Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

parts
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 11:10 pm

More useless feel good legislation

HARTFORD, Conn. - Connecticut lawmakers unveiled legislation Wednesday that would require MySpace.com and other social-networking sites to verify users' ages and obtain parental consent before minors can post profiles.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070308/ap_ ... UhUyTMWM0F

I really don't see this working laws that will be avoided and disobeyed by the majority usually don't work out so well. It's all about making look like they are doing something to justify their pay. The sad thing is I can find stories like this everyday

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 12:51 am

Brave New World

Animal Farm

Atlas Shrugged

Anthem

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 1:25 am

Like myspace is going to do what Connecticut says.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 7:06 am

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal has major political ambitions and has this type of stuff all the time he likes the spotlight :?

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 12:06 am

If Blumenthal has major political ambitions, how come he's been AG for more than 16 years? One would think he'd have made a run for governor or Congress or something by now.

And I wouldn't listen to Connecticut either.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 12:56 am

parts wrote:
More useless feel good legislation

HARTFORD, Conn. - Connecticut lawmakers unveiled legislation Wednesday that would require MySpace.com and other social-networking sites to verify users' ages and obtain parental consent before minors can post profiles.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070308/ap_ ... UhUyTMWM0F

I really don't see this working laws that will be avoided and disobeyed by the majority usually don't work out so well. It's all about making look like they are doing something to justify their pay. The sad thing is I can find stories like this everyday

That's just like how newgrounds asks you if you're 18 to view their adult section. I remember just clicking yes I am 18 before I actually turned 18 and viewing things I shouldn't. Like this would work.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 6:59 am

werbert wrote:
If Blumenthal has major political ambitions, how come he's been AG for more than 16 years? One would think he'd have made a run for governor or Congress or something by now.

And I wouldn't listen to Connecticut either.

There was lost of speculation about him running last time around and it is believed he will run at some point in the future for governor.

BTW I live in Connecticut and I don't listen to anything they say either