Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

DaughterOfGallifrey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2014, 4:30 pm

I'm not talking about things everyone does like deep breathing. I'm wondering if anyone has tricks they do that nobody else does. Special prayers, phrases, different textures or smells that calm you down. I listen to "Traveling Man" by Chameleon Circuit.

blacklashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2014, 3:52 am

I have anxiety relieving rituals,and I do have fragrances that ease my anxiety, I find a lot of food type and natural smells like vanilla or vetiver to be rather calming. I like smoking cannabis to relieve my anxiety the most, It is the ritual for me and its my go to in times of need :)
I like to listen to music too, I seem to like different types though, so I'll go from listening to metal to gospel and then disco ect.

I find that If i'm doing something productive, I tend to not get as anxious because I'm not thinking about shite that i cant do anything about. A few months ago I'd have been spending hours in my garden or out taking photos but because its cold now I'll be tidying, baking and making things with my children.

DaughterOfGallifrey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2014, 11:00 am

That's cool. I kinda want to explore medical marijuana for anxiety when I'm old enough, but I don't think I'd smoke it. Jasmine and chocolate scents help me calm down a lot.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 7:37 pm

I stim. As I stim, I think about pleasant things, including fixes to the things that make me anxious. For example, if something embarrasses me I'll think about everyone having humiliations and create whole fictitious stories around it that I could use as a guide in my real life, and I will stim at the same time. The stimulation from stimming creates energy to power these daydreams to make them seem more real.

DaughterOfGallifrey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2014, 1:14 pm

I tap. You'll notice when I'm getting really anxious because I'll start tapping the same rhythm faster and faster.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 8:57 pm

Sometimes I recite the Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear. It helps.

http://dune.wikia.com/wiki/Litany_Against_Fear

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2014, 11:09 pm

I play a racing game. Or play guitar. Something that I can't think and do at the same time without screwing up. Exercise helps too. Like anything that takes physical effort and tires me. Riding a bicycle.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 12:42 am

^bikes are fun. and exercize. I like walking long distances.

when i get really anxious or upset i mostly take a pen and just start scribbling on any paper i can find, names, bits and pieces of songs that have stuck to me (often transliterated from a foreign language in my own way or spelled alternatively). i've created two writing systems i plan to apply to conlangs but mostly just use for scribbling, scrawling..anything, ANYHTING goes. doodles. no pictures of course, for privacy concerns. they have real, full names. i often write (NAME) is am (made up word)

i don't know.

once i went on a walk downtown when i was fuming with anxiety. the whole time i was mumbling čtvrtsmršť to myself. i got looks, of course.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2014, 7:16 pm

Whenever I have anxiety, I balance my pillow with my feet. It is a type of stress reliever.