Page 6 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

I'm a Sagittarius, the only sign of the Zodiac with a black hole(that we know of). Even if other signs have them, Sagittarius has the closest SUPERMASSIVE black hole to Earth and that makes it pretty unique. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:06 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I'm a Sagittarius, the only sign of the Zodiac with a black hole(that we know of). Even if other signs have them, Sagittarius has the closest SUPERMASSIVE black hole to Earth and that makes it pretty unique. 8)

am one also, though some might say I was really an ophiuchus as I was born early in the Sagittarius month. can you tell me what quality would you say the black hole adds to Sagittarius?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:28 pm

It give you gravity (gravitas)!

Lol!

But it might cause you to be a bit warped.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:30 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
It give you gravity (gravitas)! Lol! But it might cause you to be a bit warped.

facetiousness aside, you bring up a good point in that Sagittarius has its dark and heavy side, I am sure.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:40 pm

Acupuncture is ancient psuedo-science that doesn't work, either.:study:

Doh! :wall:

Well, then, we must have empirical evidence to prove why it works, not just mumbo-jumbo about barely discernible bioelectrical fields and interconnected pressure points, right? :chin:

DeRp.
This can't be - western science knows everything and is always right. Ancient belief systems are all anti-intellectual superstition. There is nothing useful or important in the universe that modern technologically civilized humans don't already know. :rambo:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm

will@rd wrote:
Acupuncture is ancient psuedo-science that doesn't work, either.:study:

Doh! :wall:

Well, then, we must have empirical evidence to prove why it works, not just mumbo-jumbo about barely discernible bioelectrical fields and interconnected pressure points, right? :chin:

DeRp.
This can't be - western science knows everything and is always right. Ancient belief systems are all anti-intellectual superstition. There is nothing useful or important in the universe that modern technologically civilized humans don't already know. :rambo:

This seems to be a post lacking in any coherent argument, and either resorting to straw man arguments or degenerating into non-sequiturs.

Never mind that we don't know how acupuncture could possibly work - we know it doesn't.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 4:27 pm

I believe he was expressing irony. and btw, a relative of acupuncture worked for me, and that is all that matters to me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 5:06 pm

Yeah. I kinda thought that he was being sarcastic, but it is kinda hard to tell.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2015, 7:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

am one also, though some might say I was really an ophiuchus as I was born early in the Sagittarius month. can you tell me what quality would you say the black hole adds to Sagittarius?

The 13th zodiac sign was a hoax. But AFAIK, it is those born during the 3rd stage of Sagittarius(December 12th to December 21st) where the Sun appears to transit through Sagittarius A*. Google Sagittarius A* to learn more.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 7:26 pm

mr. google says sag A is at the border between sag and scorpio. I was earlier led to believe it was an overlap of the last decan of scorpion and the first of sag. obviously I'm no expert in this, though. :oops:

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2015, 10:33 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

Yes, at the Galactic Center of the Milky Way at 26 degrees Sagittarius. On my birthchart - my Sun, Mercury, Venus and Mars are all conjunct (within 5 degrees) of the GC.

Astrologers believe that one with such a heavy influence of the GC - which is mostly Sagittarians, but also 26 degrees of any of the mutable constellations (Gemini, Virgo, Sag, Pisces) - will feel a certain pull away from the rest of humanity, a certain alienation. Just a quick overview of Virgo or Sag traits - they are the two most intellectual signs, and the two that are most concerned with some specific pursuit, especially one of knowledge. This makes it all very easy to see something like a point towards AS or some other happening where some kind of exaggerated mental ability overtakes other, more practical or material, functions of life - this is one of the things symbolized in the human/animal question of the centaur (the Sagittarian character) And that Virgo is the sign to pick apart the functions of everyday life, especially health, suggests a certain disconnection, that gave way to the observant/analytical tendency.

This is not to say that there is a cause for AS in the stars but astrology has taught me infinitely more about myself than any medical diagnosis ever could. So, if nothing else, accepting myself through the sky is a lot better for me than accepting myself through the DSM-IV. It was also the first (and only) way I've been able to pick people apart and see any individuality in them. So I absolutely do not care what scientists at a closed off NASA lab say, it works in my own personal experience, and that is the true test of what I will believe in and employ in my world view.

I could also get into how it has withstood millennia of wear and cultural diffusion, while everything the modern world (especially America) creates is completely unsustainable and ends up destroying itself, like scientific criticism may end up doing. But I'll just leave it at that it works for me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:39 pm

Astrology is to science as religion is to medicine.

