Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2014, 11:45 am

Hello guys, I have a question regarding my mentality. So I am generally a very nice guy and easy to get along with unless we do not get along or there is a problem. So to get to my question if I am remotely a narcissist, I will give you some examples that maybe I am mildly narcissistic. Whenever I get rejected by a guy I really want, I tend to get angry in my mind and take my anger out on them without actually doing it. There was a guy that we went on three dates, I thought he was the one and then he rejected me saying he can't do the relationship but yet he is on a dating site. He stopped talking to me, and I developed a deep hatred for him, It was hard to take no. I suddenly had thoughts where I wish he could see we would be at least good f**k buddies. But obviously my desires don't matter in his case. Here is another example. At work there is a girl/training manager whom I find so shallow and just rude. She isn't very nice to me and I constantly have this theory she's a power hungry b***h and she's friends with one of the regular workers and favorites people hardcore. I wish i could be in authority at my work but obviously that ain't happening. I feel like I would get what I want if I was really much more attractive and know I could easily attract anyone. I really want to be in a metal band and I feel like I would be somewhat fixated on how I think something should sound like. I had these thoughts where I feel like I can manipulate people and my environment if I ever wanted to, but I have feelings and so do other people (I care about). The people I dislike, some of them deserve my anger but I never followed through with anything. I am an abrasive person and really like stuff to be my way. Any thoughts? I'm not a full blown narcissist, A lot of these emotions are internalized.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm

Are you willing to be assessed by a Psychiatrist?

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 7:48 pm

Hey, being f**k buddies don't always mean good. It oculd mean the person is treating you like an object, thinking about someone else; as they are f*****g you they are imagining they are f*****g them.

I feel like a narcissist too sometimes. I daydream about being a higher-up in an important group of people. I like older, mature, established men.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 7:14 am

I don't think you're a narcissist. Trust me, you'd know one when you meet one.

It was understandable to get angry at the guy, because he gave you a phony excuse to stop dating you. It's the same kinda cowardice that made me give up the dating game. You sound like you might have gotten a little fixated on him though.

I think the desire for power is just born from the fact we get so downtrodden in life.

rubberwood
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jan 2015, 2:23 am

no, you are not a narcissist from what I gathered on your post, but are on spectrum.