Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2014, 3:36 am

Maybe it is more of a personal quirk than as Aspie trait, but I've noticed that while I am eating something, I often make associations with things I've read, seen or watched about what I am eating. Like a couple weeks ago, I was eating a taco, and the whole time I kept replaying parts of an episode of "CatDog" I saw, where they are trying to break into this taco restaraunt that they were banned from, because, "Dog, all you can eat doesn't mean you can actually eat it all!" :lol:

Anyway, if I'm not doing that, I also often find myself wanting to look things up about the food I am eating, like it's history and origins, variations of it, and other random facts, but only while I am eating. I never feel like I want to look up facts about salsa if I'm not eating it, but if I am it's like it becomes my temporary special interest. It's like it enhances the experience for me somehow. I never thought of it as weird before, but now that I do actually think about it, I've never heard of or seen anyone doing that before. Does anyone relate to this?

- Sherlock Holmes

IAmTheCatalyst
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2014, 4:29 am

L_Holmes, I'm starting to think you may be a male clone of me. :lol: Yes, at least to the part about it sometimes becoming a temporary interest, just while you're eating. It depends on my mood. For instance, a few days ago I was eating spaghetti and I thought of this old funny thing I saw about spaghetti, and looked it up. I also found this reddit about cats eating noodles. :)

Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2014, 6:04 am

I really don't, but my diet is so terrible and limited I guess I don't really have that luxury. :?

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2014, 6:15 am

I don´t hear the last "Moooh", when I sink my teeth into a red, juicy steak.
I have more associations to the look of the food, - not allways pleasant ones.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2014, 6:48 am

I do that and I also think about the animal's origin if I'm eating meat for example if I was once eating chicken then I went to search from what did chickens evolve to know the chicken's origin, after reading that chickens evolved from a dinosaur, now whenever I eat chicken I would think I'm eating something ancient

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Oct 2014, 3:35 pm

I never do anything like that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2014, 11:53 pm

IAmTheCatalyst wrote:
L_Holmes, I'm starting to think you may be a male clone of me. :lol: Yes, at least to the part about it sometimes becoming a temporary interest, just while you're eating. It depends on my mood. For instance, a few days ago I was eating spaghetti and I thought of this old funny thing I saw about spaghetti, and looked it up. I also found this reddit about cats eating noodles. :)

Wow, that does sound exactly like something I would do. This is beginning to be unbelievable... I think you may be right about the clone thing :lol:

- Sherlock Holmes