Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 5:39 pm

TAFKASH wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
And i'm "artsy" and there's nothing wrong with me. :x

I dare say there are some people who could give you an argument on that one.... :wink:

Yeah but I'm also a science freak.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 7:11 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 9:09 pm

tom wrote:
wow. I haven't heard of anybody judging their fellow human beings so superficially since the days of Herman Goering!

First, Herman Goering was a "yes man". He was first and foremost a fighter pilot who comitted a few atrocities because he was under ordrers and didn't want to get shot. Second, it's her life, let her be as judgmental as she wants. Those science, buisness, and law majors will find a mate with or without her.

codeman38
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2005, 2:20 am

I tend to agree with <b>KingChaosNinja</b> here... even if I had had a date back in high school (I had a rather short-lived long-distance relationship, but that was about it), I still wouldn't have understood the appeal of prom. What is it that draws people to such an event anyway?

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2005, 7:16 am

Prom is for all the snobs, jocks and comittee nuts (people who join all these school organizations so they can look important). These are the same kinds of people who are most likely to pick on us (aspies). I was so alienated and tortured by these people that I wanted to take them out or scare them really bad. Don't go to their proms and feed their egos...they don't give a crap about anyone but themselves and getting laid.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2005, 6:06 pm

Absolute_Zero wrote:
Prom is for all the snobs, jocks and comittee nuts (people who join all these school organizations so they can look important). These are the same kinds of people who are most likely to pick on us (aspies). I was so alienated and tortured by these people that I wanted to take them out or scare them really bad. Don't go to their proms and feed their egos...they don't give a crap about anyone but themselves and getting laid.

Not always true. I have a lot of friends on committees, and I have some friends who play tennis. I'm sorry that you were alienated and tortured by 'those' types of people, but not all of 'them' are like that. I have also met people who could be considered outcasts who are also mean. To some extent, all teenagers care about themselves more than other people.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2005, 6:33 pm

Yeah most of the outcasts I know were b*****s and jerks.
And most of the middle social people were the same.

The jocks were jerks but the "cheerleaders" alot of them were nice. (we don't have cheerleaders here, but people that would have been them)

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2005, 8:45 pm

KingChaosNinja wrote:
Prom is redundant. It is saying that you would in fact rather waste a Friday night locked in a room with people you can't stand to be with just to dress up and eat mediocer food for eight hours. Not to mention the fact that you will probably spend a majority of the night listining to bad music.

Instead, me and my friends are having a party in my friend's back yard. We are going to have a big bon-fire and a band playing in the garage. There is a clear advantage to my party over prom.

not to mention the $50 for a prom ticket
that night i am just gonna chill AT HOME where people give a damn about me

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2005, 8:47 pm

Absolute_Zero wrote:

You Sir have said it all. My HS is 83% jock 14% cheerleader b***h 1.8% idiot and .2% me (i hope that equalls 100) i am failing math

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Apr 2005, 9:59 pm

I have a date to prom. I don't see why you guys say so many negative things about prom. It looks fun to me. :D

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2005, 12:55 am

Prom is nothing more than an overhyped dance where everyone dresses fancy, dances, and socializes. Not to appealing to me.

The real fun begins *after* prom. That's when the booze is brought out and the sex begins.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2005, 5:22 am

Scoots5012 wrote:
Prom is nothing more than an overhyped dance where everyone dresses fancy, dances, and socializes. Not to appealing to me.

The real fun begins *after* prom. That's when the booze is brought out and the sex begins.

Add in teen pregnancy and STDs to the 'real fun' after the prom and you have 'harsh reality'. :lol: :roll:

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2005, 6:30 pm

I'm only glad I never did anything stupid. My friends and I ambushed a beach party one year and did alot of damage, I can't really go into details. We eventually had a reputation that made people worry. In the end though, when my friends moved on and I had to stay for another year of hell school....everything turned bad again.

Every year I get extremely ugly around the prom season.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2005, 6:35 pm

I don't go. it isnt a necesity in the UK. However, I might go to my college leavers ball...... after all, i know enough people that i can talk to my freinds even w out having a date......

Glasskitten
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2005, 11:16 pm

May I attend your party, KingChaosNinja?

I never really saw the appeal of the prom, although it appears to be a widespread American tradition. The only people I regularly talk to at school (my sister, my lab partner, and the nameless friend of the latter) are not seniors, so I would not see anyone I knew well enough to "hang out" with if I went to my school's prom. I would have no date, nor even a crush to drool over from afar, so I would be better off sitting at home with my beloved computer and fantasizing about being an anime schoolgirl from a non-hentai film attending a Japanese cultural festival with a kind-hearted bishounen.

Of course, there are many people out there who would greatly enjoy this prom thing, but I have yet to find any preferences in common with them.

Cadeyrn
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 May 2005, 12:16 am

I never went to prom, despite one of my friends just trying to set me up with one of her friends and others pressuring me. I was just in the insanely misanthropic angsty nihlist phase of being 18... okay, and I'm extremly self-concious.

To be honest, though, it didn't seem very appealing and from what I heard I didn't miss much. Besides, I'd have ended up being the guy in the corner losing his religion.