Having successfully run the Psychic Con under a legal business license, I can honestly say that the only thing real thing about Astrology is the huge amount of money you can make from selling hand-drawn Natal Charts to anyone gullible enough to buy them.

Everyone is seeking something to believe in, and there is a seeker born every minute.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:48 pm

Fnord wrote:

Having successfully run the Psychic Con under a legal business license, I can honestly say that the only thing real thing about Astrology is the huge amount of money you can make from selling hand-drawn Natal Charts to anyone gullible enough to buy them.

Everyone is seeking something to believe in, and there is a seeker born every minute.

Yeah and a lot of people do not even know what the symbols of the signs and planets are so they are pretty much looking at a foreign language when they view a natal chart. Charts are neat.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 12:46 am

Acupuncture does work and this is scientifically proven...but it is not very effective or a cure-all as its traditional practitioners claim it does. Why it works is still being investigated but so far it has something to do with the way the nerves and the brain interact to release hormones, endorphins and other good stuff. It involves the immune system response too.

From what I remember reading, the needles being placed on you in certain patterns trigger certain responses which can be beneficial or harmful to you. The most common one is pain relief that comes from multiple needles triggering feel-good, pain numbing endorphin release in the brain (similar to tapping the bone behind your ear to ease car/seasickness). The nerves 'hit' by the needle take a couple of days to heal..you dont feel it but the nerves keep triggering the response until they heal up. Good for business too since the person has to return for sessions if they need further relief.

It does work but not for everything nor is it a mystical healing art. It just triggers uses the body's own responses to help in healing...which in itself is nifty and impressive.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 12:56 am

Fnord wrote:

Bull crap; I've already explained in detail in a post that was removed how the placebo and nocebo effect and affect is a real scientific method measure deal associated directly on TOPIC with ASTROLOGY.

And the emoting emotion of belief is also a real deal that underlies all so-called woo of real affect and effect of the real emoting emotions of faith, belief, and hope, when one greater utilizes physical intelligence to regulate emotions and integrate senses.

The only APPRECIABLE difference between me and you, ASSOCIATED WITH THIS, is, I never attempt to make money off of other people who have the ability to believe, using the 'charlatan procedures' you seem proud of above, in what you seem to think is taking advantage of people you THINK are not as smart as you in mechanical cognition; but my friend you seem to be totally missing the FEELING emoting emotional boat of life;

As science shows that only around one third of the population, these days even experience the power of the emotion of belief, PER THE PLACEBO EFFECT AND AFFECT.

Without the empowering emoting forces of THE EMOTIONS OF faith, belief, and hope there is darkness;

With IT heaven CAN BE now.

And truly SOME other folks

CANNOT SEE

through an opaque window

of hell, to use that metaphor.

It is up to you; in your attempts to live wherever the blank you decide to go....

But you are not taking the rest of us folks; with the emoting emotions of faith, hope and belief, WITH YOU,
whether that comes through symbols of astrology or frigging religion; BELIEF IS REAL AND A GAME CHANGER;

TO PARAPHRASE THE ORACLE AT THE END AND BEGINNING
OF THE MATRIX TRILOGY, WITH SMILES, AS WELL..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 1:07 am

Dantac wrote:
Acupuncture does work and this is scientifically proven...but it is not very effective or a cure-all as its traditional practitioners claim it does. Why it works is still being investigated but so far it has something to do with the way the nerves and the brain interact to release hormones, endorphins and other good stuff. It involves the immune system response too.

From what I remember reading, the needles being placed on you in certain patterns trigger certain responses which can be beneficial or harmful to you. The most common one is pain relief that comes from multiple needles triggering feel-good, pain numbing endorphin release in the brain (similar to tapping the bone behind your ear to ease car/seasickness). The nerves 'hit' by the needle take a couple of days to heal..you dont feel it but the nerves keep triggering the response until they heal up. Good for business too since the person has to return for sessions if they need further relief.

It does work but not for everything nor is it a mystical healing art. It just triggers uses the body's own responses to help in healing...which in itself is nifty and impressive.

QFT.

And additionally that internal healing power can be practiced

and improved USING GREATER PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE

to produce what looks like real LIFE natural miracles,

UTILIZING WHATEVER METHOD WORKS.

I prove that everyday AND EVERYNOW of my life,

irrefutably so, in documented evidence;

As in every human experience IT IS a spectrum of experience and potential;

more fully realized or NOT, by THE NAYSAYERS or YAYSAYERS OF well-being..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick