Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

lightningorb
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2014, 4:14 pm

All I'm saying is you have to try, you have to put in effort to become a happier person. Why do you think so many people go to college.. It's to get a better future, more money, comfortable job etc, you might be feeling down now, or a while.. I've been through hell anxiety wise and I'm pretty happy now. If I went to a doctor I would get all sorts of diagnoses. People actually make us happy, maybe you have social phobia and need to work on that. Getting laid cures most mental illnesses. Anyways.. do you know how I can delete my account or get banned?

lightningorb
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2014, 5:00 pm

But don't mind me. Like the rest of the people here.. they want to be where they are.. they want to blame their problems for everything.. Anyways.. do u want to wanna do, stay where are you.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 9:20 pm

Getting laid does not solve most mental illnesses. I don't know where you got that idea from.

And if Anhedonia is just another word for being depressed that doesn't change what it is. Call it whatever you want it's a dysfunction in your reward system whether you call it depression or monkey bucket syndrome. The name doesn't matter.

I don't even care if you honestly believe you can just will yourself out of depression. The problem is you're being dismissive and condescending in your language. Just be more respectful. When someone says they can't just will away a problem don't call that person a liar. Even if that's what you believe understand that you might be right you might be wrong. You can even say that. Say "I find what you say very hard to believe but I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that your lying".

Don't dismiss peoples experiences as fake or not real. Don't accuse anybody of wanting to be sick.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 3:26 am

lightningorb wrote:
All I'm saying is you have to try, you have to put in effort to become a happier person. Why do you think so many people go to college.. It's to get a better future, more money, comfortable job etc, you might be feeling down now, or a while.. I've been through hell anxiety wise and I'm pretty happy now. If I went to a doctor I would get all sorts of diagnoses. People actually make us happy, maybe you have social phobia and need to work on that. Getting laid cures most mental illnesses. Anyways.. do you know how I can delete my account or get banned?

Lightningorb, please stop with this nonsense. I've notified Alex and as soon as he sees my mail, you'll be banned.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 7:57 am

lightningorb wrote:

How old is what you want gone? And are you sure it's too late to edit? If it's not been too long you can still edit for a bit after you can no longer delete, can you "select all" and replace with "deleted"?

Or even post the specifics in the mod help thread and ask that the particular posts you want removed be removed?

If you want something done now try working within the system.

Edited to add: I don't see you posted here, this is the help thread maybe they can remove a specific post (or a few) for you that you feel is overly personal.
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postx267945-60-0.html

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 12:29 am

lightningorb wrote:
But don't mind me. Like the rest of the people here.. they want to be where they are.. they want to blame their problems for everything.. Anyways.. do u want to wanna do, stay where are you.

That is the most offensive BS ever. You're an insufferable idiot. People like you should be forced to take a pill that induces SEVERE depression, just as an educational experience. I actually think it should be mandatory. I guarantee it will blow your puny mind to hell and leave you crying in a fetal position, begging for someone to end your pathetic existence ASAP. People who don't know what the f**k they're talking about should do everyone a favor and shut the f**k up. You're a lucky piece of s**t. People who don't understand depression are all lucky pieces of s**t. I think the cure to as*holes in the world is to make them all suffer intolerable emotional pain. In my experience that's the only way to make people less judgmental. People who don't understand suffering are usually the biggest as*holes in the world.

existentialterror
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2015, 4:19 pm

I experience anhedonia as well... It is hellish.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Nov 2015, 4:50 am

Hi, I have had Anhedonia to an extent since I tried paxil for a few months then came off them but for a long time I've had social Anhedonia. I'd go through phases when I was younger where I was interested in having friends then to having little interest now as an adult I have almost zero interest and my lack of pleasure from socializing and relationships has caused me alarm. i dont really know where im going with this but just putting it out there.