Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 1:41 am

I get so easily frustrated by little things. It is very frustrating. See, I'm even frustrated about being frustrated, which is also very frustrating. Which is just.... SO MUCH FRUSTRATION! :twisted:

Like, if I can't find something, I just start to feel so mad, even if it is just a sock. I seriously hung up on my friend yesterday, all because I couldn't find my sock and I was getting really frustrated, and him talking in the background was making it worse. It is one of my favorite socks, but still. How many people even have favorite socks, let alone getting so frustrated about it that you hang up on your friend?

I get like that about a lot of seemingly silly things. I just start feeling intensely irritated and I don't know how to handle it (it feels like the same feeling I get from sensory issues, though with sensory issues usually it is a bit worse). Even as a baby I did. My mom says I would be putting shapes in the corresponding shape holes, but if I wanted one to go in a certain hole that wasn't the correct one, rather than trying a different hole, I would continue trying to get it in there, and get increasingly angry with something like the square for not going in the triangle hole. She said I'd eventually be banging it and screaming, and then I'd fling the lid open, throw the shape in, slam the lid... and then go back to calmly putting the shapes in the holes. She said I'd sit there and do it for quite a while.

Is getting frustrated like this an Aspie trait?

- Sherlock Holmes

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 1:59 am

Yes, I get frustrated pretty easily at times. I know I shouldn't over little things, but it still happens.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 2:27 am

I can be easily frustrated too.

L_Holmes wrote:
Like, if I can't find something, I just start to feel so mad, even if it is just a sock. I seriously hung up on my friend yesterday, all because I couldn't find my sock and I was getting really frustrated, and him talking in the background was making it worse. It is one of my favorite socks, but still. How many people even have favorite socks, let alone getting so frustrated about it that you hang up on your friend?

I can very much relate to this example! I too become very frustrated with something rather minor, like not finding something immediately, and then become even more frustrated because someone is yapping on, (as if I have the attention span to deal with them when I'm upset about and doing something else!), and then I could also hang up if they were just someone on the phone, but usually for me they aren't.

I don't currently have any fave socks (though there are socks I like better than others), but I have had fave socks in the past.

L_Holmes wrote:
Is getting frustrated like this an Aspie trait?

Good question. I guess it could tie in with both having one-track minds, being too detail oriented, and being emotionally immature.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 2:44 am

If I allow my obsessionality to rule the roost I would be frustrated and overwhelmed 24-7 I over compensate for this part of my nature by imposing rigid routines. At times this boarders on OCD. In many ways my OCD has been my way of desperately attempting to be in control of my runaway mind. Often I can feel like I live between a rock (obsessionality) and a hard place (OCD) however, mindfulness and meditation offers me a new way of relating to myself and the world.

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2014, 9:14 am

Oh yes, I can get extremely frustrated very quickly. I'm not proud of it, I wish my tolerance for frustration was higher.... Like you L Holmes I cannot *stand* having to hunt around the whole house for something I know is in here somewhere. Last time it was the turkey baster - my roommate was making ribs and needed it and I know I have one but it's in a box in the basement (we don't have room in the kitchen for all his stuff and all my stuff) and I hunted so long getting more & more pissed by the minute that I couldn't find it! Eventually I gave up and told him he'd have to use his fingers as I couldn't handle hunting around in boxes anymore.

I remember getting frustrated as a very young child with a game called Mr. Mouth. You toss in these objects into a big revolving mouth and I just could not get even one in. I remember being frustrated enough to start screaming about it, and my mother would toss one in herself to show me but I wanted to do it myself. I hated that stupid game!

My current frustration is with a drawer that is currently stuck open. We had some workmen spray something in the house after a fire and they pulled out all my desk drawers and must have twisted this one and I can see it is cracked at the back - anyway I tried so hard to push it back in so I don't scrape my leg on it and it wouldn't budge and I got so angry with it I had a crying fit, complete with squealing and all :oops: All I wanted was to get that drawer pushed in so I could put my computer back in that room..

Sorry for rambling on... yes even tiny little things frustrate the heck out of me :(

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

TerryD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2014, 10:14 am

I am constantly being frustrated, even by minor issues, such as those experienced by the OP. I have been this way since I was a kid, and now that I am 57 years old, it has not improved at all.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 10:20 am

Me too I get very frustrated easily over silly things

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 1:13 pm

I realized that experiencing easy frustration happens each day.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 3:23 pm

I'm very easily frustrated as well as anxiety-prone. If something is lost or something, like right now my phone. I'll worry constantly about it to the point where I get frustrated for not being able to find it. This can happen with just about anything though too.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Oct 2014, 5:58 pm

I have gotten frustrated very easily by anything as a kid but it's not as bad nowadays thou I still get frustrated some. I tend to avoid things that frustrate me when I can.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition