Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 7:14 pm

do they bother you what is it like" do they giude you to do any thing? will voices ever go away?

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 7:40 pm

It was always positive for me.

Once someone said to me, very quietly, while I was lying in bed, "God wants you to reveal, not to conceal." Another time I was laying down begging God to help me and a tiny voice said "What do you think I've been doing?" Another time I was alone in a stairwell (a closed stairwell with nobody above or below me) and a voice told me, "Watch your step!" I looked down and I was about to fall down the stairs.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 7:40 pm

Once someone said to me, very quietly, while I was lying in bed, "God wants you to reveal, not to conceal." Another time I was laying down begging God to help me and a tiny voice said "What do you think I've been doing?" Another time I was alone in a stairwell (a closed stairwell with nobody above or below me) and a voice told me, "Watch your step!" I looked down and I was about to fall down the stairs. There may have been other times too.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 3:14 am

Sounds like schizophrenia.. Forgive the probable misspelling. You need to see a doctor about it, so you can be treated for it. Also, if the voices tell you to do anything bad, whether to yourself, or others, DON'T DO IT!! ! You are never under any obligation, whether to a real person speaking to you, or to voices in your head, to do anything bad they tell you to do.

Now get to a doctor, so you can get help with this.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 5:35 am

It's not necesserely schizophrenia. A lot of ppl hear voices without being schizophrenic:
http://www.hearing-voices.org

But it's still a good idea to talk to a doctor or therapist about it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 6:16 am

when I'm tired I'm prone to hearing the "music of the spheres" [massed voices as in a ginormous chorale] in the background drone of things like old computer power supplies, fans, the wind, et al]. I wonder if that is the aural equivalent to seeing animated patterns in the lightplay of raindrops hitting puddles.

maddycakes__
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2014, 5:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
when I'm tired I'm prone to hearing the "music of the spheres" [massed voices as in a ginormous chorale] in the background drone of things like old computer power supplies, fans, the wind, et al]. I wonder if that is the aural equivalent to seeing animated patterns in the lightplay of raindrops hitting puddles.

Is that like hearing lots of whispers? Because since I was about 9 I have heard what sounds like a room full of people whispering, and no matter how hard I try I can never distinguish anything they are talking about. It's usually when it is silent too. I've never know anyone else to experience it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm

maddycakes__ wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Is that like hearing lots of whispers? Because since I was about 9 I have heard what sounds like a room full of people whispering, and no matter how hard I try I can never distinguish anything they are talking about. It's usually when it is silent too. I've never know anyone else to experience it.

I don't know if that is a psychic phenomenon or if it is a brain phenomenon, or both.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2014, 3:34 pm

The night-time voices and the music stopped when the night-seizures started in about my mid-twenties. The night-seizures feel similar to people's descriptions of alien abduction. The seizures used to be every night, but they have quit in the past few months.

I have never been particularly bothered by any of the above.

Last edited by Persimmonpudding on 16 Nov 2014, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 3:37 pm

^^^
8O

JohnnyC
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Nov 2014, 10:02 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
do they bother you what is it like" do they giude you to do any thing? will voices ever go away?
. I. Find it odd vi hear voices. John c

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2014, 10:59 pm

Other than the last time I was in the psyche ward, I hear voices sometimes when I'm waking up. I won't be able to move my body and it takes all my strength to even keep my eyes open. The room appears to be illuminated and I hear voices. It hasn't happened much lately. I am not able to make out what they're saying, but once I felt they were evil and damning me. I tried to keep my eyes open because I was afraid if I let them close I'd end up being taken to a very bad place. Does anyone know if there's a name for this? I once read that most people have the hallucinogenic experience when they are waking up at least once in their life. I thought they called it hallucinagogic dreams, but I can't find any matches when I search for it.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 12:11 am

I do, as a result of my bipolar. They tend to be pretty mild and come and go depending on my mania or depression. They don't really have a sound or gender to them, and they usually attempt to coerce me into acting upon violent or self-destructive impulses. Long story short, I don't really get invited to a lot of parties. :?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 11:51 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:

Once someone said to me, very quietly, while I was lying in bed, "God wants you to reveal, not to conceal." Another time I was laying down begging God to help me and a tiny voice said "What do you think I've been doing?" Another time I was alone in a stairwell (a closed stairwell with nobody above or below me) and a voice told me, "Watch your step!" I looked down and I was about to fall down the stairs. There may have been other times too.

I had a similar experience one time when I was up a pair of ladders painting a ceiling where I used to work.

It was a Sunday and nobody else was around. A voice whispered right in my ear "Be careful!" I just said "Thanks, I will be".

Weird! The only other time I hear voices is when the vacuum cleaner's on or when I'm near rushing water.

Oh, by the way, I don't think these are supernatural experiences. I do believe it can all be explained away by science.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 12:35 am

i distinctly remember lying in bed late at night (or early morning), being awake, and looking to the
when i was around nine or ten. i saw what looked like a sharp, grey wedge immediately before me, moving up and down slightly.

i heard the words "baby...baby..." in a soft feminine whisper.

this is the only instance i can recall of hearing voices, that may as well have been coming from a real, touchable human being.

i think i was around nine or ten.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 12:46 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i distinctly remember lying in bed late at night (or early morning), being awake, and looking to the when i was around nine or ten. i saw what looked like a sharp, grey wedge immediately before me, moving up and down slightly. i heard the words "baby...baby..." in a soft feminine whisper. this is the only instance i can recall of hearing voices, that may as well have been coming from a real, touchable human being. i think i was around nine or ten.

if you don't mind, do you have any opinions as to who that entity was?