Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Bluestar
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Oct 2014, 8:11 pm

Just interested to see if anyone here has D.P./D.R. and would like to talk about it? I happen to have this disorder caused by a Migraine ten years ago. Was just clinically diagnosed this year, however. I do feel that I have Aspergers as well, but never received my neuropsychology report. They only tell me that this is what my issue is. Perhaps, but then why aren't they concerned about helping me overcome it? My neuropsychologist is poorly reviewed, so I might need another opinion, but I don't know how to go about getting one. Does Depersonalization cause so many social issues? I have many strong interests that I enjoy pursuing... now, I realize this is normal, but the way I go about it, down to memorizing every detail of the Frozen movie, for instance, is not normal. Nor is my stimming. Can these two phenomena be comorbid? Anyone her relate to me?Thanks for anything.
Blue

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 11:24 pm

depersonalization would be hard to confuse with the aspects of autism that you describe.

Bluestar
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Oct 2014, 11:22 am

Yes, I understand this. What I'm trying to say is I'd like to know other people's stories. Thanks for replying, though.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 12:26 pm

My understanding is that depersonalization disorder is only diagnosed if its symptoms are not better explained by another illness (and lots of other mental illnesses can produce its symptoms) and, though depersonalization disorder is often mentally painful and produces angst in patients, there are no cognitive deficits associated with pure depersonalization disorder.

You might want to try to get a copy of that neuropsychological report.