Besides that I'm thinking of cyclothymia.

Precarious
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Dec 2014, 8:45 am

I experience weight gain and sexual disfunction with taking my seroxat. Who can advice a good alternative AD? I will discuss this with my p doc