Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What's your most-used defense mechanism
Level I - pathological defences (psychotic denial, delusional projection) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Level II - immature defences (fantasy, projection, passive aggression, acting out) 21%  21%  [ 7 ]
Level III - neurotic defences (intellectualization, reaction formation, dissociation, displacement, repression) 52%  52%  [ 17 ]
Level IV - mature defences (humour, sublimation, suppression, altruism, anticipation) 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
I don't believe in this rubbish 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
None of you business 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 33

King_oni
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2014, 9:40 pm

starkid wrote:
I don't see what's so mature about coping via humor.

Humour often puts things in perspective

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 3:50 pm

Level II almost to a T.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 11:40 am

I clicked on lV, although I have shown signs of all of the above at some stage of my life or other.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 1:07 pm

A mix of 2 and 4 I guess. I do deal with things with fantasy and I can be passive-aggressive (especially with room mates..) but I am always trying to improve that. These days I usually succeed in dealing with things in a practical way like the methods shown in 4. But why give up fantasizing too? :)

devin12
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Dec 2014, 12:27 pm

I just get really upset and try to calm down or seek support, so I'm not sure any of the options apply to me. I try to limit what I am exposed to because I'm sensitive. If I find out something really bad my mind will try to deny that it happened if it's just too much for me. In general, I stay in reality and try not to expose myself to too much. I avoid the news for this reason.